LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just put Farage on GB News ... duck me he's milking this for all it's worth. :LOL: This could be a Ratners moment for Natwest.

Reactions: 2
At least Farage banks in this country and, presumably, pays appropriate tax on his earnings, unlike all the showbiz types, sportsmen, entrepreneurs etc. who stash their loot in offshore accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
LOL ... Talk TV just called this Coutt's banking fiasco a 'Ratner moment' ... we see you, we see you!! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not quite ... he is with Royal Bank of Scotland and was allowed to use Coutts' facilities. I think he just liked people thinking he banked there. :ROFLMAO:
That is sooooo Steve, bless him. We still miss our 4am spike!
---
At least Farage banks in this country and, presumably, pays appropriate tax on his earnings, unlike all the showbiz types, sportsmen, entrepreneurs etc. who stash their loot in offshore accounts.
Very good point, Maggie. This story won't affect those of wealth who bank and/or pay their taxes offshore.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well, fair play to Sopel. Or was he facing legal action if he didn't? :LOL: Prat. Is the Sopel apology published anywhere? God, it would have been delicious if Jobby had to apologize. I just read Simon Jack the BBC biz and finanace correspondence hasn't replied yet to Farage who told him to 'change his story'. He's on over 200k, seems quite a lot for someone you barely ever see on screen and who published a story without first getting all the facts ... quite an important thing to do if you're a journalist.
If Sopel has a cat or dog it might be best for them to stay elsewhere for a couple of days as he will ne even angrier than usual.

Reactions: 2
If Sopel has a cat or dog it might be best for them to stay elsewhere for a couple of days as he will ne even angrier than usual.

I see Sopel got a dig in at the BBC. These ex-BBC people really are a bitter bunch. I do think though that Sopel is a bit of a pantomime character, like Farage ... they love all this drama. Hard to say if Sopel is really that bothered and would probably quite happily interview Farage and engage in some bantz. Hard to see angry old O'brien doing that, he seems incapable (or acts that way) of holding any sort of grown-up interview with someone whose politics don't satisfy his sensibilities. He's weird like that.

Reactions: 3
I see Sopel got a dig in at the BBC. These ex-BBC people really are a bitter bunch. I do think though that Sopel is a bit of a pantomime character, like Farage ... they love all this drama. Hard to say if Sopel is really that bothered and would probably quite happily interview Farage and engage in some bantz. Hard to see angry old O'brien doing that, he seems incapable (or acts that way) of holding any sort of grown-up interview with someone whose politics don't satisfy his sensibilities. He's weird like that.
Jobby is too arrogant and stuck up his own arse to admit he was wrong

Reactions: 1
Jobby is too arrogant and stuck up his own arse to admit he was wrong
I think he gets away with quite a lot really, he clearly bullies some callers and constantly dishes-out pretty unnecessary slurs against MPs. There are only so many times you can call Nadine Dorries and Andrea Leadsom 'thick as mince'. :rolleyes: It would be nice to move on from this petty bullshit on a national radio station. I only listened to a bit this week, but the host seems more mature and seems quite well-adjusted emotionally.

I'll admit I do wish that James was doing the show today..I bet he does too. Otherwise it's all about bullying, mockery and arrogance to appease his own self-loathing..Maybe he should apply for a teaching job at Ampleforth?

Poor Jobby. Wherever he is, he'll be pacing around, chewing his nails and grinding his teeth that he can't get on air to give his opinions on 'Farridge' and the by-elections. I can't access his Twitter account but I can imagine it. 👹👿🙀🥵

Thank you, Mayor Khan, for saving the Tories in Ruislip & Uxbridge! :p

I think even if jobbie was working today he'd have no problem brushing his mistakes aside and instead focusing on something he got right or saying the semantics what he got wrong isn't important.

The new Labour MP in Selby looks like a child....Shows how old I am! :D
I know! haha ... you have to wonder what life skills he has. Still, let's be positive, he might be a breath of fresh air. :unsure:
---
I think even if jobbie was working today he'd have no problem brushing his mistakes aside and instead focusing on something he got right or saying the semantics what he got wrong isn't important.
Well he has predicted every single political outcome correctly from about 2008 ... that's not opinion, that's counting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It drives me nuts the ways he deliberately pronounces it that way, big bloody child that he is
That's why it was so refreshing to hear Lewis Goodall and Ben Kentish discussing Farage the other day. They were discussing his continued role and influence in British politics and it was a proper discussion. Two adults. No stupid names or sneering.

James calling Andrew Tate 'potato' was so embarrassing.

Reactions: 5
That's why it was so refreshing to hear Lewis Goodall and Ben Kentish discussing Farage the other day. They were discussing his continued role and influence in British politics and it was a proper discussion. Two adults. No stupid names or sneering.

James calling Andrew Tate 'potato' was so embarrassing.
O'Brien is LBC's version of Jeremy Kyle.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.