LBC Chit Chat #8 Steve Allen has left the building

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this. The only time he treats a view that he doesn't agree with respectfully is when it's an expert that's been invited on LBC. Callers that don't fit his narrow viewpoint aren't given the same courtesy. Fair enough if it's a loon otherwise at least give them a chance.

Not how LBC rolls these days. There's no real 'conversation' anywhere.

Reactions: 3
Not how LBC rolls these days. There's no real 'conversation' anywhere.
Lots of shouty monologues from ego-maniacs with thin-skins. It is getting worse. It's so bizarre how some politicians want to be broadcasters and some broadcasters clearly want to be politicians ... be nice to have some 'normal' people in both fields. Although I wouldn't describe Steve Allen as 'normal' 🤪 at least he did have the types of conversations we all have, without the ranting and raving, ie: what's your favourite biscuit? :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is a good hour with o'brain, living with a narcissist, some very good calls.

Last edited:
This is a good hour with o'brain, living with a narcissist, some very good calls.
Yeah, times like this it becomes obvious there is a need for want of a better word, an 'agony aunt'. I used to listen to Anna Raeburn back in the day when she had a lunchtime slot and it was the best radio.

Reactions: 7
Yeah, times like this it becomes obvious there is a need for want of a better word, an 'agony aunt'. I used to listen to Anna Raeburn back in the day when she had a lunchtime slot and it was the best radio.
Yes, she was very good.

Reactions: 4
Listeners need far more interesting topics like that on LBC, I switched off at twelve, couldn't be bothered with mystery hour.
Opted for Jeremy Vine :rolleyes:

• Wow
I don't really see the point of Mystery Hour.

Today's show was good up to 12.

Reactions: 1
I switched off at twelve, couldn't be bothered with mystery hour.
A few years ago I had to do a tube journey once a week to Holborn. The journey time there and back gave me an opportunity to listen to MH. I sometimes found it very interesting and informative. I haven't listened for ages now.

If I want to listen to a podcast it is 'For the Many' with Iain Dale and Jacqui Smith.

When I first started listening to LBC, I was contracting in London and could listen through headphones all day. Even JOB was ok some of the time ( he was very good the day of the London bombing). It was Sandi Toksvig, David Preever, Henry Kelly. Then later Anna Rayburn, Daisy Sampson, (MacAndrew), Jenni Eclair, Petrie Hosken and Stig Abel. It was a good mix of personalities. Since Steve left, I’ve deleted the app and no longer listen. My Dad loved Steve. He’s terminally ill now and really misses Steve’s daft chat.🙁

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
From Eddie Izzard to ULEZ and a couple of angry callers, a surreal ending to Ferrari's week
Bordeaux Town Hall has been set ablaze too

"i do not want to hear from people whose views never change"

An interesting tactic from a man whose views never change......

• Haha
"I don't want this phone-in to turn into a sectarian slanging-match". First call ...Pro-independence scottish lady slagging off the Tories. :rolleyes: Of course ... nothing was said. Geezus. ps. What were the 'extraordinary scenes' on Question Time? Did Fiona Bruce kick off (or better still strip off) ?? :ROFLMAO:🥰

"I don't want this phone-in to turn into a sectarian slanging-match". First call ...Pro-independence scottish lady slagging off the Tories. :rolleyes: Of course ... nothing was said. Geezus. ps. What were the 'extraordinary scenes' on Question Time? Did Fiona Bruce kick off (or better still strip off) ?? :ROFLMAO:🥰
I assume it was this ....

I tuned into last night to mid week Nick Abbot and he was discussing the menopause. That's a sentence I never thought I'd type. I'll bet the house it wasn't his choice. :ROFLMAO:

"i do not want to hear from people whose views never change"

An interesting tactic from a man whose views never change......
That's not true at all. James used to claim that the Tories were corrupt and incompetent. Now he claims they're incompetent and corrupt.

• Haha
I assume it was this ....

I tuned into last night to mid week Nick Abbot and he was discussing the menopause. That's a sentence I never thought I'd type. I'll bet the house it wasn't his choice. :ROFLMAO:
We will know there has been a change of LBC policy if James returns to his previous obsession about breastfeeding.....

We will know there has been a change of LBC policy if James returns to his previous obsession about breastfeeding.....

That's why it was so odd to hear Nick Abbot talking about the menopause ... James I could see being in his element. :ROFLMAO:

Ha, ha. Just seen that Mark Littlewood, one of the IEA people who wind up O'Brien so much is being made a Lord in Liz Truss's resignation honours list

Top, top trolling

Ha, ha. Just seen that Mark Littlewood, one of the IEA people who wind up O'Brien so much is being made a Lord in Liz Truss's resignation honours list

Top, top trolling
Littlewood was one of the geniuses behind "Trussonomics" and Kwasi Karteng's mini budget which blew a £30,000,000,000 hole in the UK economy, knocked thousands of pounds off the value of people's pensions and increased the cost of everybody's mortgage.

But as long as James O'Brien is upset, that's the main thing. 🤔🤪🤡

"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.