LBC Chit Chat #8 Steve Allen has left the building

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely agree and I believe the person should have been challenged but not in that way.
You're right. James did not handle the call well, particularly as he has the power to mute the caller. It turned into a playground shouting match.

Reactions: 3
You're right. James did not handle the call well, particularly as he has the power to mute the caller. It turned into a playground shouting match.
I'm a big radio listener, fairly new to LBC, but I'm noticing it happening more and more on these types of shows. Everything is so polarised and divisive.
Can we really not find a space for all opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
No. :ROFLMAO: Iain Dale is alright ...
Don't think I know him 😂
---
Did you see Jaquie (or however she spells her name) Smith on the BBC2 poilitics show? She was promoting some organisation she's set up to promote respect and being nice in politics ... only then about 30 secs later to talk over Isabel Oakshot and tell her to 'shut up' in a really condescending way? She looked bloody ridiculous ... as do a lot of these righteous types to like to tell everyone how to live their lives and how to act. Ugh.
I didn't. I would be liberal in my views but I don't like the sanctimonious element.

Last edited:
Talking of taking legal advice and libel action is such a Jack Monroe thing. She won one case where Katy Hopkins got her confused with someone else and refused to appologise and now chucks out her 100% success rate and how she has a team of lawyers all the time :LOL:

I think Mike and the Murdoch corp would love it to be pursued.
---
I agree Carol, but getting litigious should mean to actually follow through. Not just bait it. 🍿 even though I doubt anything will come of it.

1678711891337.png

These people are such geniuses for showing beyond all doubt that Jobbie has been substantially and materially impacted by a tweet :rolleyes:
1678712142911.png

• Haha
I did laugh at Mike grahams response, something like how do work that out genius 😂

Reactions: 2
I hate Myska almost as much as O'Brien. A sanctimonious, thin skinned liberal shill who seems stunned that people actually have different views.Not heard a single pearl of originality since she started
I don't know what LBC saw in her. Marr & Maitlis, sure. They're big names to poach. Same for Eddie Mair and Shelagh a few years back. But I'd never heard of Myska and predictably, the moment she leaves the BBC, she goes hardcore left.

These people are such geniuses for showing beyond all doubt that Jobbie has been substantially and materially impacted by a tweet :rolleyes:
Between going to the gym, shagging multiple different men, and visiting the VD clinic I'm surprised Vorders has time to waste on Jobby . :rolleyes:

Just waiting for Rachel Riley to get involved next ... :cautious:

Reactions: 2
New to the thread. But honestly I'm not sure what I just tuned into to. Quite like James but he's just shouted over a caller and faded him out. What's the word ....hypocrisy?
Firstly welcome.
As to James that is normal behaviour. It is why some years back the TV series O'Brien only lasted 2 weeks.

He was routed by the chavs of daytime ITV because he was unable to play his trump card of the fader button.
---
I am amazed O'bingo was able to squeeze his overinflated head through the studio door this morning.
He's subtly trying to tell the listener that he was too good for the BBC, walking out on Newsnight :rolleyes:
Slimy weasel
What about ITV as he failed there too?

Reactions: 5
Steve is admiring tomatoes. Comments are turned off

Screenshot_20230313_140421_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
New to the thread. But honestly I'm not sure what I just tuned into to. Quite like James but he's just shouted over a caller and faded him out. What's the word ....hypocrisy?
That was a rubbish call. The guy was ended up just ranting and James was goading him. He gave him far too much air time IMO because it was going nowhere. James seemed very pleased with himself though.

Steve is admiring tomatoes. Comments are turned off

View attachment 2025376
It's strange not listening to Steve every day. He needs to do some kind of podcast. He must have mates who can set something up for him. He needs to start a YouTube channel and upload videos of his daily routines or go through the newspapers. I reckon he would get good viewership.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
James was slipping into a bit of 'what's your favourite TV theme tune?'today. Then he kept saying 'we're not that kind of station'. He also said that people who have finished nights don't want to listen to that they want to listen to what's been going on and proper catch up.

100% wrong James. I used to work nights and that's how I, and many of my colleagues, discovered Steve Allen. Last thing I wanted was a discussion of assisted dying or alcoholism at 5am.

Reactions: 6
These two photos (side by side) on the LBC website. Now read the caption.

1678732075314.png

Therese Coffey (left) and a cat (right) after DEFRA laid plans to make cat microchipping mandatory before Parliament.

Now, admit it. Would you have know which was which without the caption ?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
James was slipping into a bit of 'what's your favourite TV theme tune?'today. Then he kept saying 'we're not that kind of station'. He also said that people who have finished nights don't want to listen to that they want to listen to what's been going on and proper catch up.

100% wrong James. I used to work nights and that's how I, and many of my colleagues, discovered Steve Allen. Last thing I wanted was a discussion of assisted dying or alcoholism
They used to sound quite appealing options at 10.15am in the days I listened to O'Brien

• Haha
100% wrong James. I used to work nights and that's how I, and many of my colleagues, discovered Steve Allen. Last thing I wanted was a discussion of assisted dying or alcoholism at 5am.
Steve will be sorely missed. He could easily do a 2hr podcast each day and it'd get quite a few listeners. Could convert one of his rooms into a mini studio in a day. Easy. Although I did get the impression he quite liked having a couple of nubile assistants to order about. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Yeah when people don't have a fair shot at airing their opinion and its just a show to spread his opinion it strays into propaganda territory. I've seen him doing that on tiktok taking snippets of callers and ridiculing them.
Hahahaha that's hilarious. Job is on TikTok.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.