LBC Chit Chat #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I heard a phrase this week on a podcast covering commercial media trends: 'Cord-Cutting'. Ye Olde Vox Populi (That's us, the great unwashed) just are not listening nor watching traditional forms of media. Audiences are 'cutting the cord' and moving away from legacy media.

James O'Brien is a great example. He has an ever shrinking pool of listeners. He isn't the only one. His only saving grace is that his schtick could take a toe-hold as to being the one faux radical voice of The Left. Cynical, but smart. Quite how that will work out when Labour win the next election remains to be seen.
Jimbo is trending on Twitter (x) tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The story about Vanessa joining LBC and Iain Dale doing an extra programme has got slightly muddled on Yahoo News.

LBC also confirmed that Iain Dale’s programme will be extended to five days a week with him presenting an extra show on Friday evenings. Mr Cheak said “Vanessa is leading light in broadcasting who is outspoke, incisive and understands what matters to LBC listeners. We’re delighted to have her on board”.

LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Twitter is mental at the moment.

These people boycotting LBC and James O'Brien are ridiculous. What do they think LBC is? It's a privately owned, commercial radio station. They'll do what they want when they want. When it suited they employed Katie Hopkins and Nigel Farage until it didn't.

I do think it makes James look disingenuous though. I got the 'someone needs to be here to counter his views ' stance when Farage was there but James is obviously not a man of principle. James looks after James. He's taken them all for fools with his faux Wolfie Smith schtick.

Reactions: 4
For all his bluff and bluster, he's a Global lackey who'll not do or so anything to queer his pitch there. To be fair to him, it's his living and he's got a family to look after. Someone like Vorderman could easily take a stand for the cause and resign, she'll be on buttons for a show at a time when few are listening. That and she's also lucky enough to have 5 men willing to look after her. These are my principles, if you don't like them I have more.

To be fair to him, it's his living and he's got a family to look after.
I worked in the gas chamber because I had a family to look after, I needed a wage. I had a mortgage to pay. Do me a favour. James is the classic example of a needy narcissist tilting at windmills* on a daily basis. He has more than enough money.

*I heard this phrase today for the first time during the Post Office enquiry. I was eager to use it. 😬 Google: Tilting at windmills is an English idiom which means "attacking imaginary enemies", originating from Miguel de Cervantes' novel Don Quixote.

Reactions: 1
Thank you. Not sure how relevant this clip is but any excuse to watch Steve McQueen in one of my favourite films and hear one of the best movie tracks ever is good enough for me. 🥰
Ndrangheta posted about "tilting at windmills" and I had an early morning brain fart 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I worked in the gas chamber because I had a family to look after, I needed a wage. I had a mortgage to pay. Do me a favour. James is the classic example of a needy narcissist tilting at windmills* on a daily basis. He has more than enough money.

*I heard this phrase today for the first time during the Post Office enquiry. I was eager to use it. 😬 Google: Tilting at windmills is an English idiom which means "attacking imaginary enemies", originating from Miguel de Cervantes' novel Don Quixote.
James could really do with a Sancho Panza sidekick to bring him into line..like "Keith" who should have a voice.

Iain and Shelagh doing an 8-hour overnight marathon 10pm-6am covering the elections. Double prayers that we Londoners can boot out Mayor Knan. Not holding breath. Please lend the Tories your vote even if you hate them!

Vanessa doing 4-7pm next Monday.

James will need more than therapy if his mate Sadiq loses his gig and Simple Susan gets in!!

Hoping you get your wish, Maggy! No more ULEZ!

• Haha
Iain and Shelagh doing an 8-hour overnight marathon 10pm-6am covering the elections. Double prayers that we Londoners can boot out Mayor Knan. Not holding breath. Please lend the Tories your vote even if you hate them!

Vanessa doing 4-7pm next Monday.
Those two drongos as the very last people I’ll be tuning into.

• Haha

These people boycotting LBC and James O'Brien are ridiculous. What do they think LBC is? It's a privately owned, commercial radio station. They'll do what they want when they want. When it suited they employed Katie Hopkins and Nigel Farage until it didn't.

I do think it makes James look disingenuous though. I got the 'someone needs to be here to counter his views ' stance when Farage was there but James is obviously not a man of principle. James looks after James. He's taken them all for fools with his faux Wolfie Smith schtick.
I think that most of them never listened to LBC anyway so they need to look up the word boycott in the dictionary. Those that did were likely to listen to Jimbo so it is bad news for him. Even if they did not they were in the group that had similar views. Also with his habit of name calling and blocking on Twitter (x) there can't be many left in his echo chamber.

On the upside all the recent news has probably done wonders for his constipation problem.

Yel

People have genuinely convinced themselves she's mounting a legal case against LBC :LOL:

Even permie people in the UK have no rights before two years. Yet people think a freelance talk show presenter employed by a private company who hasn't even been there 2 years has a case o_O .

Some people on the internet are so delusional and biased, all while thinking they're perfectly balanced and objective 🤡. Going all on about equality and fairness while demanding special treatment for someone they liked (or more likely liked one viral clip of). Madness.

Reactions: 5
I think that most of them never listened to LBC anyway so they need to look up the word boycott in the dictionary. Those that did were likely to listen to Jimbo so it is bad news for him. Even if they did not they were in the group that had similar views. Also with his habit of name calling and blocking on Twitter (x) there can't be many left in his echo chamber.

On the upside all the recent news has probably done wonders for his constipation problem.
They obviously don't know how listener figures are collected either. They think that the minute they switch off LBC the audience counter thingy in Global Towers clicks down by one! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Some people on the internet are so delusional and biased, all while thinking they're perfectly balanced and objective 🤡. Going all on about equality and fairness while demanding special treatment for someone they liked (or more likely liked one viral clip of). Madness.
I know you're not thick, but it's worth remembering that the social media algorithm is set to put the most extreme nutters at the top of your viewing list. People with moderate, well-reasoned, evidenced, calm opinions are shuffled to the bottom of the deck. Thanks for Tattle.

PS. Is Tattle hiring? I'll send my CV, I'm NCTJ trained and can do Teeline shorthand (more qualified than O'Brien, imagine) 😬

Can anyone give me the lowdown on the fandom over Sangita Myska? I've heard of her but not listened to her shows but the reaction on twitter is like she has died

What was she like as a presenter?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.