LBC Chit Chat #8 Steve Allen has left the building

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread to carry on chit chatting about LBC.

Picking up were we left off ...

James O'Brien can be (and often is) smug, arrogant and condescending. He can also be childish and confrontational.

However he has consistently been one of the few voices to accurately illustrate the absurdity of Brexit and to point out the lies and the liars that led to it.
He has become so tedious with that though. He manages to shoe horn it into just about every conversation. It's not that he's wrong, it's just boring from a listener point of view.

I was listening to him today talking about the nitrous oxide thing and dismissing a woman caller saying that it's just youths hanging around streets like they always have. Pretty sure if it was his daughters hanging around the streets doing nitrous oxide he wouldn't be so blasé about it. That's were he lets himself down and shows his ignorance. He needs to come to some of the shopping parades by me were the groups hang around on their bikes and leaving canisters on the floor. It's very intimidating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
New thread to carry on chit chatting about LBC.

Picking up were we left off ...

He has become so tedious with that though. He manages to shoe horn it into just about every conversation. It's not that he's wrong, it's just boring from a listener point of view.

I was listening to him today talking about the nitrous oxide thing and dismissing a woman caller saying that it's just youths hanging around streets like they always have. Pretty sure if it was his daughters hanging around the streets doing nitrous oxide he wouldn't be so blasé about it. That's were he lets himself down and shows his ignorance. He needs to come to some of the shopping parades by me were the groups hang around on their bikes and leaving canisters on the floor. It's very intimidating.
In the year 2033 James will still be banging on about Brexit & Farridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
In the year 2033 James will still be banging on about Brexit & Farridge.
And the year 2043 although by then the microphone will be disconnected and the drugs he loves to boast about will be replaced by one to help with bladder weakness and incontinence.

Reactions: 2
"this idiot presenter"

Finally James and I agree.

Anyway time to move on but let me leave you with something James is unlikely to blame on Brexit

London beats New York to be crowned best city for female entrepreneurs ⁦
@SadiqKhan
⁩ calls it “fantastic news”

Reactions: 1
Just catching up with Nick Abbot ... he had a caller Simon on last night who is on benefits and had been told to go on a fork lift training course. Only one snag, he's blind. :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
It'll be interesting to hear how Lammy deals with the Tyre Nichols murder in the US. His comments so far have managed to avoid mentioning the colour of the police officers. Perhaps he should just leave colour out of it. But then, of course, he wouldn't think it worth mentioning at all.

Sigh of relief from Lammy; Sunak sacks Zahawi. If he talks slowly he can spend three hours trashing the Tories.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to hear how Lammy deals with the Tyre Nichols murder in the US. His comments so far have managed to avoid mentioning the colour of the police officers. Perhaps he should just leave colour out of it. But then, of course, he wouldn't think it worth mentioning at all.

Sigh of relief from Lammy; Sunak sacks Zahawi. If he talks slowly he can spend three hours trashing the Tories.
Look I'm no fan of the Tories, but what are the Ofcom rules here? Lammy is a Labour MP with an unchallenged platform to slag them off (and get well paid for it). It's one thing O'Brien doing it ... he's a broadcaster ... but Lammy? Pompous prat.

Reactions: 3
Look I'm no fan of the Tories, but what are the Ofcom rules here? Lammy is a Labour MP with an unchallenged platform to slag them off (and get well paid for it). It's one thing O'Brien doing it ... he's a broadcaster ... but Lammy? Pompous prat.
As somebody who has 'forgotten' to declare his expenses on a couple of occasions, he should sympathise, not condemn. 😉

Reactions: 3
If I could I would say that he's hardly whiter than white as regards financial propriety but I can't so I'd better not..

James is slagging off Talk TV this morning.

That will teach them not to respond to the CV he sent them.....

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Gammon & pineapple, Doris from Ongar, Keith, Dominic Cummings, daily mail,
"help me out here"
The Overton Window effect
"I have an easy job"
"I went to journalism school"
How not be wrong (quick book plug)

"help me out here"
"I have an easy job"
:rolleyes: Desperate stuff. I tuned in for 5 mins, he sounded hyper ... it was unlistenable babble.

Reactions: 2
Has he mentioned Jacob R-M getting his own show on GB News?
Yes, I heard that mentioned during my first five minute listening window. 😬 "Those funny right-wing tv stations" I think the term was as he gnashed his teeth at not being asked-on as a guest.

"help me out here"
"I have an easy job"
Doris was a regular caller to Nick Abbot at one time. She hasn't been on for a long time. I fear the worse.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.