LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nick angry about old lady stopped from feeding garden birds because it attracts rats. I have a small patio area where I have bird feeders hanging about 3/4 ft above the ground with no unwelcome visitors. I stopped scattering stale bread and cake on the ground when I spotted a couple of enormous rats! Eeeek! But no more rats.

Reactions: 1
Nick angry about old lady stopped from feeding garden birds because it attracts rats. I have a small patio area where I have bird feeders hanging about 3/4 ft above the ground with no unwelcome visitors. I stopped scattering stale bread and cake on the ground when I spotted a couple of enormous rats! Eeeek! But no more rats.
It can depend on your location Maggie, we used to hang feeders but the chaffinch, dunnocks etc were chased away by magpies & wood pigeons.
Winter is really the only time small birds need fed, as you say though putting stuff on the ground will definitely attract rats.
We have a numpties next door who throw their leftovers onto their back garden = rats spotted regularly in their garden 🤮

It can depend on your location Maggie, we used to hang feeders but the chaffinch, dunnocks etc were chased away by magpies & wood pigeons.
Winter is really the only time small birds need fed, as you say though putting stuff on the ground will definitely attract rats.
We have a numpties next door who throw their leftovers onto their back garden = rats spotted regularly in their garden 🤮
I've deterred magpies and wood pigeons with squirrel-proof nut feeders (bloody squirrels!). 'Leafy' Ealing is also plagued with parakeets and I had a pair of those as regular visitors in the summer before last. I confess I was entertained by the novelty!
---
Have to agree with Jobby this morning. I felt proud of the anti-antisemitism march yesterday. I wasn't there - my dodgy hip wouldn't have lasted - but just looking at pictures of the number and variety of people who were there gave me some hope that the country still has decency and fairness. Of course, Jobby knows the celebs who were there, although he hasn't mentioned Boris!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Have to agree with Jobby this morning. I felt proud of the anti-antisemitism march yesterday. I wasn't there - my dodgy hip wouldn't have lasted - but just looking at pictures of the number and variety of people who were there gave me some hope that the country still has decency and fairness. Of course, Jobby knows the celebs who were there, although he hasn't mentioned Boris!
If it gave people relief, I haven't a problem with it. But when it comes to marches, or protests/protest groups I'm always reminded of this quote:

“Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” ― Eric Hoffer.

I've deterred magpies and wood pigeons with squirrel-proof nut feeders (bloody squirrels!). 'Leafy' Ealing is also plagued with parakeets and I had a pair of those as regular visitors in the summer before last. I confess I was entertained by the novelty!
---
To be fair whilst Jobby may name drop the celebs, he had not voted for them like he did with Boris.

Meanwhile today's show seems to be struggling.

---

Last edited:
Did anyone here Ian Payne this morning? Just wondered how is mum is. I missed the first hour but I did hear him mention he had spent the weekend with his family and his brother. He also said on Friday that he wondered if this would be the end for his mum. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Did anyone here Ian Payne this morning? Just wondered how is mum is. I missed the first hour but I did hear him mention he had spent the weekend with his family and his brother. He also said on Friday that he wondered if this would be the end for his mum. 😢
I only heard the last hour. He's sixty so she must be in her eighties. He's a good boy - visits her every Saturday. Perhaps he hasn't mentioned it because every caller will say:sorry for your loss.

Very hard for him to do a phone- in show in these circumstances. Poor ian.

I only heard the last hour. He's sixty so she must be in her eighties. He's a good boy - visits her every Saturday. Perhaps he hasn't mentioned it because every caller will say:sorry for your loss.
I think she may even be in her 90s as I am sure I heard him say this before. He mentioned last week she was in hospital but was doing OK however towards the end of the week he was saying she was not very well at all and not eating and he was really quite worried about her. Whatever his subject was for the first hour it was humerous as he read out a message from someone saying how much they enjoyed the first hour and it really made them laugh.

I think she may even be in her 90s as I am sure I heard him say this before. He mentioned last week she was in hospital but was doing OK however towards the end of the week he was saying she was not very well at all and not eating and he was really quite worried about her. Whatever his subject was for the first hour it was humerous as he read out a message from someone saying how much they enjoyed the first hour and it really made them laugh.
He said she's been moved to some sort of recuperation unit and was doing a lot better. He said it's much quieter there. This was towards the end of last week.

Sometimes it's good to be busy and at work. I would imagine people send in supportive messages also.
Oh yes I agree. Worrying time for him and hopefully he'll get some comfort from being supported by kind and empathetic listeners.

Forgive my very bad spelling above, I cannot believe I typed "here" instead of hear 🤡

I definately nead to improove my speling to. Must of missed out at skool :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Reminiscing about getting selected for the 2nd XI team at public school, the last one to be picked, edging out a lad who's dad owned & drove the minibus.
---
"The wazzock alarm"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.