LBC Chit Chat #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Ferrari came out worst.
The bit I heard was about foodbanks, with Nick doing his usual 'hrmmpfing' and muttering under his breath, pretending to try and butt in constantly. It was really bleeping irritating. After 14 years The Tories are in an indefensible position on almost every topic, just let Rishi speak because he's more than likely to sound like a liar or a prat.

Trouble is, as listeners/viewers/readers leave legacy media, they desperately try to get the 'gotcha' moments so that they can put them on social media to generate content and potential new audience members. What we end up with is a pantomime. :cautious:
---
When they go low, we go high. James never got that memo from Michelle Obama. Vile.

Last edited:
The bit I heard was about foodbanks, with Nick doing his usual 'hrmmpfing' and muttering under his breath, pretending to try and butt in constantly. It was really bleeping irritating.
Why has NF started doing that fake butting in thing? Is it to try to suggest that he’s pushing the interviewee harder than he really is? I agree it’s incredibly irritating.

Why has NF started doing that fake butting in thing? Is it to try to suggest that he’s pushing the interviewee harder than he really is? I agree it’s incredibly irritating.
It is because not only can you not hear the interviewee you can't hear what Ferrari is chuntering on about either. I guess Nick is such a 'big beast' at LBC no one can tell him what to do. Imagine trying to manage all the ego's in that place, must be a nightmare.

Tom studied Theology, so he also has God on his side.
If you are a fan of the TV series Yes Minister you will know that some use Theology as a way of avoiding believing in God. With apologies for diverting the thread.

James Hacker:
How could the Church of England suggest an atheist as Bishop of Bury St Edmunds?

Sir Humphrey Appleby:
Well, very easily. The Church of England is primarily a social organization, not a religious one.

James Hacker:
Is it?

Sir Humphrey Appleby:
Oh yes. It's part of the rich social fabric of this country. So bishops need to be the sorts of chaps who speak properly and know which knife and fork to use. The sort of people one can look up to.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Welcome to the LBC Digital Spy thread posters who've popped in for a look. Please feel free to say hello.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not heard Natasha Clark for a few days, they've hired someone new (not her current role) who's been doing the political slots. Hope she's OK, she's been trolled by the #bekind lot for once working for the Sun.

Mary, Linda, Colin. come on down....
It might already be Colin's bedtime as after the excitement of the football he needs to be up early enough tomorrow so he can be washed, breakfasted and dressed in time for 7am. As he hate to miss even a single second of the Nick Ferrari breakfast show.

It might already be Colin's bedtime as after the excitement of the football he needs to be up early enough tomorrow so he can be washed, breakfasted and dressed in time for 7am. As he hate to miss even a single second of the Nick Ferrari breakfast show.
Not sure he washes or dresses tbh mate

Not heard Natasha Clark for a few days, they've hired someone new (not her current role) who's been doing the political slots. Hope she's OK, she's been trolled by the #bekind lot for once working for the Sun.
I heard her the other day on with Ferrari after one of the leaders phone-in's. James worked for The Torygraph and Express didn't he? Why isn't he getting grief?

"Here we go...just 2 minutes in, Shaun from Surrey writes...Fat Ferrari you far right media puppet...you are diabolical..is it true you've been promised an MBE like they are all saying Fat boy?"
"For reasons I can't divulge I won't be receiving a gong any time soon, thank you"

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I stumbled across this story from 9 years ago but that wasn't what disturbed me the most, it was the photo. For a bloke who doesn't really do much and has no money worries per se, the aging process is quite remarkable. The Brexit Effect or an old audition photo for German electronic band Kraftwerk?

Image2.jpg

Image1a.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
That picture of Jobby must have been at least 10 years old. It seems to be the only one the MM had at the time. I Googled it on Images to see if it had a date and came across it again from the same year.

Reactions: 1
I stumbled across this story from 9 years ago but that wasn't what disturbed me the most, it was the photo. For a bloke who doesn't really do much and has no money worries per se, the aging process is quite remarkable. The Brexit Effect or an old audition photo for German electronic band Kraftwerk?

View attachment 3004969
View attachment 3004970
That’s exactly what I was thinking 🤣