LBC Chit Chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everything he does / says / tweets is so insufferably smug, absolutely nauseating when combined with “look how much I’ve suffered for the cause”. It’s that general air of total conviction that he’s always the smartest person in the room. Isn’t that one of the check boxes for narcissism?
He's saving us from ourselves don't you know ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
He's more like the Japanese soldiers who remained hidden in the jungle and refused to admit defeat after WW2.
1974, almost 30 years after the end of WWII, Hiro Onoda finally surrendered on an island in The Philippines.
Despite decades of leaflet drops, letters from family in Japan & Govt messages, Onoda refused to believe it was over, he only gave up after an order from his old Commanding Officer telling him to stand down.

Jimbo could well bang on into his old age for sure.
😁

Jimbo's voice sounds very high this morning, like he has a testicle trapped in the elastic of his y-fronts.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
New thread name: I have given this a lot of thought, and tossed over the consequences etc. I have come to conclusion that the new thread name should be
LBC Chit Chat #4a !!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
New thread name: I have given this a lot of thought, and tossed over the consequences etc. I have come to conclusion that the new thread name should be
LBC Chit Chat #4a !!!!
I don't know 🤔 that's a bit radical. Maybe we should play safe and go for #5:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
LBC Chit Chat #4a !!!!
Surely you can't forget what happened when 'someone' decided to takeover a thread and change the regular title and continuing format ;)

I don't know 🤔 that's a bit radical. Maybe we should play safe and go for #5:LOL:
I do worry about @The Big One, definitely seems to becoming quite radical in his/her dotage :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
James opened his show by talking to himself which was odd but then he returned to a more normal state and the name-calling began.

James opened his show by talking to himself which was odd but then he returned to a more normal state and the name-calling began.
Yeah but off air, in private, he calls himself names. That's the worrying thing and that's why he needs a therapist.

I suggest you put a watch on the palm of each hand. You will then have time on your hands (I'll get my coat !!).
I think this is Steve's problem, he has too much time on his hands. Yes, his working hours are very upside down and he also has medical conditions, but I know a person even older with similar conditions who still takes time help those more unfortunate than himself. He helps those in his community when and where he can, all on a voluntary basis. He has a far busier day than Steve has and doesn't even get paid for it. I wonder if Steve has ever considered doing the same instead of wasting time going shopping to buy crap he doesn't need, really wants or will ever use? Let alone wasting time watching shite old-time DVDs.

Last edited:
I wonder if Steve has ever considered doing the same instead of wasting time going shopping to buy crap he doesn't need, really wants or will ever use? Let alone wasting time watching shite old-time DVDs.
Steve's far to selfish for that. Comes across, at least to me, as a deeply unpleasant man. A person you have to 'play the game' to get along with, know what I mean? Ego-centric, superficial, materialistic. I mean, most of the traits you need to have to work in the broadcast media sector for so long quite frankly.

Steve's far to selfish for that. Comes across, at least to me, as a deeply unpleasant man. A person you have to 'play the game' to get along with, know what I mean? Ego-centric, superficial, materialistic. I mean, most of the traits you need to have to work in the broadcast media sector for so long quite frankly.
We will never know the real Steve, only what he says on-air. He seems to be very generous to his brother, godchildren and producers, but we, as listeners, don't need to hear about this, it should be done privately. I have always thought 'buys' friendships.

I don't agree with all your comments about him, but I do about him being very materialistic; so much money on the latest gimmicks, gadgets and tat (that he doesn't even know how to use properly!) but if that is what pleases him, who are we to pass judgement when it's his own money he is wasting spending?

Did anyone listen to nick Abbot last night? I'm assuming it was a couple of hours moaning about Boris Johnson since Zelensky was positive?

Seems like Matthew Wright is coming back next weekend after a 3 month break since the Christmas season. Guessing that he might take on Maajid's old slot, at least temporarily. Tons of other presenters have had to work the occasional overtime shift to cover his old slot in the last few months.

Next week we have Wes Streeting, Rachel Reeves, Sadiq Khan and David Lammy (2 days of him) in JOB's slot. Basically a rotating panel of Labour politicians.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Next week we have Wes Streeting, Rachel Reeves, Sadiq Khan and David Lammy (2 days of him) in JOB's slot. Basically a rotating panel of Labour politicians.
It's getting more and more like the US politics over here where Washington DC is viewed as Hollywood for ugly people.

I'd love to ring-up David 'mr pomposity' Lammy and ask him why he accepted 25k from Lord Mervyn Davies' wife last November. (Lord Davies is director of an investment firm founded by a Russian oligarch). Sadly, I very much doubt I'd get through to ask him.

Lammy really gives me the impression of a frustrated actor. One of the worst 'broadcasters' I've ever had the misfortune to hear. Real shame the Tories have scrapped the idea of MPs doing two jobs ... we may be stuck with Lammy for sometime to come.

Did anyone listen to nick Abbot last night? I'm assuming it was a couple of hours moaning about Boris Johnson since Zelensky was positive?
I only lasted for the first 30 minutes then turned him off. Sometimes he just sounds like a bitter old man.

He started off by asking if Boris had told Zelensky we got all our money from Russia. Then Nick moved onto the chaos he had faced getting into work because so many roads had been closed because of climate protestors. Not that he was upset with the climate protestors, it was all the police's fault.

I see Natasha Devon is at it as well. I bet she did ask about Ursula von her Leyen trip.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.