LBC Chit Chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only lasted for the first 30 minutes then turned him off. Sometimes he just sounds like a bitter old man.

He started off by asking if Boris had told Zelensky we got all our money from Russia. Then Nick moved onto the chaos he had faced getting into work because so many roads had been closed because of climate protestors. Not that he was upset with the climate protestors, it was all the police's fault.

I see Natasha Devon is at it as well. I bet she did ask about Ursula von her Leyen trip.

Natasha Devon seems to be a copycat James O'Brien

Reactions: 1
I only lasted for the first 30 minutes then turned him off. Sometimes he just sounds like a bitter old man.

He started off by asking if Boris had told Zelensky we got all our money from Russia. Then Nick moved onto the chaos he had faced getting into work because so many roads had been closed because of climate protestors. Not that he was upset with the climate protestors, it was all the police's fault.
I ended up podcasting it :LOL: . Nick was going on about BJ is the Kremlin's #1 employee and pretty much saying Zelensky was foolish for not realising that BJ is the enemy. Bizzare. The UK has been Ukraine's biggest friend and helper for several years now. The gov can do that while also cosying up with high net worth Russians, it's not mutually exclusive. But Nick knows better than one of the highest profile and most admired world leaders and the Met police :rolleyes:

Saying that I listened to 30 mins of Nick A on Sunday and I did pretty much agree with him on thin skinned naive Rishi Sunak.

Reactions: 2
The quality of calls this morning makes you wonder if the collective IQ of LBC listeners is dropping. There was a time when, even if you didn't agree with somebody's POV, at least it made interesting listening. Now it's just the same old same old; a progressively spiteful pile-on against the government in general and the PM in particular. A bit of balance wouldn't wouldn't come amiss.

I ended up podcasting it :LOL: . Nick was going on about BJ is the Kremlin's #1 employee and pretty much saying Zelensky was foolish for not realising that BJ is the enemy. Bizzare. The UK has been Ukraine's biggest friend and helper for several years now. The gov can do that while also cosying up with high net worth Russians, it's not mutually exclusive. But Nick knows better than one of the highest profile and most admired world leaders and the Met police :rolleyes:

Saying that I listened to 30 mins of Nick A on Sunday and I did pretty much agree with him on thin skinned naive Rishi Sunak.
Surely even Nick Abbot will have to take note of this in his favourite paper The Guardian?

"

Good morning.

Austria’s chancellor is to meet Vladimir Putin on Monday, the Russian president’s first face-to-face meeting with an EU leader since ordering the invasion of Ukraine, amid warnings of a fresh offensive and shelling in the east.

"

Austria is behaving very badly here.

The quality of calls this morning makes you wonder if the collective IQ of LBC listeners is dropping.
Surely who gets on air is down to the producer? Calm, rational, intelligent callers are surely put at the back of the queue (depending on who is presenting).

Surely who gets on air is down to the producer? Calm, rational, intelligent callers are surely put at the back of the queue (depending on who is presenting).
I suspect those that make it to air dependent on a number of factors.

1 Have they got enough callers to the programme?
2 If yes, then they can 'pick and choose' who they put to air
3 Are they coherient ?! If they are short of callers, anybody may get to air !

I suspect J O'B is confident enough to take 'all-comers' (as Nick F, Iain Dale would be).

Incidentally talking of Nick F, I just heard him say something to somebody about being the most stupid caller of the month. Did anybody hear what was said? I suppose Nick doesn't need to be reminded of the phrase 'how to win friends and influence people' !!!!

'Maajid Watch' is still a top priority for the casual LBC listener, along with the 'Tufton Street Cabal' who are controlling the UK population, the Buckinghamshire Branch of the LBC Monitoring Station never sleeps.
😁

• Haha
'Maajid Watch' is still a top priority for the casual LBC listener, along with the 'Tufton Street Cabal' who are controlling the UK population, the Buckinghamshire Branch of the LBC Monitoring Station never sleeps.
😁
Apparently that place in Thailand is very seedy .... 🤔

I quite enjoyed Wes Streeting today. Much better than Lammy. Turned Shelagh off when she started on the same boring topics.

• Heart
Apparently that place in Thailand is very seedy .... 🤔

I quite enjoyed Wes Streeting today. Much better than Lammy. Turned Shelagh off when she started on the same boring topics.
Wes Streeting was pretty even-handed, he told a caller off about slating Johnson for visiting Kiyv when it was ok to drool about Ursula EU visiting last week.
I thought he took on board the concerns of Labour voters who phoned in, some of whom were very critical of Wes' party.
I posted a few days ago that a bit of variety on LBC is good, I don't really care the presenters' affilliation as long as they hold my attention.
Yes, Bangla Road...the seediest street in SouthEast Asia, it's a magnet for certain types :sick:

😁
Are "Maajid Watch" and the "Tufton Street Cabal" like Platform 9 and 3/4 in the Harry Potter books?

Are "Maajid Watch" and the "Tufton Street Cabal" like Platform 9 and 3/4 in the Harry Potter books?
I had to google platform 9 and 3/4 harry potter, and I am still none the wiser as I have never seen or read anything Harry Potter whatsoever.
Maajid is a wizard, leaving on an express train from King's Cross ?? 😁

From Guido Fawkes:
This is a bit of a coup of LBC. Just five months ago, Streeting ruled himself out from such lucrative gigs, telling Times Radio he just didn’t have the time as an MP who treats the voters with enough respect to focus on the job:
“I think it is time to just ban MPs from having second jobs. I don’t know where people find the time, to be honest. I find being an MP is more than a full-time job, it is also an enormous privilege, and we ought to treat the voters with respect by focusing on that job.”

Iain Dale was bang out of order last night. Not sure what his problem was. A scottish bloke rang up, pretty eloquent, not ranting a raving. Made his point that he believed Boris going to Ukraine was a stunt etc. Ian called him an idiot, then something else that I missed. Really rude. Just because the bloke had a different view to Iain's doesn't make him an 'idiot' or give Dale licence to issue personal insults. Really low-level stuff from Iain, I must say I was quite taken-aback. I've heard Iain go off before, but usually it's when a real idiot rings up who can barely articulate a sentence or form a rational argument, this bloke wasn't like that.

From Guido Fawkes:
This is a bit of a coup of LBC. Just five months ago, Streeting ruled himself out from such lucrative gigs, telling Times Radio he just didn’t have the time as an MP who treats the voters with enough respect to focus on the job:
Perhaps someone could ring Rachel Reeves and ask if she thinks that MPs should have second jobs?

• Haha
Perhaps someone could ring Rachel Reeves and ask if she thinks that MPs should have second jobs?
Evidently not! Guido's having fun with LBC's choice of presenters!
Here she is on the Today programme saying that Labour’s proposals: “would ban pretty much all secondary activity other than being an MP, which is pretty much a full time job if you do it properly.”

Admittedly MPs are on their Easter break but surely they should be catching up with constituency business.

So LBC (or global) couldn't find any up coming presenters to have on radio? I do find it odd how they have MPs as presenters. Does any other speech radio station allow this?

So LBC (or global) couldn't find any up coming presenters to have on radio? I do find it odd how they have MPs as presenters. Does any other speech radio station allow this?
James O'Brien only wants MPs to replace him this week as he knows that they won't threaten (real or imagined) his job in any way. A lot of TV/Radio presenters know that if they have a day/week off they run the risk of opening the door to someone better than them. That's how James got in, covering for someone. That's how most people get in. But James is probably extra insecure as he seems like an insecure little man most of the time.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.