LBC Chit Chat #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, to be fair James tried to debunk all the nonsense about the presenter's departure to a caller, but to conspiracy theorists everywhere they weren't having it. 😬
The trouble is that James has fed Twitter hate mobs and of course there is his book "how to be right"

So it is a case of the biter bit for him.

Still on the upside he will not need a coffee enema this week.

Reactions: 3
Jobby getting hell on my X/Twitter timeline. So he didn't rush to Myska's defense. Why should he? Their shifts don't overlap; he might not even know her. It's almost certain that an NDA is included in presenters' contracts, banning them from disclosing internal politics, during and for a specified time after they leave. I almost feel sorry for him - almost but not quite.
James is discovering what those people who he normally aligns himself with are really like. Idiot's Corner is going to be packed.

Reactions: 7

Yel

Never liked it, or Reddit, or Facebook.
I think it is the style/format too that I never enjoyed, that and the information harvesting too.
I like Twitter. The knack is in choosing who to follow - I like it for news and laughs - and not to take the extreme stuff seriously.
I think the big problem with all these big tech sites is they use algorithms to feed you stuff purely with the aim to make you stay on their platform for as long as possible.

The end user has very limited control - even if you don't follow someone or a topic they all will serve you up that content if they think it'll keep you there. Very worrying the power a handful of companies have.

There are so many desperate to believe conspiracy theories that fit their agenda. It's turning people very hardlined in everything. Like the amount that claim to care deeply about a radio talk show host, even though 99% have probably never tuned into their show. Big tech don't care that it's making people so extreme, that was not the aim and merely a side effect of trying to get them to stay on their platforms for as long as possible.

Reactions: 5
I think the big problem with all these big tech sites is they use algorithms to feed you stuff purely with the aim to make you stay on their platform for as long as possible.

The end user has very limited control - even if you don't follow someone or a topic they all will serve you up that content if they think it'll keep you there. Very worrying the power a handful of companies have.

There are so many desperate to believe conspiracy theories that fit their agenda. It's turning people very hardlined in everything. Like the amount that claim to care deeply about a radio talk show host, even though 99% have probably never tuned into their show. They don't care that it's making people so extreme, that was not the aim and merely a side effect of trying to get them to stay on their platforms for as long as possible.
I have always preferred the forum style, I know forums are certainly a part of Social Media but I think the poster can get to know other poster's better, it's more interactive.
Social Media has been the biggest blight on humanity (and yet here I am posting on a form of Social Media) 😬

Yel

I have always preferred the forum style, I know forums are certainly a part of Social Media but I think the poster can get to know other poster's better, it's more interactive.
Social Media has been the biggest blight on humanity (and yet here I am posting on a form of Social Media) 😬
I do think there's a world of difference between forums and these big social media aps. On facebook/instagram/reddit/twitter anyone can create a new account make up total nonsense and it gets amplified into millions of people's feeds. Forums you have to make an active choice on what topic to read and everyones comment is equal rather than promoting some to the top of the pile - and most people on read the stuff at the top.

Reactions: 6

Yel

All the people on youtube saying unsubscribe to LBC.

LBC gained 1k subs yesterday
Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 09.40.49.png

They did loose 583 people on twitter yesterday, probably the extent of this "massive boycott" but are gaining today. I doubt more than 50 of those actually listened to LBC and most of those will still listen. It's almost as if someone posting a gif of turning off a radio on twitter means nothing :LOL:
Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 09.44.16.png

Reactions: 1
I care about your opinion. I rarely agree with it, but I read it. Don't fret poppet.

As you alluded to, it's pure economics. Sangita Myska at worst was shrill and at best incredibly bland. As Boris 'bleep' Johnson once said: Them's the Break's". She'll be fine, it wouldn't surprise me if she's married to some incredibly wealthy bloke and lives the life of riley in North London. I am even more sure that she, like almost every other LBC presenter, has absolutely NOTHING in common with the average listener and couldn't give a toss about the out-pouring of faux grief, unless she is some kind of narc.
I’m not fretting poppet and you don’t like her, I get it. I thought she was ok but we all have our opinions.
What we might agree on it the poor way that Global handled the situation thus giving conspiracy theorists an open goal.
I know that she isn’t a big hitter like O’Brien or Ferrari but they wouldn’t just vanish from the air and be replaced for a week or so by a stand in before being replaced properly a while later would they? And it wasn’t as if her shows were a disaster, her listening figures were up 12.5%.
How much “fretting” would be done if Nick Ferrari suddenly disappeared and no reason was given for two weeks, then he was replaced by a firmly left leaning presenter I wonder.
I am delighted for all those who love Vanessa, still support the morally bankrupt Tories and hate Muslims. I shall be finding something better to do with my time 😉. As for faux grief, if you enjoyed her shows and are horrified by the thought of Vanessa taking her place, I would suggest that the grief is anything but faux.
---
So basically, her contract wasn't renewed because she got poor listening figures. Rather than admit that (or put out any sort of statement about her departure) she has allowed the vacuum of her silence to become filled by an anti-Semitic Twitter mob, piling on abuse towards her former colleagues over conspiracy theories that she is a "journalist" who has been "silenced" for getting too close to telling "the uncomfortable truths"...?
Apparently her contract hadn’t expired yet and it is not for her to discuss her contract in public. It is down to her employer. I expect might well have a clause about what happens if and when it is up for renewal. I don’t subscribe to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories but Global have handled the situation very badly. If they had let her present the last couple of shows and announced that she was leaving and being replaced by Feltz in a few weeks there wouldn’t have been a reason to look for a conspiracy. As for getting too close to uncomfortable truths??? If she did anything at all she questioned a very spiky Israeli spokesman who kicked off big time to a very reasonable comment about their attack on Iran. We all know that any criticism of anything that the Israeli government does nowadays is a big no-no and leaves you open to claims of antisemitism.

Last edited:
What we might agree on it the poor way that Global handled the situation thus giving conspiracy theorists an open goal.
I know that she isn’t a big hitter like O’Brien or Ferrari but they wouldn’t just vanish from the air and be replaced for a week or so by a stand in before being replaced properly a while later would they?
I think they would. If Ferrari or O'Brien walked in and said they were leaving because they'd been offered a massive role at XYZ you can guarantee they would not appear on air again. Likewise if either of them behaved in such a way Global didn't want them for their brand anymore, they would be gone.

I know we keep going back to him but Steve Allen had been there 43 years, loyal as can be to LBC and Global, finished work on a Friday morning saying 'I'll be with you on Monday' then he never came back ... two weeks later him and Global are releasing statements that his contract was near the end blah blah blah No explanation from either of them. he had a big audience and was always bragging about his show was the biggest in the country in that time slot. He had big audience and a loyal following. It meant nothing to Global.

Reactions: 4
Funny how people juggle facts to suit their narrative. I keep reading that Myska has been replaced by Felz. Here's what's actually happening.
Myska did Saturday and Sunday 1-4pm. Those afternoons are now on the schedule as:
Saturday and Sunday Ali Miraj 12-3pm Followed by Saturday 3-6pm Felz and Sunday 3-6pm Vorderman.
Do the sums!

Funny how people juggle facts to suit their narrative. I keep reading that Myska has been replaced by Felz. Here's what's actually happening.
Myska did Saturday and Sunday 1-4pm. Those afternoons are now on the schedule as:
Saturday and Sunday Ali Miraj 12-3pm Followed by Saturday 3-6pm Felz and Sunday 3-6pm Vorderman.
Do the sums!
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story .... ;)

The whole weekend schedule has been altered. Matt Frei reduced hours, Lewis Goodhall getting a show. Lammy gone. I don't think LBC have gone to all that trouble just to bin Myska.

The whole weekend schedule has been altered. Matt Frei reduced hours, Lewis Goodhall getting a show. Lammy gone. I don't think LBC have gone to all that trouble just to bin Myska.
I think that you and Maggie are right Fenella. Many of us have followed LBC for some years and the behaviour by it is rather familiar.

Yet the hate mobs seem devoid of any sense or rationality. The YouTube numbers than Yel posted makes me think they in fact are silly enough to join the LBC channel so they can then claim to boycott it!

Oh and is "privately educated white woman" the new code for Jewish from the haters?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I think that you and Maggie are right Fenella. Many of us have followed LBC for some years and the behaviour by it is rather familiar.

Yet the hate mobs seem devoid of any sense or rationality. The YouTube numbers than Yel posted makes me think they in fact are silly enough to join the LBC channel so they can then claim to boycott it!

Oh and is "privately educated white woman" the new code for Jewish from the haters?

I'd just wish posters on Twitter would make their mind up. According to them Vanessa is either a rabid Zionist muderer or a fluffy, superficial presenter. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1

Yel

It's insanity how people are determined to believe conspiracy theories when it's so easily debunked 🤪

Someone pretty new to the station with a low profile weekend slot was treated the exact same way as someone with decades at the station who was way more prominent (and just about everyone else at lbc bar one retiring from media all together). Yet people are adamant she's been treated differently.

Lbc have no doubt been after feltz for a while and she apparently had quite a following. I don't think an uptick q4 2023 listening figures are that relevant, isn't there often a seasonal increase at that time of year?

I was just having a little look on t'internet and came across this. Richard Spurr OFCOM complaint for referring to 'Jewland' and 'ghettos'

Richard Spurr still has a job at LBC.

Just to clarify I meant that if Richard Spurr can keep his job after that then I can't see why Sangita would have lost hers over that interview.

Last edited:
I know that she isn’t a big hitter like O’Brien or Ferrari but they wouldn’t just vanish from the air and be replaced for a week or so by a stand in before being replaced properly a while later would they? And it wasn’t as if her shows were a disaster, her listening figures were up 12.5%.
If she’d been targeted with increasing the listening figures for her slot by 20% but only achieved 12.5% that would be a disaster. In the real world if you’re given a work target and you don’t meet it you don’t get a pat on the head and a cream bun, you get an honest conversation.
Fact is, we don’t know the context abd we’re not going to find out. I’m just glad she’s gone.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.