LBC Chit Chat #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

I know you're not thick, but it's worth remembering that the social media algorithm is set to put the most extreme nutters at the top of your viewing list. People with moderate, well-reasoned, evidenced, calm opinions are shuffled to the bottom of the deck.
Oh definitely, all this algorithm stuff on twitter, facebook and reddit puts the bonkers stuff often make believe at the top. But if you scroll down a twitter thread on her it doesn't get any more rational.

Forums are my social media, I'll only dip my toe into social media occasionally to see the world all these big tech sites are creating with their spoon feeding algorithms.
Can anyone give me the lowdown on the fandom over Sangita Myska? I've heard of her but not listened to her shows but the reaction on twitter is like she has died

What was she like as a presenter?
I'd guess people have latched onto her as they like something to latch onto. These detached from reality people on social media are always looking for a vessel to board.

Reactions: 3
For all his bluff and bluster, he's a Global lackey who'll not do or so anything to queer his pitch there. To be fair to him, it's his living and he's got a family to look after. Someone like Vorderman could easily take a stand for the cause and resign, she'll be on buttons for a show at a time when few are listening. That and she's also lucky enough to have 5 men willing to look after her. These are my principles, if you don't like them I have more.
Normal, right minded people wouldn't expect James to make a stand over another presenter under these circumstances. The problem for James is that he has sold himself as this highly principled, champion of the people. The last bastion of principles. That's why he's getting all this flack and Nick Ferrari isn't. No one is expecting Nick to come out fighting for Sangita.

Anyway, Sangita is a big girl who is known in the industry so I'm sure she'll be fine. She must know how it works but I suspect she is enjoying the outrage.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone give me the lowdown on the fandom over Sangita Myska? I've heard of her but not listened to her shows but the reaction on twitter is like she has died

Unbearable.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I worked in the gas chamber because I had a family to look after, I needed a wage. I had a mortgage to pay. Do me a favour. James is the classic example of a needy narcissist tilting at windmills* on a daily basis. He has more than enough money.

*I heard this phrase today for the first time during the Post Office enquiry. I was eager to use it. 😬 Google: Tilting at windmills is an English idiom which means "attacking imaginary enemies", originating from Miguel de Cervantes' novel Don Quixote.

Bit OTT there @Ndrangheta ... Even I won't suggest James is working for the Nazi's , though some out there would :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

The truth is that she attracted very little interest. The LBC weekend schedule consisted of a group of people more in touch with a left wing and as it has turned out pro Palestine agenda.

Most on here wanted a bit of variety on the weekend rather than another lecture.....

Reactions: 2
The truth is that she attracted very little interest.
I know someone who broadcasts and she doesn't give two fucks about her audience. It's all about exposure and the misguided wanton desire to be 'seen'. I don't mean to lecture y'all, but these people don't do it for the money (although the money is good).

Just to save anyone else from hunting for the lbc announcement post, twitter as ever is so unrepresentative.

It's bizarre all the people expecting special treatment for one presenter, especially as she hadn't been there that long and nore did she have a high profile show. She was treated the same way as lbc does with them all 🤷‍♀️
Which would be absolutely fine other than James O’Brien said this morning that if his figures dropped he would expect not to have his contract renewed. Apparently her figures have increased by 12.5%.
Whether she was sacked for upsetting the Jewish guy she interviewed or not, the way she was suddenly taken off air and then replaced by a right wing Jewish person was always going to be questioned. She chose not to say anything too which added to the consiracy theory.
Frank Skinner didn’t have his contract renewed on Absolute but was left on air to see the contract out. He also talked about it publicly so that want an issue.
Global are a business and if they think they can raise more revenue by employing someone like Vanessa Feltz, good luck to them. They have gone down in my estimation but no one cares about my opinion apart from me. It’s just a shame that they have chosen two right wing presenters to replace her. So much for balance.

Oh please. She didn’t “choose” not to say anything. She’s been paid off on the condition that she doesn't say anything. She’s taken the money, just like they all do.

• Heart
Wait, so this Joel Hills is the 'Business and Economics Editor, ITV News' where Paul Brand is the UK News editor ? File alongside Channel 4 and Sky News as more examples of our right wing media. :rolleyes:
There are people of a centrist or left persuasion in the media. It doesn’t mean that the media in this country is predominately right leaning. Remind me again how the print/online industry lines up politically?
Of course, if you support right wing politics then it isn’t an issue for you. I would argue that it isn’t good for democracy. I would also argue that it doesn’t reflect the political position of the population as the right wing parties poll lower overall.
---
Oh please. She didn’t “choose” not to say anything. She’s been paid off on the condition that she doesn't say anything. She’s taken the money, just like they all do.
If that is the case she “chose” to take the money did she not? Perhaps she felt it was better for future employment prospects not to say anything?

They have gone down in my estimation but no one cares about my opinion apart from me.
I care about your opinion. I rarely agree with it, but I read it. Don't fret poppet.

As you alluded to, it's pure economics. Sangita Myska at worst was shrill and at best incredibly bland. As Boris 'bleep' Johnson once said: Them's the Break's". She'll be fine, it wouldn't surprise me if she's married to some incredibly wealthy bloke and lives the life of riley in North London. I am even more sure that she, like almost every other LBC presenter, has absolutely NOTHING in common with the average listener and couldn't give a toss about the out-pouring of faux grief, unless she is some kind of narc.

Iain and Shelagh doing an 8-hour overnight marathon 10pm-6am covering the elections. Double prayers that we Londoners can boot out Mayor Knan. Not holding breath. Please lend the Tories your vote even if you hate them!

Vanessa doing 4-7pm next Monday.

8 hours of them and 4 hours of Ferrari is when LBC let the professionals present the news.

• Sad

Yel

I wouldn't be surprised if now when they sign it states they can't talk about it when it ends. Hense why none of them do otherwise they'd have a huge amount of pay they'd have to repay.

Just so much fandom over her. Its rather pathetic and she will end up on BBC anyway

• Sad
They will soon move on to another "victim" to relieve their boredom

Reactions: 5
Just so much fandom over her. Its rather pathetic and she will end up on BBC anyway
She came from the BBC.

This 'outcry' is very contrived. Up until a couple of weeks ago she was just another weekend presenter on a commercial radio station that most people would not have heard of. Very bland and nondescript in my opinion. I am indifferent to her. What seems to be behind this is that her departure coincided with criticising Israel during an interview with an Israeli government person. For some reason the Twitterverse are behaving like she's Alexei Navalny.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The Twitter (x) mob seem to have turned on Jimbo
Water off a ducks back for old Jimbo. The bullying he recieved at Ampleforth scarred him enough to ride-out abuse. Both tragic and amusing in equal measure. Obviously I'd never wish for a pre-pubescent boy to be beaten, but in the case of James I can make an exception. Of course I can't. It's awful. I do hate his style of broadcasthing though, that's why I don't listen.

Lucky I don't eat popcorn, I'd be about 20 stones by now.

Doing it in bold font is so much more effective apparently 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The Twitter (x) mob seem to have turned on Jimbo

He got quite defensive didn't he? I listened to him today but missed this.

The thing is Sangita is keeping quiet for two reasons IMO. She's being paid to keep schtum and secondly all this conspiracy really raises her profile and keeps her in the news. It suits her to keep quiet.

It's reached a stage that even if Sangita said 'yeah I got fired because of my ratings and they got a bigger name in Vanessa' the mob would declare that she has been got at and been silenced. :rolleyes:
---
Lucky I don't eat popcorn, I'd be about 20 stones by now.
It's a joy to behold. :ROFLMAO:

Colin has just found out that Global haven't paid corporation tax in 5 years. It's publicly available information that's always been out there but it's now suddenly relevant and he's tagging it into replies on twitter replies today. He's done it twenty times, I had to stop counting as unlike him, I've got a life to lead

He needs help

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.