LBC Chit Chat #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He got quite defensive didn't he? I listened to him today but missed this.

The thing is Sangita is keeping quiet for two reasons IMO. She's being paid to keep schtum and secondly all this conspiracy really raises her profile and keeps her in the news. It suits her to keep quiet.

It's reached a stage that even if Sangita said 'yeah I got fired because of my ratings and they got a bigger name in Vanessa' the mob would declare that she has been got at and been silenced. :rolleyes:
---

It's a joy to behold. :ROFLMAO:
Sangita has been "disappeared"....shock horror.

And I bet she's lovin' it...Makes a change from her normal day to day "beige" existence as a low profile journo yearning for attention. Enjoy it will you can before the next great Outrage consumes the bored twitterati who have nothing better to do than "champion" perceived underdogs.

Reactions: 1
To be fair, AM had a long and varied career with the BBC radio and tv. (see Wikipedia) LB C must have made her a pretty good offer, unless she had been booted!

Professional media bleep. Wants to be on tv so much he even puts up with On The Buses Olive lookalike Jaqui Smith to get on GMB.
I can confidently say, she is into Iain much more than he is into her. If she hadn’t been a senior cabinet member back in the day she would serve no purpose for him.

Yel

He's right on this, for years there's been a lot of nonsense about tattle.

But he's probably best to just ignore it all, twitter and these vocal people online is a weird minority that there's no help for. Most people don't change their mind but instead go further down a bonkers rabbit hole.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 17.56.31.png

Reactions: 3
Conspiracy obsessed, anti semitic morons, every single one of them.

It might make O'Brien finally realise what some of his fellow travellers are really like

Colin's still frantically retweeting 'LBC are tax avoiders' alongside sending 'on fire' emojis to a woman who describes herself as a 'physically and mentally strong African Queen'

Just another day....

• Heart
Reactions: 5
These sixth-formers need to grow the duck up. :ROFLMAO: I'm only half following all this tit but it seems hilarious. Book sales wars in Shoreditch and Primrose Hill. God damn how much I despise the metropolitan media bubble of bollocks. I actually have the misfortune to know someone in this world, she's a right bleep. I try to avoid her the best I can and if she's anything to go by, most of the LBC lot are massive tosspot's too.

So basically, her contract wasn't renewed because she got poor listening figures. Rather than admit that (or put out any sort of statement about her departure) she has allowed the vacuum of her silence to become filled by an anti-Semitic Twitter mob, piling on abuse towards her former colleagues over conspiracy theories that she is a "journalist" who has been "silenced" for getting too close to telling "the uncomfortable truths"...?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I do wonder if the contracts tell them that they can't say anything about their departure. Otherwise her silence would be quite odd. IIRC, Maajid was the only one who said anything, I recall him tweeting something angry (and characteristically Maajid), but even then he didn't go as far as he could have.

She has (sadly) a career of sorts to look forward to. You'd expect future employers to have taken note of her behaviour and act accordingly. They'll know what happened and what her options on commenting were.

Jobby getting hell on my X/Twitter timeline. So he didn't rush to Myska's defense. Why should he? Their shifts don't overlap; he might not even know her. It's almost certain that an NDA is included in presenters' contracts, banning them from disclosing internal politics, during and for a specified time after they leave. I almost feel sorry for him - almost but not quite.

Reactions: 6
Jobby getting hell on my X/Twitter timeline. So he didn't rush to Myska's defense. Why should he? Their shifts don't overlap; he might not even know her. It's almost certain that an NDA is included in presenters' contracts, banning them from disclosing internal politics, during and for a specified time after they leave. I almost feel sorry for him - almost but not quite.
Yeah, to be fair James tried to debunk all the nonsense about the presenter's departure to a caller, but to conspiracy theorists everywhere they weren't having it. 😬

Reactions: 4
I'm glad I don't bother with Twitter or whatever it's called now. What a load of rubbish. Just another form of addiction.

Reactions: 5
I'm glad I don't bother with Twitter or whatever it's called now. What a load of rubbish. Just another form of addiction.
Never liked it, or Reddit, or Facebook.
I think it is the style/format too that I never enjoyed, that and the information harvesting too.

Never liked it, or Reddit, or Facebook.
I think it is the style/format too that I never enjoyed, that and the information harvesting too.
I like Twitter. The knack is in choosing who to follow - I like it for news and laughs - and not to take the extreme stuff seriously.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.