LBC Chit Chat #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lord help us, it's a Paul Mason lecture. Reminds me of Peter Sellers character from I'm Alright Jack (where my avatar is taken from incidently).
Ah yes but Peter Sellers was intentionally being funny and was a world-class actor.

Paul Mason thinks he is being clever and is unintentionally funny. As well as being a rather nasty piece of work.

Reactions: 1
Jimbo's twitter feed is a torrent of tweets about one man today.

Nigel Farage truly lives in his head.

Jimbo's twitter feed is a torrent of tweets about one man today.

Nigel Farage truly lives in his head.
Not sure what James has been chuntering on about, but the ridiculous thing is, old Nige is playing them like a fiddle. This is EXACTLY the response he wanted: "Look, I'm not part of THEM. The establishment. the LIberal Elite. I stand alone. I'm one of YOU. etc. etc. etc. :rolleyes: Honestly, if I can see this, why can't all the other 'pundits', 'analysts', and 'strategists'??!? No one is not going to vote for Nige based on his views on Russia, that's just not how it works. Oh well, let's hope James' mower started-up with no trouble, that's MY concern.

Hopefully it did and he was able to instruct his man Mellors re mowing to give the effect of an EU flag on the O'Brien acreage.

Farage and Oswald Mosley will the hot topic next week..interspersed with regular updates from Just Stop Oil's HQ at the O'Brien Annexe.

Hopefully it did and he was able to instruct his man Mellors re mowing to give the effect of an EU flag on the O'Brien acreage.

Farage and Oswald Mosley will the hot topic next week..interspersed with regular updates from Just Stop Oil's HQ at the O'Brien Annexe.
James is very discombobulated these days, I think it recently dawned on him that Farage has essentially put his kids through private school, kept his Rajar figures above the red line, inspired him to write a series of best-selling books, and paid-off the mortgage for O'Beano Acres. About the only thing Nigel hasn't does for James is shaft his wife ... but there is still time. 😬

The latest Nick and Carol podcast really made me laugh. Carole was seriously pissed off. The first 10 minutes was one long bleep. She made good use of Nick's editing skills. :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what James has been chuntering on about, but the ridiculous thing is, old Nige is playing them like a fiddle. This is EXACTLY the response he wanted: "Look, I'm not part of THEM. The establishment. the LIberal Elite. I stand alone. I'm one of YOU. etc. etc. etc. :rolleyes: Honestly, if I can see this, why can't all the other 'pundits', 'analysts', and 'strategists'??!? No one is not going to vote for Nige based on his views on Russia, that's just not how it works. Oh well, let's hope James' mower started-up with no trouble, that's MY concern.
If James has a petrol mower he will need to hide it from his Just Stop Oil mates.

Essentially James has trapped himself in an echo chamber. So Farage simply blows his whistle and James has to come barking.

It is also why James sounds so bored and defeated because he has trapped himself confirming his own doubts about his self-worth.

If James has a petrol mower he will need to hide it from his Just Stop Oil mates.
Cutting grass is also technically deforestation. Dale Vince will NOT be sending James a Christmas card this year as his litany of crimes against mother nature pile up. :cautious:

I am offended by the use of the term "mother". I think nature should be gender fluid and not biologically assigned. This is not a whole load of cis.

• Haha
That Dale Vincent is an odious individual. Another insufferable narcissist who should be ignored.

I know..Can't stand their assumption that money means power.
But you can't do much in the way of influencing things without it. And prosperity doesn't always mean corruption.
---
How are these amateur gamblers being exposed as breaking the law? I'm not familiar with the process of placing a bet. If I fancy chancing a few bob on a big race, I get one of my more worldly acquaintances to do it for me. How can it be traced if I wander into a bookmaker and place a bet? Or even if I have an online account?

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking that bookies have a legal obligation to disclose personal details of anyone to the Gambling Commission if anything dodgy is suspected?
---
Over-compensation. I blame the parents in most cases (or public schooling) 😬
I think it's the public school arrogance which makes them think they are untouchable? I'm talking about the Etons and Harrows of this world here. The braying young adults being schooled to be "elite" to compensate for their mediocrity in the greater scheme of things.

How are these amateur gamblers being exposed as breaking the law? I'm not familiar with the process of placing a bet. If I fancy chancing a few bob on a big race, I get one of my more worldly acquaintances to do it for me. How can it be traced if I wander into a bookmaker and place a bet? Or even if I have an online account?
I've been wondering about that. I can only assume someone was bragging about their 'win'.

I think the bookies also look to see if there has been suspicious activity in the betting. So if they notice that a lot of people were putting large bets on a 4th July election date a few days before the announcement was made then it sets off alarm bells. The equivalent of insider trading.

The policemen involved has been arrested for misconduct in a public office. It's really not worth it.