LBC Chit Chat #8 Steve Allen has left the building

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jobbie trending on Twitter, and not in a good way! He's managed to get himself labelled 'anti-semitic' as a result of his attack on Braverman. Surely that's worse than poor old Steve mis-gendering some pop star?
Are people claiming James O'Brien is anti semitic because Suella Braverman's husband is Jewish? That's a bit of a stretch even for people who think that believing Carl Beech 10 years ago is the never-to-be-forgotten crime of the century!

Are people claiming James O'Brien is anti semitic because Suella Braverman's husband is Jewish? That's a bit of a stretch even for people who think that believing Carl Beech 10 years ago is the never-to-be-forgotten crime of the century!
Just reporting on what the Twitterati are clutching their pearls about. It would be interesting to know how much influence the witterings and twitterings of contributors to online opinion outlets have on the so-called 'silent majority'. I'd guess not much but it's amusing to read.

Reactions: 2
I think it's because he is subtly conflating the 'accomodation' on offer in Rwanda to the concentration camps in Nazi Germany. It's all a load of purile bollocks on both sides if you ask me. Honestly, the public deserve a higher level of discourse in mainstream media.

Did anyone hear the police commisioner on with Nick? Can't say that he filled me with a great sense of confidence.

Did anyone hear the police commisioner on with Nick? Can't say that he filled me with a great sense of confidence.
As nick says he rejected the institutional findings of the report, just as their predecessor did a few decades ago with the last one 🤦‍♀️
---
Nick Abbot was in good form over the weekend ... he's genuinely happier talking about potatoes than he is politics.
I'm not sure why he gets into politics at the weekend. He obviously doesn't enjoy getting all wound up. Nick knows do avoid the guardian and their constant misery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I think it's because he is subtly conflating the 'accomodation' on offer in Rwanda to the concentration camps in Nazi Germany. It's all a load of purile bollocks on both sides if you ask me. Honestly, the public deserve a higher level of discourse in mainstream media.

If only James had had regular radio interviews with the Mayor of London giving him the chance to put him on the spot over London's policing.
---

• Haha
Has james o'brien TAKEN DOWN!! mike graham yet?
Maybe his legal team are still preparing a case?
Legendary LBC fan Colin from Windsor says james is going to get a NEW house and a NEW car from mike graham.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
James himself brings up stuff from years ago all the time and yes, the believing of Carl Beech should not be forgotten. It certainly won't be forgotten by Carl Beech's victims.

Reactions: 4
James himself brings up stuff from years ago all the time and yes, the believing of Carl Beech should not be forgotten. It certainly won't be forgotten by Carl Beech's victims.
Well said. The wife of Lord Bramall died with the lies spread by James O'Brien about her husband still ringing in her ears.

Reactions: 3
Well said. The wife of Lord Bramall died with the lies spread by James O'Brien about her husband still ringing in her ears.
I read that Lady Brittan is suing the Met. Police for not investigating properly and causing her husband, who was dying of cancer, so much distress.

...When Andrea Leadsom was on Newsnight with Pascal Lamy, head of the WTO (2016), for example. 🤪 That's the 'feminist' O'Brien lest we forget.
Surely you can call a stupid person stupid without being accused of being anti feminist.

Surely you can call a stupid person stupid without being accused of being anti feminist.
I don't think Andrea is 'thick as mince' ... that's all. Or if I did think that I wouldn't keep going on about it on national commercial radio. Seems unnecessarily unpleasant from someone who claims to be a feminist etc. etc. Look I don't really give a duck but James just seems so two-faced.

• Haha
The Met don't seem to be having much luck do they... :cautious:
That's a bit of an understatement. :ROFLMAO:

Cressida Dick must have been sitting on her backside twiddling her thumbs the whole time she was in charge. Mark Rowley seems to have inherited a proper sh!t show.

Maybe if they spent more time keeping an eye on what their officers are up to and less time worrying about getting rainbows on patrol cars they wouldn't be in such a mess.

Reactions: 4
Caught a bit of Richard Spurr this morning. He should listen to his callers propery as he really makes a fool of himself. Posted a few weeks ago when he didn't hear a lady mention at the start of the call her partner had died and he embarrased himself when he asked her if she was crying tears of joy. :eek:

This morning he was talking about the divorce. Man from Stirling called to say him and his wife separated (caller did say they were not divorced) a few years ago and are now on the best of terms. Spurr then went on to ask the caller about how the cost of the divorce affected him. The caller once again mentioned he was not divorced but separated. Caller carried on with his story then Spurr asked him how long has he been divorced 🙈 Maybe he was struggling with the central Scotland accent. :ROFLMAO:

Call James with that view ... I need a laugh. :ROFLMAO: 🍿
I would. Quite happily.

OT but this is an example of what I mean. Last July we had a vehicle stolen from our drive at 4am. Group of 3 men using angle grinders to get through chains. One holding the front door shut so we couldn't get out. We phoned 999 as it was happening. An hour later after non attendance of police we phoned them to say don't bother. The vehicle was long gone. Police said they'd send someone at 9am to report it. By 1pm we again told them not to bother and did it ourselves on line. No contact from police for over a week.

What really wound me up though was that day the force was busy posting pictures of 3 of their officers attending a a very small, local Pride event. 3. Maybe it would have been better if at least two of them had been out reporting and dealing with crime.

When we tweeted a local Superintendent who had a load of rainbow flags and pronouns in her bio and said she should concentrate her limited resources on crime she blocked me. 🤷‍♀️

I'm all for diversity and community involvement but when resources are so limited and stretched maybe stick to the main job you're there for.

Rant over ... back to LBC 🤪

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Caller kevin claimed to be part of a Think Tank and that Nick should get out of the studio more to see how loved Boris Johnson is.
Nick Abbot told him he definitely thinks in a tank 😂
*goodbye kevin*

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.