LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I right in thinking that Ian Payne used to do the football commentary on LBC back in the day when live matches were broadcast? When it was a London station?

Am I right in thinking that Ian Payne used to do the football commentary on LBC back in the day when live matches were broadcast? When it was a London station?
He used to do sports reports on Sky Sports a few years back, not sure if he did them for LBC.

Reactions: 1
LBC used to have a programme called scores on a Saturday afternoon. It followed the football scores and there were updates rather than outright commentary. Ian used to present it and it was some time ago as then most of the matches were at 3pm on a Saturday.

I forget now if it was LBC or LBC News that had it.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the info...Not sure why I thought LBC had live London football many years ago but I definitely remember Ian Payne.

Ahh, I like Ian Pyane, he is just honest about his life and what has being going on and engaging with callers

Reactions: 3
Have I got news for you !

BBC insiders have insisted that Clive Myrie’s absence from presenting News at Ten last Friday was “simply about the scheduling and the optics”.

According to The Times, Myrie was stood down from the slot immediately after his hosting of Have I Got News for You over fears of an anti-Tory bias. He was replaced by Jane Hill after chief content officer Charlotte Moore raised concerns over impartiality.

The BBC confirmed there was a shift swap between Myrie and Hill but declined to comment on who was responsible for the decision.

Myrie made several scripted jokes about the Tory party during his fourth hosting of the 9pm satirical panel show.

In one such joke Myrie said: “After being found by the House of Commons committee to have lied repeatedly, Boris Johnson takes the opportunity to deny that he’s ever been jogging or has a dog”, as film was shown of Johnson running with his dog.

An insider told The Times the decision was made over concerns about Myrie doing two “very different types of programme” back-to-back, adding that “there was possibly a bit of over-caution, which felt a bit over the top to most people in news.”

“It was a tonal thing rather than due to anyone being overly anxious,” added an unnamed BBC executive.

Today, a BBC source said: “The decision was simply about the scheduling and the optics of having the same presenter on the news straight after a satirical show.”

The move has led to a flurry of commentary on social media site Twitter.

LBC presenter James O’Brien tweeted: “The decision to pull Clive Myrie from News At Ten because he’d been hilarious on Have I Got News For You earlier the same evening is important.

“It shows how successfully vicious right-wing papers have cowed BBC executives in to making decisions based on fear of being attacked.”

I really don't know what J O'B is going on about. It would be strange having just been on a satrical show, joking with others, and then reading the serious
10pm news. So I agree separating the two is quite sensible.

Oh I think that's a given. BBC is just another thing James hates. He's writing a book about it you know, "All the things I hate" ... it'll never get finished.
James has hated the BBC ever since he got the boot from Newsnight.

Looking at today's date James will already be foaming at the mouth at the prospect of today's hot topics up for "discussion"

Idiots Corner could well be standing room only come 1pm The new oeuvre will gain a good few pages over the weekend, I reckon.

Looking at today's date James will already be foaming at the mouth at the prospect of today's hot topics up for "discussion"

Idiots Corner could well be standing room only come 1pm The new oeuvre will gain a good few pages over the weekend, I reckon.
Sorry ... can you explain it to the hard of thinking over here ... what do you mean?

Ferrari is in one of his weird moods this morning, mumbling, telling crap anecdotes & having a boner over Elton John/Reg Dwight
:rolleyes:

Click on. Aaah ... mocking people who weren't afforded the same level of education as James. How nice. Click off.

Reactions: 2
The last couple of days have proved to me that the most boring topic for discussion is mortgages. The more I've heard over the years the more grateful I am that we never attempted to burden ourselves with one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.