LBC Chit Chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What forum is that?
A few of us first 'met' on Digital Spy then found our way to Tattle. Very political over there. Not enough talk about Steve's underpants for my liking.

I'm not sure if we're allowed actually to mention other forums by name. Several of us here know which one because we've either been banned or walked away in disgust!
You can mention them (within reason obvs) but they don't like you posting links. Similar when it comes to discussing Mumsnet.

Reactions: 3
A few of us first 'met' on Digital Spy then found our way to Tattle. Very political over there. Not enough talk about Steve's underpants for my liking.

You can mention them (within reason obvs) but they don't like you posting links. Similar when it comes to discussing Mumsnet.
There must be a whole thread in the Tattle archives from when DS closed the General Discussion forum down. Wow, that was some read! :mad:😂:eek:

Reactions: 2
Aaah. I remember when that very first started. I posted a lot of content, then the 'owner' threw a hissy-fit about something and banned me. Some funny folk out there. :)

Reactions: 1
Bit of excitement over at LBC this morning.

Why would have this person on though when they have known to pull stunts like this?
As they are the same group who had someone tie himself to a goalpost when Everton were playing before the international break LBC cannot claim it was a surprise. I do not know what they think they are achieving? I was watching some football and like I would imagine nearly everyone watching was thinking what an idiot.

As they are the same group who had someone tie himself to a goalpost when Everton were playing before the international break LBC cannot claim it was a surprise. I do not know what they think they are achieving? I was watching some football and like I would imagine nearly everyone watching was thinking what an idiot.
I think they should have left him there and carried on playing.

• Haha
I am surprised that Andrew Castle's outrage at the so-called 'service industry' ie organisations that have a telephone answering service that says "your call is important to us ...." and "we are experiencing an unusual high level of demand ..". Airline terminals short of staff, tube and railway stations short of staff etc. He went on about it for about an hour.

I suppose those on the 'other side' who always knock him, perhaps agreed with him, but didin't want to mention it !

I am surprised that Andrew Castle's outrage at the so-called 'service industry'
Because he's an entitled prat? The majority of his 'outrage' over things is faux because he doesn't want to upset anyone he might run into. But on subjects like you mention he goes all in because he knows he's on safe ground. I can't tell you how much I can't stand him. The mid-atlantic accent, the Mr. Tennis persona. To me he's so incredibly dull and vanilla, he'd be good on QVC selling bedding, but that's about it.

James has opened by gratuitously insulting supply teachers. What an odd fellow.....

James has opened by gratuitously insulting supply teachers. What an odd fellow.....
He mocks people who slag-off 'the liberal elite who live in a metropolitan media bubble' because he knows he is that exact person. So out of bleeping touch he should be a tory politician.

Amusing piece in today's DT by Michael Deacon about LBC's eco-protester. I've transcribed rather than linked it because there's a paywall.
These eco nuts will come unstuck
They’re back. After taking the winter off, hardline climate protesters have returned to spread disruption and dismay across the land, blocking off roads and glueing their body parts to every available surface. For several days now they’ve been blockading oil depots up and down Britain. So on Sunday, the radio station LBC invited one protester into the studio, to interview him about his comrades’ latest stunts. This, however, proved to be a naive mistake.
Because, live on air, the protester glued his hand to the studio equipment.
Such behaviour may seem peculiar. Personally, though, I was more puzzled by LBC’s response. The station rang the police and asked them to remove the protester. Surely it would have made more sense not to bother. Just leave him indefinitely in the studio, stuck fast to the equipment. Presenters could then have run a competition, with listeners invited to predict how long the protester could hold out before desperately trying to unglue his hand. And how long it would take him to succeed. They could have offered a big cash prize to the listener whose guess came closest. It would have provided hours, days or possibly even weeks of gripping entertainment.
Perhaps LBC’s lawyers feared that the station would be prosecuted for false imprisonment. But I don’t see why. After all, LBC didn’t imprison him. He imprisoned himself.

Reactions: 4
Yesterday it was airport staff

Amusing piece in today's DT by Michael Deacon about LBC's eco-protester. I've transcribed rather than linked it because there's a paywall.
These eco nuts will come unstuck
They’re back. After taking the winter off, hardline climate protesters have returned to spread disruption and dismay across the land, blocking off roads and glueing their body parts to every available surface. For several days now they’ve been blockading oil depots up and down Britain. So on Sunday, the radio station LBC invited one protester into the studio, to interview him about his comrades’ latest stunts. This, however, proved to be a naive mistake.
Because, live on air, the protester glued his hand to the studio equipment.
Such behaviour may seem peculiar. Personally, though, I was more puzzled by LBC’s response. The station rang the police and asked them to remove the protester. Surely it would have made more sense not to bother. Just leave him indefinitely in the studio, stuck fast to the equipment. Presenters could then have run a competition, with listeners invited to predict how long the protester could hold out before desperately trying to unglue his hand. And how long it would take him to succeed. They could have offered a big cash prize to the listener whose guess came closest. It would have provided hours, days or possibly even weeks of gripping entertainment.
Perhaps LBC’s lawyers feared that the station would be prosecuted for false imprisonment. But I don’t see why. After all, LBC didn’t imprison him. He imprisoned himself.
Is the protestor still walking around today, with a microphone attached to their hand?
😁

He mocks people who slag-off 'the liberal elite who live in a metropolitan media bubble' because he knows he is that exact person. So out of bleeping touch he should be a tory politician.

I had a thought the other day. You know when people have those 'who would you have at a dinner party' questions? I thought 'what would be my worst nightmare at a dinner party?' ... JOB came straight to the top, followed by Jolyon Maugham and Carol Cadwalladr :LOL:

I also saw on twitter today a few journalists posting a video of Volodymyr Zelensky praising Boris and the help they have received from the UK. Made me laugh how many people tagged James O'Brien ;)

12.15pm "I am a glass half-full type of person"
Doesn't sound like it jimbo
I heard that hour. I came to the conclusion that nothing is enough for James. It doesn't matter what the subject is, people/government never do enough.

I think Shelagh must have been disappointment with a response to her topic at 1pm. How was your treatment and diagnosis for cancer during the pandemic. Swiftly followed by 3 callers all saying what brilliant treatment they'd had and how fantastic the NHS had been. I got the impression she was looking for something more negative.

I listened to Steve yesterday and he mentioned that he never gets headaches, and hasn't had one for 40 years. I'm surprised by that given his health in general. Hardly a picture of health is he lol

I listened to Steve yesterday and he mentioned that he never gets headaches, and hasn't had one for 40 years. I'm surprised by that given his health in general. Hardly a picture of health is he lol
I suppose when you've got so many other things wrong with you, you don't notice a headache :LOL:

• Haha
I suppose when you've got so many other things wrong with you, you don't notice a headache :LOL:
On today's show he said he blew his nose the other day and it was bloody. So, he has a bloody nose, can't feel his toes, falls over occasionally, burns himself, god knows what else haha. You might be right.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.