LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are ex pms allowed to become pm again? :unsure:
Actually the man now considered to be the first prime minister did although Sir Robert Walpole's formal title was First Lord of the Treasury back then ( that title remains for the PM)

He also was previously imprisoned in the Tower of London for corruption so there is potential hope for quite a few....

Reactions: 2
Jobby must be delighted that Esther McVeigh is back in the spotlight. He'd lost Nadine and Suella as targets for his misogynistic, Tory-hating sniping but, huzzah, here's their replacement.

I was finding myself getting frustrated with Ian Payne this morning. I really wish he would actually listen to his callers. The subject was Homelessness (a relief away from Suella and Israel/Gaza) and Ian cannot accept that for some people their homelessness is actually their choice. Numerous callers and texters giving stories of cases where homeless people have tried to be helped and have rejected that help for whatever reason.

A lady called in explaining her brother had been homeless for years and the family had tried to help him so many times, he had been in rehab three times but he was an addict and just kept falling back into the addiction lifestyle. The lady started the call saying her brother was in his 40s and was addicted to heroin. Ian then asks her how old is your brother and what is he addicted to :confused:

I caught a bit of Oli Dugmore at the weekend (unfortunately) and was getting increasingly annoyed at whenever a caller was put through, there was a constant tapping right down the microphone as though he was texting on his phone. I wonder if Ian does something similar and cannot multi task as in read tweets/text and listen to callers at the same time.

Reactions: 3
My blackout didn't last long ... I just heard James try to goad a young Jewish Tory supporter (Josh) into an argument and failing miserably. :ROFLMAO: I had to turn off because I just know after the break he will have gathered himself to issue some demeaning put-down toward Josh as he will be unable to reply. That's a classic Jimbo tactic.

Reactions: 4
My blackout didn't last long ... I just heard James try to goad a young Jewish Tory supporter (Josh) into an argument and failing miserably. :ROFLMAO: I had to turn off because I just know after the break he will have gathered himself to issue some demeaning put-down toward Josh as he will be unable to reply. That's a classic Jimbo tactic.
The real issue that will be gnawing away at James is the fact that yet another posh boy has swept scandal aside and returned as Foreign Secretary.

The new career for David Cameron the new Earl of Greensill will remind James of the days when his face was pushed down in the mud on the rugger pitch with the last thing he saw being his girlfriend heading off with one of the posh boys.

• Haha
I think Josh played a blinder....I hope he was a prank caller. Jobbie can't cope with a goad refusenik whether it's down to tactics or naivety. He's nothing but an arrogant bully trying to conceal his shortcomings.

I think Josh played a blinder....I hope he was a prank caller. Jobbie can't cope with a goad refusenik whether it's down to tactics or naivety. He's nothing but an arrogant bully trying to conceal his shortcomings.
Why do you hope he was a prank caller? It's funny, because that did cross my mind too. When 'Josh' was asked what his religion was and he said Jewish I did chuckle ...

Reactions: 1
Why do you hope he was a prank caller? It's funny, because that did cross my mind too. When 'Josh' was asked what his religion was and he said Jewish I did chuckle ...
My first thought was that he was neurodiverse and not picking up on Jobbie's digs but in retrospect maybe he was just very canny and playing the innocent against the nasty barbs. Being non- reactive to counter Jobbie's desire to be clever and all conquering?

Suella's really an ugly person in all respects in my opinion. I feel sorry for her children. Her husband knew what he was taking on.

Just played that back and you could hear the cogs whirring round in JOB's brain. Not sure how far to take his usual snidery after someone had said they were jewish. Did the childish laugh, tried to humiliate by homing in on a couple of points. The lad played a straight back and in the end he backed off

• Heart
Enough about the war so let's get back to me,me,me..

" While absolutely nothing compared to the suffering of those directly affected by the Israel-Hamas war, it’s been a turbulent few weeks for some journalists on X. To all of you who support us as we are targeted by right wing politicians & far right groups… Thank you "

• Sick
Did the childish laugh, tried to humiliate by homing in on a couple of points.
And talked-over him as he was speaking, trying to put him off. Desperately trying to create a 'scene' that would go viral on social media. God, it's so bleeping desperate sometimes. The pyschopathy of a person like Jimbo is quite disturbing when you stop and actually think about it.

Reactions: 1
Keith must have instructions re vetting callers. I suppose the trick is to be sycophantic when screened by the call handlers in order to pass the test for "access"..Or else to be up for a fight. I'd choose a quietly passive yet precisely targeted approach...like voltarol gel.

Last edited:
And talked-over him as he was speaking, trying to put him off. Desperately trying to create a 'scene' that would go viral on social media. God, it's so bleeping desperate sometimes. The pyschopathy of a person like Jimbo is quite disturbing when you stop and actually think about it.
He appears not to realise, or possibly not to care, that his insistence on refusing to consider any view other than his own alienates those who don't share it. He could have become a regular on Newsnight had he toned down his obvious bias on certain topics, and flounced off because they wouldn't let him air that bias. He's a loose cannon who will never get the fame and fortune he obviously desires until he learns to listen.

Keith must have instructions re vetting callers. I suppose the trick is to be sycophantic when screened by the call handlers in order to pass the test for "access"..Or else to be up for a fight. I'd choose a quietly passive yet precisely targeted approach...like voltarol gel.
I'm sure I've heard Jimbo call-out/mock someone in the past because they were reading statistics or quotes from something in order to counter his narrative. Ringing-in with a cogent argument using verifiable facts and figures is NOT the type of caller that is appreciated. :ROFLMAO:

Jobby is talking about how respectful he is to women. o_O 😲:ROFLMAO:
Another example of delusion. A bit like him being weirdly boastful or somehow proud of 'inventing' the 'term', 'Footballification'. Which is just another (rather odd word) for 'Tribalism'. Why not just use the word 'Tribalism'? Everyone else does. :rolleyes:

Enough about the war so let's get back to me,me,me..

" While absolutely nothing compared to the suffering of those directly affected by the Israel-Hamas war, it’s been a turbulent few weeks for some journalists on X. To all of you who support us as we are targeted by right wing politicians & far right groups… Thank you "

Between her 'suffering' and James referring to his book every 5 minutes to prove how right he is, it's no wonder I listen less and less. The caliber of current presenters is dreadful.

Between her 'suffering' and James referring to his book every 5 minutes to prove how right he is, it's no wonder I listen less and less. The caliber of current presenters is dreadful.
The problem is, there are more and more presenters who regard callers as a bit of a hassle because they take up the valuable airtime needed for them to spout whatever self-indulgent bullshit they feel the world needs to hear.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.