LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mortified at being caught eh? Something for his team of expensive therapists to work on now that he has free time to ponder?

James is away next week.. Maybe some intensive therapy sessions to boost his self-esteem and work on all the imploding anger?

Maybe just maybe an old Ampleforth alumni may disclose some juicy titbit about his "history" to make him "relevant" again and less in need of sycophantic serial callers to massage his ego?
He favours Greece but might decide to swerve southern Europe. Temperatures could possibly hit 45C in the current heatwave.

Edwards was pictured entering Global towers after being on the shortlist to be one of The News Agents. He was mortified at being caught apparently.
To be fair most people would be mortified if others thought they were going to be working with the odious Jon Sopel.

To be fair most people would be mortified if others thought they were going to be working with the odious Jon Sopel.
You know Sopel used to arrive at BBC HQ in full leathers on a Harley Davidson bike? I'm not saying that's a criminal offence or anything, but it kinda tellls me he's a bit of a knob. A diva by all accounts. Him and Maitliss seem to love themselves a bit too much ... They really are the quintessential 'metropolitan media elite' and probably have absolutely nothing in common with people who might want to listen to their self-absorbed drivel. Both have that classic face for radio too ... 😁

Reactions: 1
You know Sopel used to arrive at BBC HQ in full leathers on a Harley Davidson bike? I'm not saying that's a criminal offence or anything, but it kinda tellls me he's a bit of a knob. A diva by all accounts. Him and Maitliss seem to love themselves a bit too much ... They really are the quintessential 'metropolitan media elite' and probably have absolutely nothing in common with people who might want to listen to their self-absorbed drivel. Both have that classic face for radio too ... 😁
At least he didn't pedal around, snapping motorists and pedestrians who annoy him and posting them on Twitter, like Jeremy Vine does. But they do both have punchable faces. 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 2
There is something distasteful about this.

The parents of the young person at the centre of the Huw Edwards scandal have reportedly been offered tens of thousands of pounds to appear in an interview with TalkTV. (Broadcast magazine - subscription only!)

Reactions: 3
At least he didn't pedal around, snapping motorists and pedestrians who annoy him and posting them on Twitter, like Jeremy Vine does. But they do both have punchable faces. 😤
Another meeja personality with a punchable face is Krishnan Guru-Murty (great friends with Jobby), he turned up on his first day at Channel 4 news after landing a massive deal driving a new red Ferrari. By all accounts the people who worked there on very modest salaries immediately thought: twit. He didn't arrive to work the next day in it. :LOL:

Geeeuzs .... woke up at 4:30, put LBC on. Utter, utter, dull drivel about the economy. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Geeeuzs .... woke up at 4:30, put LBC on. Utter, utter, dull drivel about the economy. :rolleyes:
It's Jobbie clone, Oli Dugmore. I've been listening since 6.45 and his callers have been a stream of disaffected, middle-aged pub bores, ranting about the evils of capitalism. The latest has just actually dragged in Thatcher!

Reactions: 4
I was listening for the first hour at 4am which was more than enough. All the regular callers, Lenny from Ashford, James from Manchester, Christine from Bromley I think, Scouser Mark and then Shane from Edinburgh who actually said the producers called him to invite him to chat. Made me wonder if it is more producers calling regulars as there are insufficient people calling in 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.