LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His poor wife.....I can only hope that he is self-imploding in a self-contained shed on the family's rental executive complex. Maybe he is enjoying the tomatoes at least?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This was the first time I have looked at Twitter since the rebranding. I thought I was connected to an ITV Channel !!

X to me signifies they can't think of a name - surely somebody must be able to think up something - Radio X (noisy rubbish music!) ITVX (programmes you had forgotten and wished they had stayed forgotten!) Twitter 'X ' - (Mr Musk has run out of ideas!. Mr X (somebody famous who has done something wrong and doesn't want everyone knowing about it!).

• Haha
Looks like he is trying to weasel his way back into front line politics.
Speaking of weasels I heard a rumour that if (when) Labour win the next election Michael Gove is going to leave the Tory Party and Join Labour as a key 'advisor'!? o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Speaking of weasels I heard a rumour that if (when) Labour win the next election Michael Gove is going to leave the Tory Party and Join Labour as a key 'advisor'!? o_O
Gove is on with Nick Ferrari shortly, now is your big chance to phone in & ask him if there's any truth in that rumour 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Gove is on with Nick Ferrari shortly, now is your big chance to phone in & ask him if there's any truth in that rumour 😁
It'll be the typical Govian response ... "Eeerrrr, ummmmm, ummm". Very strange man is Gove. I don't think he's inherently evil, just a bit odd.

Reactions: 3
It'll be the typical Govian response ... "Eeerrrr, ummmmm, ummm". Very strange man is Gove. I don't think he's inherently evil, just a bit odd.
Almost certain he inserts love eggs before a media interview, maybe even sniffs poppers too.

• Haha
This was the first time I have looked at Twitter since the rebranding. I thought I was connected to an ITV Channel !!

X to me signifies they can't think of a name - surely somebody must be able to think up something - Radio X (noisy rubbish music!) ITVX (programmes you had forgotten and wished they had stayed forgotten!) Twitter 'X ' - (Mr Musk has run out of ideas!. Mr X (somebody famous who has done something wrong and doesn't want everyone knowing about it!).

Has twitter now got the X factor though? Will Musk now be known forevermore as Elon X ?Sounds a bit like a haemorrhoid cream?

• Haha
Has twitter now got the X factor though? Will Musk now be known forevermore as Elon X ?Sounds a bit like a haemorrhoid cream?
Change is necessary but not simply for the sake of it. What had Musk against the little blue bird? The stylised X looks vaguely sinister. My current beef is the changes to University Challenge. It now has a set that looks like a Saturday night game-show and a monosyllabic host who never raises his eyes from the screen on which the Qs and As are written.

Sorry - off topic.
---
They're welcome to him!

Change is necessary but not simply for the sake of it. What had Musk against the little blue bird? The stylised X looks vaguely sinister. My current beef is the changes to University Challenge. It now has a set that looks like a Saturday night game-show and a monosyllabic host who never raises his eyes from the screen on which the Qs and As are written.

Sorry - off topic.
---

They're welcome to him!
There will never be another Bamber Gascoigne..

• Heart
Good to see that Nick Ferrari still gets the big interviews. With Steve Allen no longer at LBC it needs even more drive from Nick.

Good to see that Nick Ferrari still gets the big interviews. With Steve Allen no longer at LBC it needs even more drive from Nick.
I think Nick is the most important on-air personality at LBC and arguably the best broadcaster they have in general. Would that be a fair statement? That said, he probably doesn't appeal to anyone under about 35, which might be a bit of a problem.

I think Nick is the most important on-air personality at LBC and arguably the best broadcaster they have in general. Would that be a fair statement? That said, he probably doesn't appeal to anyone under about 35, which might be a bit of a problem.

No he won't but at the moment he's got the most visible presence of any of the old skool LBC presenters. He regularly pops up on TV and has a newspaper column. It's his radio interviews that appear on the main stream news outlets. James O'Brien just makes a lot of noise and writes self indulgent books.

I don't see it as a problem for LBC tbh. I can't see him hanging around for many more years. I see him as the type to retire to his place in the South of France and just do his column. He'll give up the early mornings at some time.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.