LBC Chit Chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All things LBC related past and present :)

Here is where we left off:

Some folk are apoplectic about 'Teflon Steve'
All those calls they made to Ofcom 😁
The thing is most of those complaints will have come from people who have never heard of Steve or listened to his show. They just heard the clip and went go straight to OFCOM. I think people generally have the wrong idea what OFCOM are there for. I saw a lot of people complaining OFCOM took no action about Diversity and their BLM dance. OFCOM is not there to take off anything you don't like.

It is interesting that one of the reasons no action was taken is because 'it said it would not launch a formal investigation because the remarks were brief and listeners to Allen's show were used to him being 'provocative'. '

I have seen that reasoning before for complaints made about Steve and it's true. If you don't like it, turn it off. There are plenty of people who do like it. The radio and TV is not there just there for your enjoyment and to endorse your way of thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I would prefer Steve to lay off the naughty stuff and give the listener more Auntie Enid, I think he likes to annoy his trolls though.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I would prefer Steve to lay off the naughty stuff and give the listener more Auntie Enid, I think he likes to annoy his trolls though.
I agree. I don't think he can help himself.

Have they sorted out his freedom pass yet? 🤣

• Haha
So would I. I just find it more amusing listening to his quirky ways rather than the bitchy stuff. Obviously annoying the trolls is a favourite past time of his *slurp* 🍵

All things LBC related past and present :)

Here is where we left off:

The thing is most of those complaints will have come from people who have never heard of Steve or listened to his show. They just heard the clip and went go straight to OFCOM. I think people generally have the wrong idea what OFCOM are there for. I saw a lot of people complaining OFCOM took no action about Diversity and their BLM dance. OFCOM is not there to take off anything you don't like.

It is interesting that one of the reasons no action was taken is because 'it said it would not launch a formal investigation because the remarks were brief and listeners to Allen's show were used to him being 'provocative'. '

I have seen that reasoning before for complaints made about Steve and it's true. If you don't like it, turn it off. There are plenty of people who do like it. The radio and TV is not there just there for your enjoyment and to endorse your way of thinking.
I quite agree.
A lot of fuss about nothing.
The words he used are often used as an endearment. They were flippant & typical Steve - not extreme or malicious.
I wonder which one of the Ramsay family listens to Steve ???
Tilly is young and privileged. She will, sadly, receive much nastier comments, if she decides to follow in Daddy’s footsteps.

Reactions: 5
He tweeted a few days ago that it's been turned off. It seems ludicrous that he can't prove where he lives/
Surely they could check on council tax payments or voters register? I don't know who issues a freedom pass.

I had a similar problem at Costco a couple of years ago. I wanted a membership in my own name but all out utilities and banking etc are a all on line in in my husband's name. I had a letter from HMRC about tax and took that with and was told it wasn't acceptable and found myself saying 'it's good enough for her Majesty's government but not for Costco' :ROFLMAO:

It's getting harder to prove actually. My dad for instance doesn't have a passport and no longer has a driving licence. Quite a few oldies in that position I'm sure.

What is a freedom pass? Lol. I'm guessing it's age related.
It gives residents in London aged 66 and over free travel.

I heard James talking to Mina Smallman this morning talking about the murder of her two daughter and the policemen being convicted of sharing their pictures. What an amazing lady. James was very good and just let her speak.

Reactions: 4
James is going to be insufferable this morning.

Hes already started tweeting about Brexit.🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Boris spluttering his way through PMQ's .... What an imbecile. I hate him so much.

Sir Keir knocking this one out of the park. Just brought up TQ sitting on her own at Philip's funeral.

Boris may well have just lied to the House.

He looks absolutely grubby too
Boris is desperately hoping something will turn up. His problem is that any attempt to tighten Covid rules now will have people saying that his government did not follow them.

I've actually been glued to LBC today. Only just turned it off. So many really sad stories. How they will get people to comply with new restrictions is any ones guess.

I saw the Ant & Dec thing Sir Keir was referring to on IMAC last night. Very funny. 'Evening Prime minister ... For now'

Reactions: 2
I've actually been glued to LBC today. Only just turned it off. So many really sad stories. How they will get people to comply with new restrictions is any ones guess.

I saw the Ant & Dec thing Sir Keir was referring to on IMAC last night. Very funny. 'Evening Prime minister ... For now'
Ant and Dec were great.
JOB recalled PJ and Duncan this morning, had to wrack my brain there but yes Ant and Dec inhabiting another life time.
Heartbreaking stuff from callers, I was going to say hope the Government were listening and learning, not much chance though.

Reactions: 2
Boris spluttering his way through PMQ's .... What an imbecile. I hate him so much.

Sir Keir knocking this one out of the park. Just brought up TQ sitting on her own at Philip's funeral.
I don't know why politicians don't just put their hand up when they're caught out, before the whole thing is blown out of proportion. The voters would probably be won over as well as surprised by a rueful smile and "It's a fair cop, guv! I'm so sorry."
As for Starmer, the anti-Brexiter who spent three years trying to subvert the democratic will of the voters, who was surprised when he played the grieving queen card?
I've temporarily given up on LBC until they talk about something other than Covid and its various repercussions.

The cover up is always worse than the actual crime, though on this occasion I don't think putting his hands up and admitting it would help. It's the arrogance and contempt shown to the people of the UK that is the problem. Most people were trying to do their bit and they're having parties. :mad:

Thank God I didn't have anyone in hospital or ill during that time but I remember cancelling all our Christmas plans and I didn't attend my Aunt's funeral.

A day like today is when LBC comes into it's own. Nick, James and Shelagh all great today.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.