LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
R.I.P Tony Bennett
Was still playing gigs into his 90's :cool:
He was a firm favourite at Brinsworth House

Reactions: 4
The callers who call up and tell him he changed their lives by listening to him, they can't be real? its a new level of cringe
You're assuming they mean he changed their lives for the better. :LOL: I've found that people who spout about their therapy all the time do so in order to try and normalise it, so it becomes a case of if you're NOT in therapy there's clearly something wrong with YOU. I think it makes them feel better about themselves. Gawd knows.

Reactions: 1
The callers who call up and tell him he changed their lives by listening to him, they can't be real? its a new level of cringe
Perhaps they took his advice on supporting the "so clever" Jolyon Maugham and the "journalism" of Carole Cadwalladr.

So they have gone from being quite comfortably off to pot less.....

Reactions: 2
Good to hear Ali Miraj on air this (early) morning...Wonder if Oli has already thrown in the towel? I do hope so.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
O'Brien is LBC's version of Jeremy Kyle.
I think you are being a bit harsh on Jeremy Kyle who for years ran a successful talk show on ITV.

James by contrast was routed by the chavs of daytime ITV and "O'Brien" barely managed 10 episodes.
---
O'Brien is LBC's version of Jeremy Kyle.
I think you are being a bit harsh on Jeremy Kyle who for years ran a successful talk show on ITV.

James by contrast was routed by the chavs of daytime ITV and "O'Brien" barely managed 10 episodes.

Dear LBC, I can't think of many other things I would prefer not to hear early on a Saturday morning than callers telling Andrew Castle how they watched loved ones dying in agony while they were unable to help them on their way to a peaceful death.

Last edited:
Dear LBC, I can't think of many other things I would prefer not to hear early on a Saturday morning than callers telling Andrew Castle how they watched loved ones dying in agony while they were unable to help them on their way to a peaceful death.
When they talk of the 'evil of banality' I'm sure they had Andrew Castle in mind. :rolleyes:

You missed out a C in Francisco :rolleyes:
Have you been nipping at the Calpol behind matron's back this evening?
I see you have been checking up on me :p

I deliberately left out the C so that I would have somewhere to swim down here in Bognor ! ;)

BTW What happened to Sunday here ? Did somebody forget to post ? :unsure:

• Haha
I see you have been checking up on me :p

I deliberately left out the C so that I would have somewhere to swim down here in Bognor ! ;)

BTW What happened to Sunday here ? Did somebody forget to post ? :unsure:

Sunday has to be the worst day for LBC listening. I don't go near it. Not even the Nick Abbot Sunday night show. I hate it.

Reactions: 3
Paul Brand sat in for Lammy..but beware, Lammy was resting before his week covering the 10-1pm slot.

I'm actually going to listen to Lammy and offer and objective opinion. No more taking the mickey, or making sweeping statements. I'm going to give David a chance. Come on Mr. Lammy impress me with your broadcasting skills.
---
First thing that struck me was David's rather ebullient delivery regarding raging fires in Corfew (his pronounciation) and miscarriages. Not really subjects to sound jolly and cheerful about. Very strange. But we press on ... The News ... and we're back. Oh god ... it's full Lammy: Too loud, too staccato, a sermon from the reverend ... Equating british holiday-makers coming back on flights from Greece to refugees fleeing the Horn of Africa to europe. Geezus. I can't go on. Good luck. I tried.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm actually going to listen to Lammy and offer and objective opinion. No more taking the mickey, or making sweeping statements. I'm going to give David a chance. Come on Mr. Lammy impress me with your broadcasting skills.
---
First thing that struck me was David's rather ebullient delivery regarding raging fires in Corfew (his pronounciation) and miscarriages. Not really subjects to sound jolly and cheerful about. Very strange. But we press on ... The News ... and we're back. Oh god ... it's full Lammy: Too loud, too staccato, a sermon from the reverend ... Equating british holiday-makers coming back on flights from Greece to refugees fleeing the Horn of Africa to europe. Geezus. I can't go on. Good luck. I tried.
I tried as well but he's so dull; no original thoughts. He seems to attract equally dull callers. I was waiting for the inevitable comparison between British holidaymakers and refugees. The difference is that the holidaymakers are able to pay for Greek hospitality and haven't chucked their passports into the sea. Switching off before he plunges into LGBQT rights and I lose the will to live.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.