LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That always makes me laugh, Maggie! I like Ian in the mornings. Steve fans, please don't hate me, I loved Steve too! But I think Ian is doing a fine job and the first two hours tend to be lighter subjects, the final hour being a more newsy run in to the main breakfast show. Taking over from a revered legend like Steve Allen must have been tough for him, they were also colleagues.
I've never minded Ian Payne and he's probably a good compromise between Steve's show and a news driven one. The only thing when he first did that slot was that he could get a bit maudlin but I take it he's not as bad now.

It's weird listening to the Nick Abbot Habit podcast and how many times he mentions Steve. Still find it weird he's not on the air anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Maybe old photos are quite aging, but these two in my head like this thesedays. I don't think nickers has been photographed for a long time

Screenshot_20230823_203330_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We're spotlighting many of the volunteers that make The Magic Circle Foundation (our charity) and the worlds best Club work! Lots of our pics are done by Mark, who you can see here with Sarah who hosts and shows our guests around our club! Thank you.

bWVkaWEvRjRPaklfS1dVQUFEcjVqLmpwZw==.jpg

LBC needs a massive shake-up. Maybe even a re-launch, with a new logo. Entries welcome. 😬
Loving Britain's Chaos now..but after next year's election how can the present air of gleeful malaise/ Tory bashing survive?
---
LBC needs a massive shake-up. Maybe even a re-launch, with a new logo. Entries welcome. 😬
Loving Britain's Chaos now..but after next year's election how can the present air of gleeful malaise/ Tory bashing survive?

Is Ian Payne's show made into a podcast? I used to listen to Steve's morning show at night to get me off to sleep and I miss that.

Reactions: 1
I hear the Spice Girls are making a new movie, please don’t, my heart might not cope.

• Haha
Just renewed my car insurance, blimey how much higher can it go!! What with that and all the bills it’s an expensive time just to live!!

Is Ian Payne's show made into a podcast? I used to listen to Steve's morning show at night to get me off to sleep and I miss that.
You can listen again in the app, AngryMuchkin - just go to "Schedules and Catch Up" and scroll to the edition you want to play back.

I sometimes listen to Ian's show at breakfast when the incumbent breakfast show presenter is doing my head in :ROFLMAO:! No disrespects to Nick Ferrari who is top notch at his job, but I can only take him in small doses.

I'm enjoying Tom Swarbrick this week. He does just as good a job as Nick but without all the Smart Alec stuff.

Reactions: 3
Just renewed my car insurance, blimey how much higher can it go!! What with that and all the bills it’s an expensive time just to live!!

I feel Steve's pain !! I was doing mine last night and and it's more than doubled ... for absolutely no reason! No changes in car, location, offences, accidents ... bloody disgrace.

Well, well , well ... look what turned-up, a photo from Carl Beech's wedding day ... ;)

jobcarl1.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
It's a bit away yet, but I wonder how LBC are going to do Christmas and New Year without Steve ? The only upside is that we won't have to suffer the weirdos elsewhere working themselves into a frenzy on him not taking phone calls :rolleyes:., but they're surely going to need someone to do light and breezy stuff over the holidays ?

Team talk time!

It would be nice to have some more contributors to this thread.

I found Tattle Life because someone namedropped it in the place that shall not be named so I crossed the floor.

If anyone is still a member there, perhaps an occasional subtle plug might bring in some new faces? Just subtle and occasional.

I can't do it myself afraid because I made a point of asking the mods at the other place to close my account when I complained about the cesspit of abuse their forum had become.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.