Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
That was during the Ramsay daughter thing I believe, nick didn't want to talk about the future of Steve at lbc but was full of admiration for his career.

I mean it's not mutually exclusive, someone can respect Steve for what he's done for so long, while also thinking his show isn't what should be on lbc in 2023. I imagine most in global towers have that view.
There will always be people out to get someone like Steve Allen who they regard as a dinosaur.

The Tilly Ramsey thing really pissed me off at the time because there is no way a 19 years old is going to be listening to Steve at 4am so someone obviously told her/her agents and then it became a massive thing of which she gained a lot of media attention and sympathy votes on Strictly. I'll assume the Sam Smith thing is the same if that is the reason why he's gone.

I am so sick of people walking on eggshells around Sam Smith. Most people don't misgender them on purpose. It also goes against every natural way of talking. Richard Madeley, Ranvir Singh, Alex Jones, Bob Geldof all fallen foul recently.

Demi Lovato was the same. She decided she was non binary only to decide a while later she was a female after all. Is it any wonder most people find it all ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
This is apparently the clip from hist last podcast where he said he wasn't interested in Sam Smith's pronouns. Thought it would be worse, can't see the issue with this.
View attachment 1987360
I think he speaks for most of us there. I'm sick to death of the majority feeling obliged to alter their way of saying and doing things in order to appease a shrill minority.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I am so sick of people walking on eggshells around Sam Smith. Most people don't misgender them on purpose. It also goes against every natural way of talking. Richard Madeley, Ranvir Singh, Alex Jones, Bob Geldof all fallen foul recently.
It's an attention-seeking device. I really don't know much about Sam Smith, I keep hearing the name and frankly, couldn't give a flying fuck about who he is. Tilly is a chubby little thing, if anything it's almost a term of endearment compared with calling her a 'lump' or 'chunky', plus I'd never even heard of her before Steve mentioned her. Tilly's father never bullied anyone of course did he. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 15

LadyAlys

When I first started listening to LBC, I was contracting in London and could listen through headphones all day. Even JOB was ok some of the time ( he was very good the day of the London bombing). It was Sandi Toksvig, David Preever, Henry Kelly. Then later Anna Rayburn, Daisy Sampson, (MacAndrew), Jenni Eclair, Petrie Hosken and Stig Abel. It was a good mix of personalities. Since Steve left, I’ve deleted the app and no longer listen. My Dad loved Steve. He’s terminally ill now and really misses Steve’s daft chat.🙁

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

Kiwi_Paddy

I haven't listened to daytime LBC all week and I think I feel much better because of it. Non stop misery really does have an effect on your mood. LBC is becoming (has become) and angry station for angry people.

I am lost without my daily dose of Steve. I'll tune into Nick A tonight. I only like his silly shows.
Same, I used to love listening to Steve before work as it would add a bit of lightness to your day. It is super depressing listening to JOB, he is one angry man so i stopped last year and feel so much better for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
LBC have been full of Shamima Begum today. The poor little innocent :rolleyes:

Does it not occur to the mouth pieces at LBC that perhaps, just perhaps, the Home Secretary and the Judge maybe privy to some information they aren't and there maybe very good reason to keep her out of the country? Just a thought .... 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 11

thewittowoo

There's zero variety now on LBC, 24 hrs of the same political doom & gloom awaits, even tonight Nick Abbot will be politics "Serious Nick on Sunday" :rolleyes:
Darren Adam had a bit of variety on his show, the tech hour, stuff from his female pal in USA etc.
Steve will be a big loss.

Bring back Lucy Beresford ! 😁

Couldn't beat an hour on anal sex as you were enjoying your saturday night roast.

• Haha

i10gal

I am so shocked Steve has departed so suddenly. OK, I moan about him now and again but deep down I probably do enjoy listening to him most of the time. I cannot believe he couldn't even announce his departure then continue until his contract ends. He only spoke a couple of weeks ago of his meeting with the boss to discuss his contract and mentioned how good his listening figures were.

Very very sinister, just last Friday no mention of anything on his show, no appearance on Monday and all this week and now this. :confused: After 44 years broadcasting on LBC surely he deserves a much better send off.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Call James with that view ... I need a laugh. :ROFLMAO: 🍿
I would. Quite happily.

OT but this is an example of what I mean. Last July we had a vehicle stolen from our drive at 4am. Group of 3 men using angle grinders to get through chains. One holding the front door shut so we couldn't get out. We phoned 999 as it was happening. An hour later after non attendance of police we phoned them to say don't bother. The vehicle was long gone. Police said they'd send someone at 9am to report it. By 1pm we again told them not to bother and did it ourselves on line. No contact from police for over a week.

What really wound me up though was that day the force was busy posting pictures of 3 of their officers attending a a very small, local Pride event. 3. Maybe it would have been better if at least two of them had been out reporting and dealing with crime.

When we tweeted a local Superintendent who had a load of rainbow flags and pronouns in her bio and said she should concentrate her limited resources on crime she blocked me. 🤷‍♀️

I'm all for diversity and community involvement but when resources are so limited and stretched maybe stick to the main job you're there for.

Rant over ... back to LBC 🤪

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I wouldn't normally recommend venturing on to Digital Spy (👺) but the Steve Allen thread has some entertaining stuff from a new poster who is in touch with one of the shopkeepers in Twickenham. Apparently the shops are flooded with hordes of fans looking for Steve! Start at post 9976. 😂

• Haha

karma4klattie

VIP Member
Same, especially how he covered Christmas mornings 💔 he helped a lot of people.

Totally agree.

Did anyone listen to this show?

Sam Smith is a bloody troublemaker. If he's the reason for Steve's departure......................................

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I caught Charlotte Lynch blathering on about her arrest again today ... I swear it's the best thing that ever happened to her career wise!!

The way she was going on you'd thing she was rounded up and thrown in a Gulag, not been arrested by a jobsworth in Hertfordshire.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
@IainDale
·41m
An @LBC legend and a giant of a broadcaster. He’s been a constant source of support and advice to this novice broadcaster over the years and I shall kiss his cheery face in the newsroom. Good luck Steve in whatever you do next.

SupermarketSweep

Omg i've just heard the news. I've been listening to steve for 16 years - shocked! If it's over Sam Smith...well....surely it can't be! That's just ridiculous.

• Sick
  • Sad

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I haven't listened to daytime LBC all week and I think I feel much better because of it. Non stop misery really does have an effect on your mood. LBC is becoming (has become) and angry station for angry people.

I am lost without my daily dose of Steve. I'll tune into Nick A tonight. I only like his silly shows.

• Heart