Lauren Goodger #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was a long time ago, but when we had to organise a funeral it was done within two weeks. Sure covid has buggered things up though.
It has, I should have added as well that we arranged my Dad’s funeral over the Christmas period which made things a lot more difficult and restricted dates. More people dying during winter also restricted dates as the church was booked with other funerals. We were very fussy about planning the service and also had a few major glitches.

Although the funeral planner reassured us that most people take 4-6 weeks

Reactions: 3
Re Moleman I remember Maria Fowler going off about him many many years ago saying what an awful human being he is. They used to be very close at one stage apparently.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Yep, this is exactly the same ideology I was talking about, just taken to the extreme. These women are nuts and their kids should be on a child protection register.
But pregnant women do have bodily autonomy and the right to avoid invasive procedures. Even if that may harm the baby.

You can’t take children away from mothers unless they are neglecting the child’s health after they are born.

Also there are problems with hospital births and a lack of respect for the patients is common. PTSD often results. If this lack of consent and respect was addressed I think the whole free birth thing would be less appealing.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It was me who suggested that a friend or family member could perhaps set one up for her. I didn’t expect such backlash, but reading everyone’s salient points, I can totally see why it was inappropriate idea in hindsight. I’m really sorry. I really didn’t mean to offend anyone. I just would hate to think of any family having any more issues on top of what is one of the worst tragedies that could befall a human being/s.

As I said previously, the only reason I suggested such a thing was because there have been multiple discussions here with regards Lauren and Charles’s financial situation in the past, and how myself and many others believed (for multiple various reasons - from the sparse media work Lauren was receiving, to the weekly begged takeaways, to Larose not attending nursery, to claims of Universal credit) that they may be struggling financially as a couple.

I’m wondering if Charles will be able to continue with his building work if he is grieving and has a grieving girlfriend to look after, as well as little Larose. But there have been sightings of him on OF, so who knows. Lauren, I highly doubt will be on OF, and perhaps if she was planning to make money this month from her baby reveal, that’s a month or two’s rent she may be struggling with.

Not saying I agree with their lifestyle at all, but it wasn’t a stretch by past discussions to come to the conclusion they may be struggling financially. I do however think if they are struggling, they should (as suggested) go the proper route (governmental agencies for help) and seek emotional support from charities which will benefit them more in the long-run than cash donations ever would.

I apologise again and hope I didn’t upset anybody. xx
Your heart was clearly in the right place and you only raised the question of it. Don’t feel sorry x

Please can we keep the Cains to their own threads? I don’t want any part of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I really didn't want to speculate but it did worry me that Lauren was on the no intervention train and that doula is not a bloody professional! They make me so angry telling women over a certain age to wait and not be induced its so bloody dangerous! I didn't want to be induced but I did for the health of my baby! I really wish they were vetted as it is terrifying that some women hang on their words and don't listen to obstetricians or doctors 😕

Reactions: 20
Our daughter died on October 6th and her funeral was November 5th. We had to make the arrangements.

It will depend on whether they opt for a full post mortem or not too and whether they get to spend time with her or not.
I'm so sorry, what awful decisions to have to make😢

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When buying Closer magazine today (this weeks issue) was sad actually to see it had Lauren on the front, story about her excitedly waiting for the birth of Lorena whilst just hearing the news about Jake.

I’m only assuming this went to press before they had a chance to pull the story once Lauren posted on Sunday. This magazine was in the shops as of yesterday 🙁

B5033A75-209C-481B-AAC5-C7F87D6106DC.jpeg
EDC9FC83-298B-4CBA-AC70-4CDDBCCA402B.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
What a bleeping rag. Entire story from a “source” too. Does that mean moleman? And byg get a cut?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
When buying Closer magazine today (this weeks issue) was sad actually to see it had Lauren on the front, story about her excitedly waiting for the birth of Lorena whilst just hearing the news about Jake.

I’m only assuming this went to press before they had a chance to pull the story once Lauren posted on Sunday. This magazine was in the shops as of yesterday 🙁

View attachment 1414734View attachment 1414735
What a bloody sad last sentence.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
No idea who all these (presumably zlisters?) are that are being mentioned.
Not a clue. No interest. I've never read a closer/ok type magazine in my life. I'm happy to stay that way, so yes please if this thread can stay with loz that would be grand.

Yours, confused luddite, Yorkshire

Reactions: 9
I'm so sorry, what awful decisions to have to make😢
It sucks.

Full post mortem or external scans. We got 5 days at the hospital with her (I would have thought that was weird a year ago but I think that got us through the first week ) so they may have that option (they keep them in cuddle cots, a cool mattress in effect).

Very surreal though, I was very matter of fact. You get a choice of coffin (you can upgrade), plaque for the front and car, cremation/burial paid for. Flowers and we got pins were paid for by us but our celebrant didn’t charge us for her service.

Hopefully she will reach out to the baby loss community online and the organisations that are set up to support bereaved parents. She should also have a bereavement midwife.

I wish I still didn’t know any of this but it’s so common 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
It sucks.

Full post mortem or external scans. We got 5 days at the hospital with her (I would have thought that was weird a year ago but I think that got us through the first week ) so they may have that option (they keep them in cuddle cots, a cool mattress in effect).

Very surreal though, I was very matter of fact. You get a choice of coffin (you can upgrade), plaque for the front and car, cremation/burial paid for. Flowers and we got pins were paid for by us but our celebrant didn’t charge us for her service.

Hopefully she will reach out to the baby loss community online and the organisations that are set up to support bereaved parents. She should also have a bereavement midwife.

I wish I still didn’t know any of this but it’s so common 😔
Thank you for explaining this to us. I personally, have no idea how baby funerals work and I hope my asking didn't upset you too much x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank you for explaining this to us. I personally, have no idea how baby funerals work and I hope my asking didn't upset you too much x
Not at all, it’s my every day life now so I’m quite open talking about it. The hospital I delivered at had two bereavement suites and I ended up on the delivery ward because they’d lost another two babies that day!

Strangely enough, bonfire night has always been favourite night of the year so we had a firework display on the evening. It was the earliest available but I’m pleased it was that day.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Can i crunch some important numbers here. The risk of still birth and baby mortality increases by 64% between 40-41 weeks pregnancy, it increases by 87% between 41-42 weeks. It’s safer to have a baby at 37 weeks than to go past 40. Overweight mothers are at a higher risk and being 35+ makes the risk higher still. Having said all that, the majority of births are absolutely fine.

It’s really important expectant mothers have access to the birth they want but it needs to be an informed choice based on medical advice and their own individual situation. ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Not at all, it’s my every day life now so I’m quite open talking about it. The hospital I delivered at had two bereavement suites and I ended up on the delivery ward because they’d lost another two babies that day!

Strangely enough, bonfire night has always been favourite night of the year so we had a firework display on the evening. It was the earliest available but I’m pleased it was that day.
Oh gosh, I love bonfire night to, it is uniquely special. So pleased it brings you comfort💗

• Heart
Can i crunch some important numbers here. The risk of still birth and baby mortality increases by 64% between 40-41 weeks pregnancy, it increases by 87% between 41-42 weeks. It’s safer to have a baby at 37 weeks than to go past 40. Overweight mothers are at a higher risk and being 35+ makes the risk higher still. Having said all that, the majority of births are absolutely fine.

It’s really important expectant mothers have access to the birth they want but it needs to be an informed choice based on medical advice and their own individual situation. ❤❤
I was high risk because I’m older and had suffered from a previous placental abruption. Throughout pregnancy they assured me she’d be brought at 37 weeks. For some godforsaken reason they didn’t schedule it until 39+3.
I’d had a silent abruption. I just trusted my consultant.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
But pregnant women do have bodily autonomy and the right to avoid invasive procedures. Even if that may harm the baby.

You can’t take children away from mothers unless they are neglecting the child’s health after they are born.

Also there are problems with hospital births and a lack of respect for the patients is common. PTSD often results. If this lack of consent and respect was addressed I think the whole free birth thing would be less appealing.
I totally agree that the culture of obstetrics and midwifery leaves a lot to be desired, and women are badly mistreated. Freebirthers take it so far though, it almost completely negates the points they’re trying to make about the way hospitals can treat women.

Also agree that women are free to make dangerous decisions and kill their babies during free births if they so desire. Some women are in so deep they feel it’s a price worth paying. They would never seek medical help.

As for point about only being able to invoke social services involvement of children are mistreated after birth, you need to check out this Alice girl discussed a few posts back. The toddler is basically feral, does whatever he likes and his teeth are rotten because she believes in giving him full autonomy (and doesn’t believe in stuff like toothpaste anyway… or shoes for that matter).

• Sad
I was high risk because I’m older and had suffered from a previous placental abruption. Throughout pregnancy they assured me she’d be brought at 37 weeks. For some godforsaken reason they didn’t schedule it until 39+3.
I’d had a silent abruption. I just trusted my consultant.
Oh I'm so sorry 😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Whilst I totally appreciate why there is discussion about stillbirth in this group I wonder if people might be able to put it behind a spoiler? It’s not quite on topic (we don’t know what was the cause of Lorena’s death) and can be quite anxiety inducing - I’m 28 weeks pregnant and constantly worrying about what could happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Whilst I totally appreciate why there is discussion about stillbirth in this group I wonder if people might be able to put it behind a spoiler? It’s not quite on topic (we don’t know what was the cause of Lorena’s death) and can be quite anxiety inducing - I’m 28 weeks pregnant and constantly worrying about what could happen.
Bless you i will be keeping my fingers crossed that everything runs smoothly for you, we will have a new little scrunchie ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.