LBC Chit Chat #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Steve Allen, Andrew castle, Matt Stadlen, Darren Adam, Majid Nawaz and I'm sure there's many more. They just disappear, no announcements. It's how they roll at LBC.
Listeners know this. I highly doubt Sangita will tweet about it or ever mention it when she resurfaces, it's written into the contract.
The only one in recent times who got a 'good bye' was Eddie Mair and I suspect that was because he was retiring and leaving broadcasting. Every one else just disappears in a cloud of smoke when their 'contract is due to end'.

I am loving Vanessa Feltz is replacing Sangita. She's a big name for LBC and I'm sure she'll be used more as time goes on. She was very popular on BBC London and BBC2.

Reactions: 4
I always thought Vanessa was some bored, well-off, middle-class, Jewish housewife who had a lot to say for herself. Then I discovered she gained a first-class honours degree in English at Cambridge and the rumour was that she pretty much did all of Stephen Fry's coursework too! So, I changed my opinion of her after learning that.

She's alright I suppose. Commercial Stations need 'a name' so I can see why they went for her. She'll certainly be better than Vorderman. Another plus point is that she has quite a nice speaking voice and doesn't get all shrill with callers who have a different opinion to her own.

I won't listen myself. But will be interested to hear your opinions.
With the car crash that is Carol Voderman these days and her reprinting the output of the Byline Times I rather suspect that Vanessa will replace her in due course.

Reactions: 1
I am loving Vanessa Feltz is replacing Sangita. She's a big name for LBC and I'm sure she'll be used more as time goes on. She was very popular on BBC London and BBC2.
I love it insofar as it seems to have wound-up a load of pearl-clutching simps. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
It's funny to see some people lose their tit at Sangita going after the same happened to Maajid & Steve Allen and those same people will have said nothing.

That's just how LBC rolls.

I love it insofar as it seems to have wound-up a load of pearl-clutching simps. :ROFLMAO:
That's what I meant. I'm quite indifferent to Vanessa but I know she is a big name in broadcasting. Ask anyone in the street if they've heard of Sangita or Vanessa and I know what the answer would be. It makes commercial sense.

Reactions: 2
It's funny to see some people lose their tit at Sangita going after the same happened to Maajid & Steve Allen and those same people will have said nothing.

LBC exists for one reason and one reason alone: To make a profit for its owners and shareholders. It doesn't owe Joe Public anything and if anyone has a problem with that they can listen to Novara Media with the lovely Ash Sarkar. Now, I'm not sure how many of you keep abreast of the happenings at Novara, but the situation in Gaza has really sent them all into a bit of a tizzy, with people flouncing-off left-right-and-centre (no pun intended). :ROFLMAO:

ps. Regarding what I said about LBC not having to answer to anyone, I could be wrong about that insofar as I don't know if they are, by law, supposed to offer a 'balanced' output in terms of politcal chit-chat.

Exactly. I'm going to assume that Global take RAJA's in to account when making these decisions. People love to be outraged and Sangita's disappearance just suited a massive lefty agenda. 'It's cos she spoke up against Israel' ... obviously it wasn't. I heard the interview that was allegedly the problem and tbh I didn't hear anything controversial.

Steve Allen, Andrew castle, Matt Stadlen, Darren Adam, Majid Nawaz and I'm sure there's many more. They just disappear, no announcements. It's how they roll at LBC.
Listeners know this. I highly doubt Sangita will tweet about it or ever mention it when she resurfaces, it's written into the contract.
You are right piff paff and it is clear that Sangita has been behind this and has played the left-wing Jew haters like a piano.

Her show attracted little interest and in ordinary times she would have disappeared onto the "desperation is palpable" list on Twitter headed by Stadlen.

The person below probably had never heard of LBC before a week or 2 ago.

• Haha
Sangita made no sense to me as a signing in the first place - she claims she was poached from the BBC but why? She's not a big name like Feltz, Mair, Maitlis or even Vorderman.

LBC exists for one reason and one reason alone: To make a profit for its owners and shareholders. It doesn't owe Joe Public anything and if anyone has a problem with that they can listen to Novara Media with the lovely Ash Sarkar. Now, I'm not sure how many of you keep abreast of the happenings at Novara, but the situation in Gaza has really sent them all into a bit of a tizzy, with people flouncing-off left-right-and-centre (no pun intended). :ROFLMAO:

ps. Regarding what I said about LBC not having to answer to anyone, I could be wrong about that insofar as I don't know if they are, by law, supposed to offer a 'balanced' output in terms of politcal chit-chat.

God help me but someone on the dark side (and what a nasty bastard George_S is on there) linked to a Novara interview about Myska and what a terrible decision it was to cancel a brilliant presenter for telling some 'truths' about Israel, the only problem was that Sarkar was pronouncing her surname as Misska, she'd clearly never heard a word of her output

And by the by, anyone who uses the term 'Likud Broadcasting Corporation' or 'Zionist shill' or links to a tweet saying Feltz has the blood of 5,000 Palestinians on their hands are anti semitic filth.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Personally I really enjoy Vanessa, her BBC London show was excellent.
I think after all these years as a professional broadcaster in the commercial sector Vanessa at least understands the concept of not dividing an audience for the sake of it and offering entertainment to a broad audience. It makes total sense for Global to employ her. Sometimes I think LBC finds itself caught between two stools ... undergraduate lectures by James O'Brien for a niche audience or general entertainment for the masses. I'm happy for James to stay where he is, partly because reading between the lines here he's becoming increasingly more deranged. I choose not to listen. I'm fine with that.

Vanessa’s first boob was in the NF interview this morning when she referred to LBC as if it was a London station and Nick quickly corrected that, which is a bit rich considering many of the presenters don’t seem to have grasped the National thing and Nick is one of the worst culprits at having a 90% London centric show.

I can listen to Vanessa, my only complaint is that she often spends a lot of time building context around a subject which wastes time and isn’t really necessary. For example if she’s doing a topic like availability of dentists she’ll do a complete rant like “so you WAKE up in the night with toothache you’re in AGONY you WAIT until breakfast and ring your local dentist you FNALLY get through and speak to a receptionist whose LESS than helpful you’re told you CAN’T have an appointment that day or in fact any day so you RING the local hospital….“ and on and on and on. Take a breath dear. It’s almost time for the ads.

I can listen to Vanessa, my only complaint is that she often spends a lot of time building context around a subject which wastes time and isn’t really necessary.
Yeah she's flawed. But at least if no callers ring in she can fill the vacuum. Sometimes she can get fixated and she also has a very flat delivery-style. A bit like a jaded consultant giving out their fifth terminal breast cancer diagnosis to a patient in the same day. As I said, doesn't do it for me, but has to be better than old whatshername.

God help me but someone on the dark side (and what a nasty bastard George_S is on there) linked to a Novara interview about Myska and what a terrible decision it was to cancel a brilliant presenter for telling some 'truths' about Israel, the only problem was that Sarkar was pronouncing her surname as Misska, she'd clearly never heard a word of her output

And by the by, anyone who uses the term 'Likud Broadcasting Corporation' or 'Zionist shill' or links to a tweet saying Feltz has the blood of 5,000 Palestinians on their hands are anti semitic filth.
Sarkar was a product of the Corbyn times that the media felt they had to indulge. Now Corbyn has moved on she has remained like a bad and smelly fart. In some ways George S is similar as he boycotts LBC via posting about it all day on the dark side.

In other news the mob seems to be turning on Jimbo now.

Last edited:
Exactly. I'm going to assume that Global take RAJA's in to account when making these decisions. People love to be outraged and Sangita's disappearance just suited a massive lefty agenda. 'It's cos she spoke up against Israel' ... obviously it wasn't. I heard the interview that was allegedly the problem and tbh I didn't hear anything controversial.
Which is the problem. There was nothing controversial unless you are one of those people who believes that Israel are beyond reproach. The way the whole thing was handled was very strange and if she had come to the end of her contract why didn’t she say that to all of the people asking what was going on?
I hadn’t heard that many of her shows but she always seemed very capable and professional and I actually preferred her when she stood in for Shelagh Foghaty. Why do they keep recycling the old dinosaurs? Global can’t be that desperate for listeners can they?

Yel

Just to save anyone else from hunting for the lbc announcement post, twitter as ever is so unrepresentative.

It's bizarre all the people expecting special treatment for one presenter, especially as she hadn't been there that long and nore did she have a high profile show. She was treated the same way as lbc does with them all 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Which is the problem. There was nothing controversial unless you are one of those people who believes that Israel are beyond reproach. The way the whole thing was handled was very strange and if she had come to the end of her contract why didn’t she say that to all of the people asking what was going on?
I hadn’t heard that many of her shows but she always seemed very capable and professional and I actually preferred her when she stood in for Shelagh Foghaty. Why do they keep recycling the old dinosaurs? Global can’t be that desperate for listeners can they?
I don't but I also won't tolerate people saying 'Zionist shill' and 'death of thousands on their hands' just because they're Jewish.

It's been posted a few times in here that Global/LBC just drop their presenters without any notice to the presenter or the audience. Steve Allen had been there 42 years. Left work on a Friday and never returned. Sangita was never going get special treatment because some people signed a petition. She has probably not allowed to say anything in return for a healthy severance package.

I personally think Global have been after Vanessa for a while.
---

I think if you're posting links to Novara then maybe LBC is not the right station for you .... 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Global can’t be that desperate for listeners can they?
I heard a phrase this week on a podcast covering commercial media trends: 'Cord-Cutting'. Ye Olde Vox Populi (That's us, the great unwashed) just are not listening nor watching traditional forms of media. Audiences are 'cutting the cord' and moving away from legacy media.

James O'Brien is a great example. He has an ever shrinking pool of listeners. He isn't the only one. His only saving grace is that his schtick could take a toe-hold as to being the one faux radical voice of The Left. Cynical, but smart. Quite how that will work out when Labour win the next election remains to be seen.

You are right piff paff and it is clear that Sangita has been behind this and has played the left-wing Jew haters like a piano.

Her show attracted little interest and in ordinary times she would have disappeared onto the "desperation is palpable" list on Twitter headed by Stadlen.

The person below probably had never heard of LBC before a week or 2 ago.

Wait, so this Joel Hills is the 'Business and Economics Editor, ITV News' where Paul Brand is the UK News editor ? File alongside Channel 4 and Sky News as more examples of our right wing media. :rolleyes:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.