LBC Chit Chat #8 Steve Allen has left the building

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has James ever referred to Rachel Johnson on his show?
How do you mean? And why do you ask?

James, being the coward he is, usually says something along the lines of: "I don't like to talk about other presenters on the station".

Reactions: 2

James, being the coward he is, usually says something along the lines of: "I don't like to talk about other presenters on the station".
He'd like too but has to wait until they leave.

James was slipping into a bit of 'what's your favourite TV theme tune?'today. Then he kept saying 'we're not that kind of station'. He also said that people who have finished nights don't want to listen to that they want to listen to what's been going on and proper catch up.

100% wrong James. I used to work nights and that's how I, and many of my colleagues, discovered Steve Allen. Last thing I wanted was a discussion of assisted dying or alcoholism at 5am.
I'm afraid you're an old lbc listener, as am I.

Jobbie is right that Lbc thesedays is all about the presenters merging into one and whenever you turn it on you'll get the same predictable topics with little variation between the slots.

Lucy and her lube tips are no longer welcome.

Reactions: 3

I just wondered about RJ in view of his apparent hatred of Boris and all things/people associated with him. I suppose she's kept well away from the weekday schedule though. It would be good if she phoned in..She could take him on and challenge his faux superiority, I feel.

Reactions: 1
I just wondered about RJ in view of his apparent hatred of Boris and all things/people associated with him. I suppose she's kept well away from the weekday schedule though. It would be good if she phoned in..She could take him on and challenge his faux superiority, I feel.
I wonder if he'll be lambasting Fiona Bruce this morning. Given his grudge against successful women, and Nick F. sticking up for her, it's not looking good.

I wonder if he'll be lambasting Fiona Bruce this morning. Given his grudge against successful women, and Nick F. sticking up for her, it's not looking good.
Fiona could have handled the situation much better. Must have had a brain-fart. I don't think O'Brien will have a go t Fiona, no way. Let us know if you listen in. Hopefully he'll lay into Stanley instead ... that's always good fun.

The last few days coverage would have been very different if Gary Lineker had been a woman.

James's thinking. Successful woman means "Attack! Attack! Attack!"

The last few days coverage would have been very different if Gary Lineker had been a woman.

James's thinking. Successful woman means "Attack! Attack! Attack!"
James O'Brien's attacks are based on politics, not gender.

Fiona could have handled the situation much better. Must have had a brain-fart. I don't think O'Brien will have a go t Fiona, no way. Let us know if you listen in. Hopefully he'll lay into Stanley instead ... that's always good fun.
He's still gunning for Suella Braverman.

I'm no apologist for SJ but, to be fair, he has done a great deal of good work promoting conservation and the welfare of animals, with medals and awards from several organisations. Alleged wife beating aside, he's probably due for some sort of recognition.

• Wow
Only listened to LBC for the past 20 minutes or so, James seems to be digging himself into holes, a constant daily cycle of doom, maniacal giggling at crap jokes, obsessing over the Daily Mail at every turn.
Very unhealthy

• Haha
Only listened to LBC for the past 20 minutes or so, James seems to be digging himself into holes, a constant daily cycle of doom, maniacal giggling at crap jokes, obsessing over the Daily Mail at every turn.
Very unhealthy
The O'Brien Doom Loop.

• Haha
Essentially its culture wars and beating the tories as usual. Booooooorrrrriiinnnng.

Reactions: 3
He's still gunning for Suella Braverman.

I'm no apologist for SJ but, to be fair, he has done a great deal of good work promoting conservation and the welfare of animals, with medals and awards from several organisations. Alleged wife beating aside, he's probably due for some sort of recognition.
Isn't that similar to (but not as bad as!) defending Jimmy Savile because he did a lot of charity work?

The late Mrs Johnson (Boris' mum) claimed that there was ongoing physical and mental abuse throughout her marriage.

"He hit me many times, over many years"

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.