LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gave Oli another chance this morning. After an hour of men's mental health and depression I decided I was right in my initial impression. He's a Jobby clone. He wallows in other people's misery; the soft, confidential voice; the words and jargon out of Counselling For Idiots; calling male callers 'mate'. Ugghhh! 🤮

This isn't a universal theory, it's just a theory. A lot of people who work in and/or are attracted to work in broadcast media are prone to have, or do have, mental health problems. They then think everyone else must have, so they constantly bang-on about it, day after day after day after day. Eventually, everyone starts to believe that they too have mental health issues such as depression (when they don't). Also, if the broadcaster does have mental health issues, it will make them feel slightly better about their own issues if they see other people do too (even if they have been brainwashed into believing it). Again, it's my own theory and no doubt a cock-eyed one! But I'm sticking with it. :cool:

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This isn't a universal theory, it's just a theory. A lot of people who work in and/or are attracted to work in broadcast media are prone to have, or do have, mental health problems. They then think everyone else must have, so they constantly bang-on about it, day after day after day after day. Eventually, everyone starts to believe that they too have mental health issues such as depression (when they don't). Also, if the broadcaster does have mental health issues, it will make them feel slightly better about their own issues if they see other people do too (even if they have been brainwashed into believing it). Again, it's my own theory and no doubt a cock-eyed one! But I'm sticking with it. :cool:
In other words - misery loves company. I believe a lot of psychiatrists opt for that field of study in order to solve their own problems.

Reactions: 4
In other words - misery loves company. I believe a lot of psychiatrists opt for that field of study in order to solve their own problems.
Oh, I've never heard it phrased that way. Yes, that rings true too. I do slightly disagree insofar as I believe psychiatry to be far more credible and legitimate than 'psychotherapy' which I would put in the same category as 'psychology'. I mean, I could probably get a qualification in psychology by the end of next year if I put my mind to it and trust me, you would not want to get any mental health advice from me! Actually, I'd put as much stock in astrology as I would psychology/psychotherapy ... but as a Taurean I'm natually skeptical like that. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
Oh, I've never heard it phrased that way. Yes, that rings true too. I do slightly disagree insofar as I believe psychiatry to be far more credible and legitimate than 'psychotherapy' which I would put in the same category as 'psychology'. I mean, I could probably get a qualification in psychology by the end of next year if I put my mind to it and trust me, you would not want to get any mental health advice from me! Actually, I'd put as much stock in astrology as I would psychology/psychotherapy ... but as a Taurean I'm natually skeptical like that. :ROFLMAO:
*Hi, I'm a Sagittarian.....half-man, half-horse & licenced to tit in the street.

*copyright - Billy Connolly*

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Gave Oli another chance this morning. After an hour of men's mental health and depression I decided I was right in my initial impression. He's a Jobby clone. He wallows in other people's misery; the soft, confidential voice; the words and jargon out of Counselling For Idiots; calling male callers 'mate'. Ugghhh! 🤮
James O'Brien is a prime example. He's had therapy and now thinks he's an expert, qualified to dish out advice.

Reactions: 2
Some of those listeners that text nick F with abuse are severely unhinged. Not sure what purpose it serves for him to read them out on air. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

Reactions: 2
"I usually quote Steinbeck around this time"
10.09am
😂
I turned-off soon after he started humble-bragging about his wealth. :rolleyes: Incredible how people with very little talent, who are essentially unable to do anything other than 'talk' for a living are able to earn so much. Nuts. Still, don't hate the player, hate the game ...

Jobbing literally creaming himself with the opportunity for another Boris rant

• Sick
He mustn't mock the scientifically-challenged...

There must be a word to describe this affliction...like dyscalculia re maths?

Dyschemistratia? Sounds impressive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.