LBC Chit Chat #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uh oh, LBC announce Vanessa Feltz for 3 to 6pm saturday

This is going to be EPIC

#replacedbyVanessaFeltzhaha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So it was a simple case of “we don’t want you anymore Sangita, and we’re getting shot of you to bring in a bigger name… buh-bye”. No conspiracy theory just business. The lefties will be fuming at this 😆

Reactions: 4
LBC have, at last, hired Vanessa Feltz and tucked her away on Saturday afternoons; what a waste. She's lively and funny and would inject a bit of life into the schedule. Hopefully she's free to do some holiday relief as well. She'd certainly improve the 10-am-1pm slot! The other place clique are already feeling sick. 😂

• Haha
The Guardian covered-up 6 seperate sexual-harassment claims and paid 6 women to leave and sign NDA's a few years ago. Trust or not, The Guardian is a bleep of an organisation to work for and a lot of people there (not the 'little' people) ... I'm speaking specifically about some 'columnists'. They are some of the most deeply flawed and unpleasant people. I know this for a fact and I won't say more because ... well, read between the bloody lines.

Sorry for that rant ... the words 'The Guardian' triggered me. :cautious: :whistle:
I worked there for 22 years (made redundant in 2000) and it certainly wasn’t the way you chose to describe it. I still have friends who work there and whilst it isn’t perfect (which employer is?) I don’t think they would recognise your description of it.
---
So it was a simple case of “we don’t want you anymore Sangita, and we’re getting shot of you to bring in a bigger name… buh-bye”. No conspiracy theory just business. The lefties will be fuming at this 😆
In that case why not just let her finish her stint and say goodbye to her listeners rather than just suddenly make her disappear?

Reactions: 2
I worked there for 22 years (made redundant in 2000) and it certainly wasn’t the way you chose to describe it. I still have friends who work there and whilst it isn’t perfect (which employer is?) I don’t think they would recognise your description of it.
---

In that case why not just let her finish her stint and say goodbye to her listeners rather than just suddenly make her disappear?

Don't listen to LBC much do you ?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I must say I'd give LBC a listen if Vanessa is on. She seems more able to tolerate a difference of opinion and not have to get one over others like some.

The last time I heard a presenter pre-announce their departure was Jenny Eclair and how long ago will that be? 12-15 years? Even then she waited until the last minute of the last show and was obviously going against instructions no doubt on threat of not getting her fee. It just doesn’t happen. It’s not “on message” for the station and ultimately most people couldn’t give a tit because they’re not that invested to start with.

If someone like Steve Allen with his tenure doesn’t get to say goodbye, flybynights like Myska have no chance.

Ali Miraj is also now an afternoon regular in the new weekend schedule. Unfortunately Oily Dugmore is still pencilled in for early mornings.

As part of the changes, Sangita Myska is leaving the station at the end of her contract, after nearly two years with the station.
Tom Cheal added: “We’d like to thank Sangita for her fantastic contribution to LBC and we wish her every success in the future.”

Reactions: 3
The amount of lefties on Twitter saying how Sangita being replaced by Feltz isn't 'free and fair' journalism... err, LBC is a private company, darlings. It can do what it likes...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
lol “end of her contract” that’s clearly to shut the protesters up. She’s been binned.

Mixed reception for Vanessa's hiring on X/Twitter, swerving between 'brilliant' and 'boycott LBC'. One nutter has described her as 'a fanatical Zionist'. :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Haha
Hard to believe that Vanessa has signed up for just one show a week. This has to be a precursor to something more, surely? Nick F has made inferences about the fact that he still does five days a week when many don’t. I wonder if she would be getting settled in with a view to covering the Friday breakfast show? She’s sufficiently high profile for Nick’s fans not to feel too short changed.

Hard to believe that Vanessa has signed up for just one show a week. This has to be a precursor to something more, surely? Nick F has made inferences about the fact that he still does five days a week when many don’t. I wonder if she would be getting settled in with a view to covering the Friday breakfast show? She’s sufficiently high profile for Nick’s fans not to feel too short changed.
More likely she could replace the tired and stale offering being presented by LBC between 10am and 1pm on a Friday.

In the short term I doubt it will be long before Vanessa gets a Sunday slot as well.

• Haha
Steve Allen, Andrew castle, Matt Stadlen, Darren Adam, Majid Nawaz and I'm sure there's many more. They just disappear, no announcements. It's how they roll at LBC.
Listeners know this. I highly doubt Sangita will tweet about it or ever mention it when she resurfaces, it's written into the contract.

I must say I'd give LBC a listen if Vanessa is on. She seems more able to tolerate a difference of opinion and not have to get one over others like some.
I always thought Vanessa was some bored, well-off, middle-class, Jewish housewife who had a lot to say for herself. Then I discovered she gained a first-class honours degree in English at Cambridge and the rumour was that she pretty much did all of Stephen Fry's coursework too! So, I changed my opinion of her after learning that.

She's alright I suppose. Commercial Stations need 'a name' so I can see why they went for her. She'll certainly be better than Vorderman. Another plus point is that she has quite a nice speaking voice and doesn't get all shrill with callers who have a different opinion to her own.

I won't listen myself. But will be interested to hear your opinions.

Reactions: 4
Just had to go to the other dark side as I knew it would be full of bile, hate and lots of sweary words re Vanessa joining LBC. Maybe that thread will go quiet now as there is talk of a boycott. It certainly made my day. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
The amount of lefties on Twitter saying how Sangita being replaced by Feltz isn't 'free and fair' journalism... err, LBC is a private company, darlings. It can do what it likes...
Yep, because if there is one thing that this country really needs it is more right wing people in the media, darling.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.