LBC Chit Chat #8 Steve Allen has left the building

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't that similar to (but not as bad as!) defending Jimmy Savile because he did a lot of charity work?

The late Mrs Johnson (Boris' mum) claimed that there was ongoing physical and mental abuse throughout her marriage.

"He hit me many times, over many years"
There were also allegations of sexual assault from a female MP. He's not a nice man.

Reactions: 4
Only listened to LBC for the past 20 minutes or so, James seems to be digging himself into holes, a constant daily cycle of doom, maniacal giggling at crap jokes, obsessing over the Daily Mail at every turn.
Very unhealthy
All that is missing for a pretty full James Bingo card is an attack on a successful woman.

Reactions: 1
Jimbo sounds deranged :oops:
I often wonder if he practices his painfully unfunny opening skits in front of a mirror before coming into the studio.

Last edited:
I often wonder if he practices his opening skits in front of a mirror before coming into the studio.
Yeah ... seems very unhappy no one is slagging-off the various striking unions. I think that says more about him than anything else. It's almost as if he LIKES it when everyone is at each others throats. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
What a strange hour, only 3 calls, with a token 4th call squeezed in before the hour.
WE NEED MORE HATE!!!

Last edited:
I often wonder if he practices his painfully unfunny opening skits in front of a mirror before coming into the studio.
I feel sorry for the production staff who presumably have to laugh at his unfunny nonsense

• Sick
  • Haha
I feel sorry for the production staff who presumably have to laugh at his unfunny nonsense
It must be difficult but at least they can console themselves with a paycheck at the end of the week.

I feel more sorry for the people who hate James O'Brien yet listen to him obsessively (and don't get paid a penny for the torture they put themselves through) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It must be difficult but at least they can console themselves with a paycheck at the end of the week.

I feel more sorry for the people who hate James O'Brien yet listen to him obsessively (and don't get paid a penny for the torture they put themselves through) ;)
Just like the ones who hate but listen to Ferrari every morning without fail.

It's a strange world.

Reactions: 5
The morbid compulsion to listen to stuff which is so bad...but you just can't resist the torture!

• Haha
Just like the ones who hate but listen to Ferrari every morning without fail.

It's a strange world.
I don't much like Ferrari but I don't hate him either. I listen because there's a good spread of news stories and a variety of different voices. With James O'Brien you know you're going to get the same stuff for the whole hour. Why put yourself through it if you don't like it?

I don't much like Ferrari but I don't hate him either. I listen because there's a good spread of news stories and a variety of different voices. With James O'Brien you know you're going to get the same stuff for the whole hour. Why put yourself through it if you don't like it?
I absolutely agree with you. I know within the first 5 minutes whether it's a JOB kind of day.

The Boris/Privileges Committee denouement next week should be fun..

Tomorrow will be one to avoid, I think. Budget plus train strike woes.

Reactions: 1
They need to get someone fun to do the overnight slot (and weekends quite frankly). Nick abbot is apparently covering it next week.

Steve was just about the only thing still making me tune into lbc. Nick F has his moments now and again but it's very much take it or leave it these days.

Lbc was my number one speach radio, now it's down to number 4 and I rarely go thst far down the list.

If I wanted misery and gloom I'd read the guardian.

They need to get someone fun to do the overnight slot (and weekends quite frankly). Nick abbot is apparently covering it next week.
At least Nick A has a bit more about him than Ben Kentish who is on this week. Now there is someone who should be nowhere near late/night radio.

At least Nick A has a bit more about him than Ben Kentish who is on this week. Now there is someone who should be nowhere near late/night radio.
I'd rather chat to chatgpt than Ben. I think nick knew how awful Ben K would be, so used him doing it for a week to push up his rate.

• Haha

Steve was just about the only thing still making me tune into lbc. Nick F has his moments now and again but it's very much take it or leave it these days.

Lbc was my number one speach radio, now it's down to number 4 and I rarely go thst far down the list.

If I wanted misery and gloom I'd read the guardian.
Same for me. What are your top 3? I liked putting LBC on to nod off to, I could just about tolerate Ian Payne chatting rubbish and wake up to Steve but I don’t bother with it now. Daytimes are a wasteland.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.