LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's deluded. Look around the rest of his beloved Europe. The Netherlands have voted in Gert Wilders. France have come close to voting in Marine Le Pen several times. Sweden are saying unrestricted immigration has been a disaster and now Ireland have had enough.

As @Ndrangheta pointed out, if the media luvvies all toned down 'on the sneering, insulting, rhetoric' and had a proper discussion about immigration we'd all be better off. There are some serious problems that no one reasonable seems willing to address. ( and I don't count Braverman or Farage as being reasonable) .
Poland is putting up razor wire fences at anticipated crossing points.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
He's deluded. Look around the rest of his beloved Europe. The Netherlands have voted in Gert Wilders. France have come close to voting in Marine Le Pen several times. Sweden are saying unrestricted immigration has been a disaster and now Ireland have had enough.
I lived in Southern/Middle Italy for 3 years just before Brexit and I can assure you, in my experience Italy is a substantially more racist country than the UK. Hence the reason why a lot of immigrants who land in Italy can't get away from the place quick enough. Not sure how that narrative fits in with the Natasha Devonshire's of the world who have convinced themselves that Britain is 'just a little island full of racists' (her quote not mine). So many broadcasters just don't seem to have lived a life outside of their small circle of like-minded friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't blame him for not being able to face another few hours of hate.

Reactions: 2
Oh bugger! LBC schedule changed - Wright in for Andrew again.
I think we should spare a thought for Andrew Castle super fan Colin from Windsor.

Every Saturday and Sunday he is up early so that he does not miss a word spoken by his former tennis hero. The thought that a signed tennis ball might be on offer and he would miss it is simply too much to bear.

Has he missed his chance to tell his hero how much he has appreciated him over the years?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Oh bugger! LBC schedule changed - Wright in for Andrew again.
I think Andrew has gone. This is classic LBC/Global behaviour. The presenter suddenly disappears and we pretend they have never existed. Maybe he's on garden leave so can't say anything yet.

I think Andrew has gone. This is classic LBC/Global behaviour. The presenter suddenly disappears and we pretend they have never existed. Maybe he's on garden leave so can't say anything yet.
I don't think he's gone. He wouldn't still be listed on the website. A presenter's photo usually vanishes straight away.

Maybe Andrew is just keeping his head down and doesn't want to get into the Israel/Palestine issue. I've always had the impression that Andrew is very much pro-Israel and maybe he feels he'll say something that will get him 'cancelled'. You know what people are like these days. bleeping sad if you ask me.

Reactions: 2
Maybe Andrew is just keeping his head down and doesn't want to get into the Israel/Palestine issue. I've always had the impression that Andrew is very much pro-Israel and maybe he feels he'll say something that will get him 'cancelled'. You know what people are like these days. bleeping sad if you ask me.
He won't be allowed to not come into work because he's uncomfortable with a topic. Plus, whenever someone is away they normal say ' Matthew Wright covering for Andrew Castle' .

He was a lot happier when he was on Smooth.

Isn't Matthew Wright doing this? I have a feeling that Andrew won't be back though but it'll be his decision.

La Myska off this weekend. Rachel Johnson saturday and Shelagh sunday, she must need the coin.

Her politics may not be as obnoxious as most on LBC, I just can't bear listening to her. It's the cloying voice that irritates

I lived in Southern/Middle Italy for 3 years just before Brexit and I can assure you, in my experience Italy is a substantially more racist country than the UK. Hence the reason why a lot of immigrants who land in Italy can't get away from the place quick enough. Not sure how that narrative fits in with the Natasha Devonshire's of the world who have convinced themselves that Britain is 'just a little island full of racists' (her quote not mine). So many broadcasters just don't seem to have lived a life outside of their small circle of like-minded friends.
I'm reminded of this, from one of my all time favourite sitcoms. I doubt if the BBC would allow it these days!

MW just introduced himself as 'in for Andrew Castle.' (Clicks off.)
The Oli bloke made me realise that James O'Bozo does actually have a personality ... Oli seems to have had a bypass in that department, who on EARTH thinks he makes good radio? Geezus wept.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.