LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tattle isn’t accepting new members at the mo, so it’s probably best to hold back on that until they are.

Reactions: 1
Team talk time!

It would be nice to have some more contributors to this thread.

I found Tattle Life because someone namedropped it in the place that shall not be named so I crossed the floor.

If anyone is still a member there, perhaps an occasional subtle plug might bring in some new faces? Just subtle and occasional.

I can't do it myself afraid because I made a point of asking the mods at the other place to close my account when I complained about the cesspit of abuse their forum had become.
Best not to bother Phil, one or two from the digital cesspit occasionally pop in as it is.
If anything this thread is doing ok, I haven't contributed as much since Steve left as he was a big part of my LBC listening routine & I find myself switching LBC off most of the time these days, same depressing topics with every presenter.
Global really need to introduce more variety, movies/books/tv reviews, anything, or the bubble will burst for them, in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Global really need to introduce more variety, movies/books/tv reviews, anything, or the bubble will burst for them, in my opinion.
James could do a version of 'Our Tune' ... where every sad story is related to how Brexit ruined someone's life.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Team talk time!

It would be nice to have some more contributors to this thread.

I found Tattle Life because someone namedropped it in the place that shall not be named so I crossed the floor.

If anyone is still a member there, perhaps an occasional subtle plug might bring in some new faces? Just subtle and occasional.

I can't do it myself afraid because I made a point of asking the mods at the other place to close my account when I complained about the cesspit of abuse their forum had become.

That's exactly what I did.

I didn't know Tattle had restricted membership. I feel very honoured. 🤣
---
It's a bit away yet, but I wonder how LBC are going to do Christmas and New Year without Steve ? The only upside is that we won't have to suffer the weirdos elsewhere working themselves into a frenzy on him not taking phone calls :rolleyes:., but they're surely going to need someone to do light and breezy stuff over the holidays ?
We'll probably get Iain Payne talking about assisted suicide or being alone on Christmas day or something cheery.

It will be a tricky one because Steve was always happy to do Christmas mornings. Maybe Nick Ferrari will do a couple of hours ... NOT!

At least we know Nick A will be doing A-Z.

Reactions: 2
Marina Purkiss will be available no doubt..Christmas Day live from the Bibby Stockholm

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Marina Purkiss will be available no doubt..Christmas Day live from the Bibby Stockholm

She's got two young children, you'd think a normal person would want to spend Christmas day with them. Then you remember that this is the creature who couldn't even let what should be the announcement of joyous news about the birth of a child pass without spewing some bile

Marina Purkiss on X: "I’ve just given birth to my second child… I’m up to my eyeballs on drugs that make me love everyone …and I still detest the Tory government." / X (twitter.com)

I've quite enjoyed having Tom do the breakfast show this week. Ian P. doing it on Monday. 😊 Jobby clone Oli Something? doing 4-7am over the weekend. 🤮🤮🤮
---
You're lucky to have survived long enough to have had the choice. I think most of us here got the Order of the Boot! :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I've quite enjoyed having Tom do the breakfast show this week. Ian P. doing it on Monday. 😊 Jobby clone Oli Something? doing 4-7am over the weekend. 🤮🤮🤮
---

You're lucky to have survived long enough to have had the choice. I think most of us here got the Order of the Boot! :LOL:
One of the harpies actually posted this,

'Because the left is more liberal than the right they talk to or about some without dragging up a persons politics but for those on the right they remind people where someone they disagree is coming from, even though it is irrelevant'

From someone off a forum where any presenter's connection to the Tories, however tenuous, is mentioned all day, every day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. Staggering lack of self awareness, but it's what you get when you never leave your echo chamber.

Regular caller Ranjit from Oldbury on with Nick now, like clockwork, every show.
Saveloy & chips please Ranj
The Welsh bloke will be on shortly, then maybe Sophie.
If Ranjit can be on every show why can't crazy Ken the Scottish bible thumper? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Regular caller Ranjit from Oldbury on with Nick now, like clockwork, every show.
Saveloy & chips please Ranj
The Welsh bloke will be on shortly, then maybe Sophie.
If Ranjit can be on every show why can't crazy Ken the Scottish bible thumper? 😁

I don't think Nick could take it anymore. Him and Brian don't get on air these days.

I don't think Nick could take it anymore. Him and Brian don't get on air these days.
I found them entertaining, more nuts on the phonelines please Abbot.
---
Adam from Westminster was good value too, he grew more angry the longer his call lasted.

---

Count me in as having got the order of the boot.

The only time I miss DS is when other threads there are relevant. For example the athletics one at the moment.

She's got two young children, you'd think a normal person would want to spend Christmas day with them. Then you remember that this is the creature who couldn't even let what should be the announcement of joyous news about the birth of a child pass without spewing some bile

Marina Purkiss on X: "I’ve just given birth to my second child… I’m up to my eyeballs on drugs that make me love everyone …and I still detest the Tory government." / X (twitter.com)
She'll probably be quaffing champagne at one of Boris' Christmas "gatherings" this year. She's fake as hell I reckon.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That is tragic. To be so attention seeking to post on Twitter when you've just had a baby about your hatred for the government.

Reactions: 5
How's about James O'Brien's Alternative Christmas Show? On the lines of Channel 4's alternative Queen's speech.

"LBC's James O'Brien cheers the nation with discussions on how not to murder the in-laws at the Christmas table, an in depth analysis of how big the credit bill will be next month - you'll be sure to choke on your Brussels when you hear what he was to say. And finally a special hour for the kids exposing Santa as a fake."

• Haha
There was a show a couple of weeks ago were I think Nick thought he'd lost control of the show there were so many nutty callers. 🤣
I posted this ☝ before I had listened to last night's show ... I have now listened to last night and have to say it was as mad as that one. Nick really does get some weirdo's phone in. Must be a nightmare though as he had one caller that sounded very reasonable and normal then apparently went into 'builders language'. Nick really has to be on his toes during his shows.🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.