LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem is, there are more and more presenters who regard callers as a bit of a hassle because they take up the valuable airtime needed for them to spout whatever self-indulgent bullshit they feel the world needs to hear.
Agreed..I do like Ali Miraj though.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ghastly Matthew Wright in again this weekend. I wonder why Andrew has disappeared. He's still listed on the LBC website as a presenter, which I doubt if he would be if he'd left.

Reactions: 3
Did anyone listen to Ian Payne discussing benefits? I was dozing but did I really hear one caller or texter saying he was getting over 100k in benefits? He did say he had been turned down 3 times but kept appealing and eventually won.

Then there were the other genuine callers some of which were heartbreaking like the man whose nephew had downs syndrome and had to be assessed each year to prove he still had the condition 😖

Reactions: 2
I suppose this would be more about assessing whether he could manage any paid work? Of course this assumes that the employer would provide the relevant support and have enough understanding of the condition to anticipate and plan for potential issues? That's a whole different ballgame which is often overlooked.

Did anyone listen to Ian Payne discussing benefits? I was dozing but did I really hear one caller or texter saying he was getting over 100k in benefits? He did say he had been turned down 3 times but kept appealing and eventually won.

Then there were the other genuine callers some of which were heartbreaking like the man whose nephew had downs syndrome and had to be assessed each year to prove he still had the condition 😖
I heard a caller who said he earned £120,000 and his wife was on £96,000 but he was still able to claim PIP because it's not means tested.

Reactions: 3
Elf is not the greatest Christmas film ever made. I think it's rather weird but I don't like Will Ferrell so I'm probably prejudiced. Home Alone just beats Die Hard by a whisker, with Gremlins third. It's a Wonderful Life is OK but too long and overrated.

Nick discussing this, so not off topic! ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Re the new benefits law and lbc discussion. It's such a small amount of money they're trying to claw back and will do more harm than good with people in genuine need having their money stopped and unable to work.
I've heard the discussions on HS2 and the massive wastes of money buying properties for clearance for 4 times their worth, employing workers who were allowed to WFH days at a time, diversity initiatives given priority over the productivity. I heard stories from callers who worked on it saying these things.
Can the state do any more to kill off the population? I bet they're thinking it will solve the NHS waiting list crisis, they'll die, problem solved :cautious:

Reactions: 6
While they are waiting to die they will be offered CBT....the one size fits-all cure for all ills :mad:

• Wow
I see the clique from DS LBC who migrated to the GB News thread have now taken up residence on the I'm a Celebrity thread, usually a quite light and happy section to discuss the programme. We've had one comparing Farage going in to the 1936 Berlin Olympics. They've just ruined it for the regulars there as they parade their untrammelled hate for Farage

• Sad
  • Wow
I see the clique from DS LBC who migrated to the GB News thread have now taken up residence on the I'm a Celebrity thread, usually a quite light and happy section to discuss the programme. We've had one comparing Farage going in to the 1936 Berlin Olympics. They've just ruined it for the regulars there as they parade their untrammelled hate for Farage
I don't really know the ins-and-outs of all this, but a few weeks back the GB News thread did get a bit odd with some seemingly deliberate comments designed to goad and provoke from a couple of users (I had my suspicious it was the same person using two accounts). Some people are WEIRD.

Butt-sniff fest with London Mayor, now Jimbo's talking about sticking pins in balloons & entertaining kids at parties - "The Great Jimbo" conjuring act.
Defecating
Mother Hubbard's Cupboard
UKIP
47 kids
Christmas was cancelled yesterday
He seems unhinged.

Reactions: 1
Butt-sniff fest with London Mayor, now Jimbo's talking about sticking pins in balloons & entertaining kids at parties - "The Great Jimbo" conjuring act.
Defecating
Mother Hubbard's Cupboard
UKIP
47 kids
Christmas was cancelled yesterday
He seems unhinged.
I managed about 10 minutes. I'm hoping Corbyn stands as an Independent in the mayoral elections. He'll split the Labour vote and Khan will be kicked out. I'm not keen on the Tory candidate but anything would be better than smug Sadiq.

I managed about 10 minutes. I'm hoping Corbyn stands as an Independent in the mayoral elections. He'll split the Labour vote and Khan will be kicked out. I'm not keen on the Tory candidate but anything would be better than smug Sadiq.
Susan Hall is awful, thick as 2 short, someone like Rory Stewart should run, intelligent, calm & moderate.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.