LBC Chit Chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lammy well and truly filled O'Brien's empty chair today. If he speaks to constituents the way he talks to callers I can't believe he ever got elected. HIs delivery is shocking. So dramatic. He'd be better on stage.

So, we don't believe the teacher and Dr who phoned in to disagree with him but we believe the teacher and nurse who did agree with him 🤔

I did feel for caller Ben who said he'd killed his mother. Very sad.

Reactions: 2
Lammy well and truly filled O'Brien's empty chair today. If he speaks to constituents the way he talks to callers I can't believe he ever got elected. HIs delivery is shocking. So dramatic. He'd be better on stage.
Oh the drama is so OTT it's ridiculous. He's a bleeping chancer, pure and simple. The thought of him getting anywhere near power chills me to the core.

Reactions: 1
Oh the drama is so OTT it's ridiculous. He's a bleeping chancer, pure and simple. The thought of him getting anywhere near power chills me to the core.
I used to be quite interested in politics but I honestly can't be bothered now. Most politicians are a waste of space. The only ones I have anytime for are no where near the top jobs.

There was an excellent caller to Shelagh who summed it up with 'we can vote for liars or biology deniers' which made Shelagh chuckle.

Reactions: 3
James O'Brien only wants MPs to replace him this week as he knows that they won't threaten (real or imagined) his job in any way. A lot of TV/Radio presenters know that if they have a day/week off they run the risk of opening the door to someone better than them. That's how James got in, covering for someone. That's how most people get in. But James is probably extra insecure as he seems like an insecure little man most of the time.
This exactly. Radio presenters often have it written into their contract who can cover for them / the power to veto cover because they're scared of their job going.

Then you have people like Nick Abbot who will go on that he hasn't had a holiday in 15 years (despite most of that he was only working 2 days a week) because he's too scared to let someone else cover. So would rather carry on presenting even if it means his shows get worse and worse.

This exactly. Radio presenters often have it written into their contract who can cover for them / the power to veto cover because they're scared of their job going.

Then you have people like Nick Abbot who will go on that he hasn't had a holiday in 15 years (despite most of that he was only working 2 days a week) because he's too scared to let someone else cover. So would rather carry on presenting even if it means his shows get worse and worse.
I think James got annoyed when he had Katie Hopkins or Farage cover for him once :ROFLMAO:

I see Lammy was trending on Twitter for the nonsense he was spouting on the BBC this evening about Churchill replacing Chamberlian days before WW2 :unsure: I wouldn't mind but it was discussed all day on LBC and his show and he still got it wrong.

I can understand not wanting someone to cover you that would totally alienate your audience (in JOB's case, that would rule out any right leaning presenter and previously the more unconventional types like Maajid) but to hand pick your holiday cover is a bit diva like IMO. Especially when it involves putting in MPs who are not regular employees on the station.

I can understand not wanting someone to cover you that would totally alienate your audience (in JOB's case, that would rule out any right leaning presenter and previously the more unconventional types like Maajid) but to hand pick your holiday cover is a bit diva like IMO. Especially when it involves putting in MPs who are not regular employees on the station.
It was a bizarre decision to have all Labour people covering.

Caller Geoffrey this morning defending Boris sounded like JRM trying to put on an accent :ROFLMAO:

I remember when Farage still worked for LBC, he was listed in the online schedule to be sitting in for Jobby, but eventually somebody else (can't recall who) took over instead. I reckon J O'B blew his top when he realised that somebody he hated would be occupying his chair.

I switched off but it seems that Lammy was on form today. He really is a nasty piece of work.

JOB is such a goady troll at times, I do wonder if he originally okayed the Hopkins cover thinking it would keep his job safe and wind people up? Although he did seem to suggest it was nothing to do with him and said a stupid idea afterwards.

I think James got annoyed when he had Katie Hopkins or Farage cover for him once :ROFLMAO:

I see Lammy was trending on Twitter for the nonsense he was spouting on the BBC this evening about Churchill replacing Chamberlian days before WW2 :unsure: I wouldn't mind but it was discussed all day on LBC and his show and he still got it wrong.
He got Eden and Asquith wrong too as the Lamster went 0/3 for accuracy

He got Eden and Asquith wrong too as the Lamster went 0/3 for accuracy
Lammy would be great as a fraudulent preacher on a religious tv channel. That's about it. I do think he missed his calling. Awful man. The kind of bloke just waiting and hoping to play the race card at the first opportunity.

Reactions: 3
Lammy would be great as a fraudulent preacher on a religious tv channel. That's about it. I do think he missed his calling. Awful man. The kind of bloke just waiting and hoping to play the race card at the first opportunity.
Didn't he also claim that Henry the 7th succeeded Henry the 8th?

• Haha
God he's such a frustrated luvvie. Why doesn't he just be true to himself and run away to join the circus or find himself a nice sailor. He's living a lie ... I'm convinced of it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.