LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was on GB News for a bit, if she was an ice cream she'd be licking herself. Always looked like she had smokers teeth

• Haha
Reactions: 1
She was on GB News for a bit, if she was an ice cream she'd be licking herself. Always looked like she had smokers teeth
On TalkTV as a guest sometimes. Plus I think she's in one of these new right-wing parties. Too much time on her hands I think ... Oh, and had a 'my boyfriend shared naked photo's online' story at one point. :rolleyes: She'll have a stalker next, you watch.

That Alex Phillips woman is a bunny boiler if ever I saw one. I've never really considered London as representative of England if I'm honest (I'm a Londoner) ... it's more of a country in it's own right, a sort of city-state. So I don't really know what she's on about, unless she's just trying to stir-up something hateful. And that wouldn't be like Miss Phillips at all. :eek: ps. Her avatar. :LOL:
I am no particular fan of her and I am sure many think the same. But the issue here is that Matt Stadlen will have thought she would be easy pickings and he could make himself look clever. Whereas it was him under fire.

It is so often like that for him.

Reactions: 2
I am no particular fan of her and I am sure many think the same. But the issue here is that Matt Stadlen will have thought she would be easy pickings and he could make himself look clever. Whereas it was him under fire.

It is so often like that for him.
AAh, I see. He's a bit of a twit in other words. :LOL:

Christ ... anyone listening to this 'debate' about the RNLI ? :rolleyes: Bring back Steve FOR FUCKS SAKE. (I know it's not happening ... but really).

• Heart
Christ ... anyone listening to this 'debate' about the RNLI ? :rolleyes: Bring back Steve FOR FUCKS SAKE. (I know it's not happening ... but really).
Why hasn't Steve gone to another station? He would bring quite an audience to the early morning show...

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Why hasn't Steve gone to another station? He would bring quite an audience to the early morning show...
Maybe he doesn't want to. He'd been at LBC a long time and was pretty cosseted there. I would imagine the thought of him turning up at a new studio where no one knew him would freak him out a bit. He's not one for change. It's a shame. He'd probably do very well somewhere like Boom.

At his age and in his state of health he's not exactly reliable. And I doubt if he'd get a team of staff who'd nurse him through the show the way the boys did at LBC.
---
Iain back next week. Perhaps the schedule will settle down and we won't be in danger of waking up to Marina Purkiss, although he'll be off to Edinburgh for a couple of weeks in August.

Last edited:
Perhaps the schedule will settle down and we won't be in danger of waking up to Marina Purkiss,
She is beyond dreadful. I have no idea who she is supposed to appeal to. I think I'd be better and I have no broadcasting experience.

Nigel Farage won Best News Presenter at the TRIC awards, beating Piers Morgan amoung others. :LOL: Poor James.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Marr graces us with an hour but even then shoehorns in a repeat of an interview he'd done earlier in the show ( Tory bashing naturally)

This TRIC award thing ... Best Radio Presenter: Julia Hartley-Brewer. James was nominated. Oh dear.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This TRIC award thing ... Best Radio Presenter: Julia Hartley-Brewer. James was nominated. Oh dear.
At least he can lay into Matt Hancock tomorrow. Also Trump. PMQs as well. He'll need plenty of adoring callers though to bolster his insecurity.

Dipped back into a Steve podcast from 27th June 2011 (actually might have been 2012, it was late) and the first 15 minutes of him and Cristo chatting away merrily to each other. Happier days for them both back then

Apologies for not posting more LBC current stuff, but I barely listen, just put on Brazier and the topic for this hour is assisted suicide, 11pm is back pain..... Time to get the Steve podcast time machine fired up

Reactions: 4
Nigel Farage won Best News Presenter at the TRIC awards, beating Piers Morgan amoung others. :LOL: Poor James.
I bet James is presently to be found necking Grey Goose vodka from the bottle.

If those at the LBC news room have a sense of fun they will leave all the papers open at the page showing Farage's victory when James arrives.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.