LBC Chit Chat #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But you can't do much in the way of influencing things without it. And prosperity doesn't always mean corruption.
---
How are these amateur gamblers being exposed as breaking the law? I'm not familiar with the process of placing a bet. If I fancy chancing a few bob on a big race, I get one of my more worldly acquaintances to do it for me. How can it be traced if I wander into a bookmaker and place a bet? Or even if I have an online account?
There is quite a bit of a difference in betting on a horse race which you do not know the outcome of & betting on something that you know is going to happen through inside info - like the exact date of a General Election - lol
Bookmaker will have noticed a pattern/influx of bets.

There is quite a bit of a difference in betting on a horse race which you do not know the outcome of & betting on something that you know is going to happen through inside info - like the exact date of a General Election - lol
Bookmaker will have noticed a pattern/influx of bets.
Yes, that's been on the news. But how do they know exactly who is cleaning up? I can understand it if you have an account with the bookie, but what about the casual punters?

Sorry, we're getting off topic here but it is the top discussion today.

Yes, that's been on the news. But how do they know exactly who is cleaning up? I can understand it if you have an account with the bookie, but what about the casual punters?

The person betting may well have an online account with a bookmaker, you need to provide your details in quite a bit of detail to open an account these days. Proof of I.D etc

Reactions: 1

Remember the bookies will have been monitoring this. At a simple level they would have responded by changing the odds. But I am sure they will have software which detects suspicious events which would have been reinforced when the election date was so quickly announced.

As Bobby says those betting online will be quite easy to catch even Inspector Clouseau would be able to spot that.

If you were able to bet in used tenners and get paid out in the same way then you are likely to be scot free although I suppose even then branch CCTV may catch you out....

It could be a Truss/Kwarteng revenge sting to bring down the government? ;)

• Haha
Nick Ferrari was trending on social media this morning as he drove LBC forwards.

Meanwhile

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Amazing that this person has managed to sell out 8 gigs at Wembley stadium.

My question would be....in view of the cost of living crisis and the impoverished and downtrodden young people of today...how the hell could anyone afford to shell out on a ticket? How the hell could all these tickets sell when people are supposedly choosing between heating and eating?

Reactions: 2

My question would be....in view of the cost of living crisis and the impoverished and downtrodden young people of today...how the hell could anyone afford to shell out on a ticket? How the hell could all these tickets sell when people are supposedly choosing between heating and eating?
Credit Cards BABY! Our economy is propped-up on debt. I hate to think what'll happen when the bubble finally bursts. Luckily I have no debt, sadly I have no money either. :ROFLMAO: :cautious:

To the point that they are apparently considering honouring Taylor Swift because she is bringing so much revenue to London.

All hail the Taylor Swift Cult..

I don't really get why but if Sunak persuaded her to back the Tories she could be a very valuable weapon in the bid for young voters.

The day of reckoning will soon come re the credit card bills..Cue misery and stress.

To the point that they are apparently considering honouring Taylor Swift because she is bringing so much revenue to London.
Meanwhile Mayor Khan is pursuing his own racist agenda for London by banning taxi driver from flying the English flag to support our team in the Euros.

• Haha
The Jobster s trying so desperately to be relevant!

Did he manage to find a Brexit connection :rolleyes:?
A bit awkward for Jimbo with people obviously spending money and enjoying themselves.

Anyway how old are his daughters now? Surely he could have let them go on their own without a party pooper for company.

After all the streets of London are perfectly safe under the glorious reign of Mayor Khan.

There's going to be a right wing equivalent of the fox killer's 'Good Law Project' set up to challenge and frustrate Labour implementation of policies after the election.

No doubt any Lawyer brave enough to put their head above the parapet will be subject to the usual 'be kind' pile on of hate and vitriol

A bit awkward for Jimbo with people obviously spending money and enjoying themselves.

Anyway how old are his daughters now? Surely he could have let them go on their own without a party pooper for company.

After all the streets of London are perfectly safe under the glorious reign of Mayor Khan.
I bet he was hoping for a selfie with The Empress following in the footsteps of HRH the other night? I bet he smuggled in a signed copy of his best-selling tome in the hope of presenting it to her during his audience post-gig.

• Haha
Nick Ferrari hosting a car crash interview with James Cleverly and Yvette Cooper at the moment.

• Haha
I bet he was hoping for a selfie with The Empress following in the footsteps of HRH the other night? I bet he smuggled in a signed copy of his best-selling tome in the hope of presenting it to her during his audience post-gig.
No doubt there was an effort to make contact with the Empress followed by a reply of "Who are you?"

• Haha