LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed. Plus he speaks way too fast, gave me a headache after 10 minutes.
I like him. He’s probably not suited to a typical LBC-style show but he is a very good reporter. So what if he was involved with the Labour Party? As long as that doesn’t affect his reporting (and no, criticising the Tory government does not automatically make you a Labourite) it shouldn’t matter. Anyway we’re not exactly short of Tories in our media.

I like him. He’s probably not suited to a typical LBC-style show but he is a very good reporter. So what if he was involved with the Labour Party? As long as that doesn’t affect his reporting (and no, criticising the Tory government does not automatically make you a Labourite) it shouldn’t matter. Anyway we’re not exactly short of Tories in our media.
Yeah he was alright, didn't seem to have as many mental issues as our James.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Listened to Goodall for an hour and actually found it a reasonable listen. I know it's a taller than Danny De Vito comparison, but having the 10am slot presented by someone who isn't a narcissistic cretin was a nice change

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Listened to Goodall for an hour and actually found it a reasonable listen. I know it's a taller than Danny De Vito comparison, but having the 10am slot presented by someone who isn't a narcissistic cretin was a nice change
Yes, it was quite jarring at first not having someone who just seemed to be passing through on a self-publicity tour ... my Twitter, my book, my talk, my this, my that, yada yada yada. :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for his wife..Let's hope he decided to stay in his shed for 2 weeks of mirror gazing, self-reflection and Daily Mail binge reading whilst Mrs J jetted off with her girls to somewhere far-off and expensive. preferably an exclusive island owned by a right wing media magnate.

• Haha
Corbyn's chat with Tom this morning makes several of the papers. He said he hasn't ruled out running for London Mayor as an Independent. Good! It will split the Left vote and we could see the back of Khan.

Ticklish topic for Tom to tackle. Farage v. Coutts Bank. They dumped him because they disapproved of what they decided were his extreme views. Wasn't that why LBC booted him? :unsure:

Ticklish topic for Tom to tackle. Farage v. Coutts Bank. They dumped him because they disapproved of what they decided were his extreme views. Wasn't that why LBC booted him? :unsure:
And didn't they tell the BBC it was purely based on him not meeting their thresholds for money with them

The issue is made even more difficult by the way that Jon Sopel has made quite a fool of himself on this issue.

Last edited:
I am beginning to enjoy Ian Payne more in a morning but he was out of his depth this morning talking about the TV licence. Obviously it would have been a good idea for him or his boy band to research when you actually need a TV licence as he was giving out so much duff information. They did eventually research and clarify but he really did make himself look a bit of a fool. He had an argument with his first caller who was actually correct as Ian told him if he doesn't watch BBC then he doesn't need a licence and also told him if he watched TV on a phone, tablet computer etc then he doesn't need a licence. :confused:

• Wow
I am beginning to enjoy Ian Payne more in a morning but he was out of his depth this morning talking about the TV licence. Obviously it would have been a good idea for him or his boy band to research when you actually need a TV licence as he was giving out so much duff information. They did eventually research and clarify but he really did make himself look a bit of a fool. He had an argument with his first caller who was actually correct as Ian told him if he doesn't watch BBC then he doesn't need a licence and also told him if he watched TV on a phone, tablet computer etc then he doesn't need a licence. :confused:
Yeah I woke up and heard all this, quite funny. Do you think it was deliberate? Seems incredible to me a professional broadcaster would discuss a topic they hadn't at least got a basic grasp of. I did agree with the first caller who said he didn't want to watch telly on a computer. He did seem quite angry though. :LOL:
---
The issue is made even more difficult by the way that Jon Sopel has made quite a fool of himself on this issue.
Sopel is just an attention-seeker like Farage. If he was an ice-cream he'd lick himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Jon Sopel is now facing having to apologise
Yeah I woke up and heard all this, quite funny. Do you think it was deliberate? Seems incredible to me a professional broadcaster would discuss a topic they hadn't at least got a basic grasp of. I did agree with the first caller who said he didn't want to watch telly on a computer. He did seem quite angry though. :LOL:
---

Sopel is just an attention-seeker like Farage. If he was an ice-cream he'd lick himself.
Farage has Sopel on the run....

---
Jon Sopel is now facing having to apologise
---

Farage has Sopel on the run....

• Haha
I don't like farage, but he's shown how easy it is to trip these people up. They run with something unconfirmed because they want it to be true, and don't actually care if it's not. End up helping farage.

He's played coutt's well with how this trickled out. Just wish it was on something more interesting! Although Ricky Gervais and Djokovic being named in their notes makes it bit more interesting 😆

Reactions: 3
Honestly, all these people are just over-grown children vying for attention. It's pathetic, it really is. Still, it is quite amusing how Farage seems to wind certain people in the meeja up, they seem to find him impossible to resist talking about.:LOL: :rolleyes::cautious:

Reactions: 1
Still to come THE wedding, before that, I’m back in hospital, nothing to worry about ,I’ll be out of action for a few hours.

Reactions: 3
I had a proper listen to Lewis Goodall today and really enjoyed his show.

I enjoyed listening to him and Ben Kentish discussing PMQ's. They then went on to talk about Farage and it was really pleasant to hear a proper adult discussion about him without resorting to childish name calling and sneering.

I wonder if James would like to extend his holiday? 🤔

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.