LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Butt-sniff fest with London Mayor, now Jimbo's talking about sticking pins in balloons & entertaining kids at parties - "The Great Jimbo" conjuring act.
Sadiq is pretty much the only credible political figure Jimbo can get on for a prolonged time, so he has to sniff butt as you put it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I see the clique from DS LBC who migrated to the GB News thread have now taken up residence on the I'm a Celebrity thread, usually a quite light and happy section to discuss the programme. We've had one comparing Farage going in to the 1936 Berlin Olympics. They've just ruined it for the regulars there as they parade their untrammelled hate for Farage
Why don't they stay over there? They must have banned so many people there's no one argue with :(
Those kind of people hate that other people have different opinions, they just can't process that fact.
Say whatever you want over on any thread and pop those weirdos on ignore. You have to do that or they'll just stay here and spread their misery until everyone's gone. They will never accept Nigel farage is an easy going chap and has many high profile friends who all say he's a nice person, even when they see it with their own eyes because hatred gives them a buzz.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I heard a caller who said he earned £120,000 and his wife was on £96,000 but he was still able to claim PIP because it's not means tested.
I wondered if the caller was on a bit of a wind up, a radio troll, especially when he said if he didn't claim it it would go to the boat people which isn't even true!
---
Why don't they stay over there? They must have banned so many people there's no one argue with :(
Those kind of people hate that other people have different opinions, they just can't process that fact.
Say whatever you want over on any thread and pop those weirdos on ignore. You have to do that or they'll just stay here and spread their misery until everyone's gone. They will never accept Nigel farage is an easy going chap and has many high profile friends who all say he's a nice person, even when they see it with their own eyes because hatred gives them a buzz.
Personalities like Farage will always divide, it's either love or hate with little inbetween. But whether people like his views or not he is entitled to express them - that is the essence of free speech. But that strange breed on the dark side - the always right brigade - countenance no view apart from their own. Which is probably why they spend most of their time arguing with themselves!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
If only I could get on there. Got banned for something the mods literally made up on the spot. Suspect there were a few of the clique synchronising their complaints.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
If only I could get on there. Got banned for something the mods literally made up on the spot. Suspect there were a few of the clique synchronising their complaints.
That's so tit that they're already getting leverage over here. Thought they'd be shut down before they start their bollocks :( they don't even fit in on tattle with free speech and all. They'll just want to take it over like DS and live happily ever after in their echo chamber :sleep: that way they can live with the fantasy that they control people's thoughts and everyone agrees with their verbal diarrhoea 💩

I would not worry about it too much. Some of us came to the conclusion that one or more of them had to be a mod on the DS LBC board.

Two of them continuously trolled me for ages. It was on the Reginald Perrin line of "Super" and "Great" which presumably made them older as younger people would not even know that. Nothing was done.

Then there was an older woman on the thread who said during the Covid panic that she went to bed afraid. So what did those clowns do? Yes they ramped up the fear "we are all going to die" posts.

They are really nasty pieces of work.....

I don't really know the ins-and-outs of all this, but a few weeks back the GB News thread did get a bit odd with some seemingly deliberate comments designed to goad and provoke from a couple of users (I had my suspicious it was the same person using two accounts). Some people are WEIRD.
The DS lot we are referring to are a weird bunch. It's like they scour the forums looking for trouble. I never understand it myself.

I learned something today I didn't need to know ... Ian Payne lost his virginity in Staines. I thought Steve Allen was an over sharer 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Nick Abbot's show is dire tonight, there hasn't been a call in nearly 30 minutes, he's just waffling on, Boris Johnson, Twitter, Rwanda....blah blah
Dreadful, ladies & gentlemen, dreadful.

It's utter cut and paste drivel. Incredible that Steve was terminated while this one trick pony drones on and on and on

Reactions: 4
It's utter cut and paste drivel.
Like most of the so-called 'mainstream media'. From a philosophical point of view it's interesting to watch its decline in realtime, but from an entertainment point of view it's bleeping dire to have to live through.

Reactions: 2
At least no droning Oli or simpering Marina to torment us this morning..I hope Andrew Castle is just taking a breather and not ill? I've always thought he is a pretty decent man and was concerned by his reaction to the personal attacks he was getting from fired up listeners.

At least no droning Oli or simpering Marina to torment us this morning..I hope Andrew Castle is just taking a breather and not ill? I've always thought he is a pretty decent man and was concerned by his reaction to the personal attacks he was getting from fired up listeners.
I agree, but if you've spent your life living in a metropolitan luvvie bubble, hearing views counter to your own can be quite jarring. Plus Andrew might not like abuse hurled at him online unlike O'Brien who positively invites it, feeds off it, and needs it to fuel his obvious self-loathing.

I gritted my teeth and listened to the start of the show to see if MW would say he was sitting in for Andrew. He did. I hope it's not a health problem or, at least, not something bad.

It certainly helps if you're like O'Brien and delight in getting a reaction.

Colin from Windsor must be in a desperate state as he never misses a minute of Andrew's show. He will be wishing now that he had summoned up the courage to ask for a signed tennis ball.

• Haha
Gave Oli another chance this morning. After an hour of men's mental health and depression I decided I was right in my initial impression. He's a Jobby clone. He wallows in other people's misery; the soft, confidential voice; the words and jargon out of Counselling For Idiots; calling male callers 'mate'. Ugghhh! 🤮

Absolutely, Maggie! Agony Uncle Oli at the helm wanting tormented people to reach out and share their stories with the nation. Time To Talk and all that..
I can't stand all the platitudes and buzzwords. I can't stand hearing about all the services which are out there....somewhere (but sadly not in "your" area, mate).
I just try and avoid all this public misery.

I've nothing against on-air counselling but in a designated programme, with an expert, not some deluded amateur. And not first thing in the morning.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.