LBC Chit Chat #8 Steve Allen has left the building

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They need to get someone fun to do the overnight slot (and weekends quite frankly). Nick abbot is apparently covering it next week.

Steve was just about the only thing still making me tune into lbc. Nick F has his moments now and again but it's very much take it or leave it these days.

Lbc was my number one speach radio, now it's down to number 4 and I rarely go thst far down the list.

If I wanted misery and gloom I'd read the guardian.

I'm with @no-no ... what else are you listening to?

Anyone tried Times Radio?

Reactions: 1
There's barely any pretence at balance on LBC these days. Top of my head their recent recruitments

Lammy
Devon
Myska
Marr
Kentish
Goodall
Maitlis
Sopel

All clearly tacking left, some to the extremes. I've no doubt when Ferrari gives up, they'll slot someone from that wing into the slot.

Thoughts and prayers with the obsessives elsewhere.
---
O'Brien turned up on the Media Show on Radio 4 and tried to make it all about himself by interrogating one of the other guests and ended up with him sneering 'I always insist that people back up their opinions with evidence'

Except you didn't when it comes to someone subsequently convicted as a paedophile, a fantasist and a liar.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
The Boris/Privileges Committee denouement next week should be fun..

Tomorrow will be one to avoid, I think. Budget plus train strike woes.
Plus with problems abounding in European banks James will be desperate for diversions.

Expect plenty of name calling....

There's barely any pretence at balance on LBC these days. Top of my head their recent recruitments

Lammy
Devon
Myska
Marr
Kentish
Goodall
Maitlis
Sopel

All clearly tacking left, some to the extremes. I've no doubt when Ferrari gives up, they'll slot someone from that wing into the slot.

Thoughts and prayers with the obsessives elsewhere.
---
O'Brien turned up on the Media Show on Radio 4 and tried to make it all about himself by interrogating one of the other guests and ended up with him sneering 'I always insist that people back up their opinions with evidence'

Except you didn't when it comes to someone subsequently convicted as a paedophile, a fantasist and a liar.

Apart from Marr occasionally, I don't listen to any of those named above.

---

Was it a comedy programme? Surely nobody invited O'Brien onto a programme about impartiality.

After all even BBC Newsnight gave him the boot because he is so obviously biased....

Was it a comedy programme? Surely nobody invited O'Brien onto a programme about impartiality.

After all even BBC Newsnight gave him the boot because he is so obviously biased....
Well ... I think there are nauances, everyone is biased in someway, but if you're a deeply unpleasant bleep you're more likely to get the heave-ho if an opportunity arises, know what I mean? :cautious:

Many of the Beeb's regular radio and TV journalists were on strike yesterday in protest over the decision to axe BBC local radio. Perhaps they were desperate.

Same for me. What are your top 3? I liked putting LBC on to nod off to, I could just about tolerate Ian Payne chatting rubbish and wake up to Steve but I don’t bother with it now. Daytimes are a wasteland.
I'm listening to talk radio, radio 4, GB news radio and sometimes times radio.

At least on those stations the programming doesn't merge all into one.

Ex lbc Head girl bev turner and Tory boy Peirce have a show on GB news to compete with Jobbie. They don't bounce off each other very well and it's often cumbersome, won't last long but I keep listening to the mess of it.

I'm most likely to listen back to talk's Vanessa feltz in place of Steve. Way too topical for a replacement, but at least it's a presenter who doesn't merge into the lbc generic.

Times radio is good for book recommendations.

Reactions: 3
Ex lbc Head girl bev turner and Tory boy Peirce have a show on GB news to compete with Jobbie. They don't bounce off each other very well and it's often cumbersome, won't last long but I keep listening to the mess of it.
World Service has some interesting stuff. Good to snooze to also because there are no loud irritating adverts.

Andrew Pierce is actually more despicable than James on the personality front :eek: I know that's hard to beleive.

Plus with problems abounding in European banks James will be desperate for diversions.

Expect plenty of name calling....
Sadly for him tomatoes seem to be back on the shelves along with peppers and cucumbers..

The grisly Mick Lynch continues to parade his ugly mug for the dwindling cameras.. J will no doubt be eulogising him as usual

Reactions: 2
Lot's of strike action in Germany ... lot's of football crowd trouble involving Germans too. I wonder if that'll get a mention? Let us know.

Honestly though, I know London's banking sector has a bad (or good depending on your point of view) reputation for laundering money, but who here doesn't think that's all Switzerland actually does! A giant money laundering washing machine for anyone and everyone, with some added right-wing tendencies to boot. Strange country ... quite sinister imo. I mean, cookoo clocks? Weird.

Reactions: 3
Dawood & Tanner celebrate their 30th Anniversary this week!!!!
Pop along & join in the festivities with Charlie Mullins, Andrew Pierce and other satisfied clients!! (tba)
charlie-mullins-2.jpg

ccelebritiesfoto15200640-0-image-a-90_1561408280863.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Regarding banking ... James will no doubt bring up that time on Newsnight when he was asked to interview Pascal Lamy of the WTO and Andrea Leadsom. He's never gotten over it. Never been able to move past it. It lingers over him like a cloud. It's quite hilarious ... (and scary).

James was fighting off a cold today so not running on all cylinders ... stuck to his version of Monty Python with 'what has the budget ever done for you' and getting excited about some uranium that has gone missing. This was followed by Mystery Hour. All pretty dull.

Hopefully he'll be laying into Dominic Raab tomorrow providing he's not thwarted by his lurgy.

Workplace bullying. He can't comment on the allegations whilst they are being investigated because it would be "improper". Plenty of quotes from sources now being published in the media.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.