Lauren Goodger #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst I totally appreciate why there is discussion about stillbirth in this group I wonder if people might be able to put it behind a spoiler? It’s not quite on topic (we don’t know what was the cause of Lorena’s death) and can be quite anxiety inducing - I’m 28 weeks pregnant and constantly worrying about what could happen.
Full term stillbirth and neonatal death are very much grouped together in the baby loss community. The discussion was about planning the funeral so I offered my experience.

I understand it’s worrying but it’s very unlikely to happen. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sadly ` some ` women completely ignore medical advice, want no intervention .... when having my daughter there was such a woman on the ward, who refused to be induced .... I think she was at 40plus weeks, did NOT believe in hospitals, doctors, and she was quite loud about it, almost arrogant ( she was admitted because the doctor was worried about something at her check up .. I was in the next bed, so could hear their conversations ) ... she was very sure of her beliefs, no one could change her mind ... everyone ... her partner ... parents ... staff were treating her with kid gloves to get her to agree, but she was not listening to anyone ` my baby will come naturally when its ready ` it eventually came and was still born ( I heard the consultant warning her partner beforehand, that this could happen if she didnt agree to be induced ) ... she had to be moved to a quieter part of the hospital because of her crying ... having lost a baby myself of course I felt her pain, but was also quite angry that these so called beliefs caused the death of her child ... it was not necessary and a waste of life, it happens, nurses told me, over the years, a few still births .. NND ( Neo Natal deaths, born alive but died soon after ... as my son did ) ..... are a result of ` some ` expectant women thinking they know better, and believing mother nature will make everything ok ` the baby will come when its ready ... ) ... most births are straight forward thank goodness, but like my experience, things can and do, go wrong quite fast, and the medical experts are needed, they saved my life .... long horror story, which I wont go into for respect to any expectant mothers on here ... they couldn't save my son though ... It does happen, but its so horrific that its rarely talked about

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
It was me who suggested that a friend or family member could perhaps set one up for her. I didn’t expect such backlash, but reading everyone’s salient points, I can totally see why it was inappropriate idea in hindsight. I’m really sorry. I really didn’t mean to offend anyone. I just would hate to think of any family having any more issues on top of what is one of the worst tragedies that could befall a human being/s.

As I said previously, the only reason I suggested such a thing was because there have been multiple discussions here with regards Lauren and Charles’s financial situation in the past, and how myself and many others believed (for multiple various reasons - from the sparse media work Lauren was receiving, to the weekly begged takeaways, to Larose not attending nursery, to claims of Universal credit) that they may be struggling financially as a couple.

I’m wondering if Charles will be able to continue with his building work if he is grieving and has a grieving girlfriend to look after, as well as little Larose. But there have been sightings of him on OF, so who knows. Lauren, I highly doubt will be on OF, and perhaps if she was planning to make money this month from her baby reveal, that’s a month or two’s rent she may be struggling with.

Not saying I agree with their lifestyle at all, but it wasn’t a stretch by past discussions to come to the conclusion they may be struggling financially. I do however think if they are struggling, they should (as suggested) go the proper route (governmental agencies for help) and seek emotional support from charities which will benefit them more in the long-run than cash donations ever would.

I apologise again and hope I didn’t upset anybody. xx
Sorry I didn’t mean to sound mean when saying it was a grim idea. I knew it was from the right place x There are plenty of ppl that would def benefit from a gfm following a similar awful tragedy, who are financially way worse off that’s all I meant

Just saw Charlie’s insta story, hopefully they are actually getting the necessary support. I can’t say I’m an avid follower of his but isn’t he close to his Mum? Hopefully she steps up to help care for Lauren like any Mum would, given her own Mum is such a waster

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m an occasional commenter here, but do read most days, I’d just like to thank all the brave ladies who’ve shared their stories, it really has been very enlightening and I’ve learned a lot that I never knew before, you all have my utmost respect xx To the pregnant ladies try not to be scared, just add the info you’ve read on here to the knowledge you already have, the more you know the better informed you are to make the right choices for you and your baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Sadly ` some ` women completely ignore medical advice, want no intervention .... when having my daughter there was such a woman on the ward, who refused to be induced .... I think she was at 40plus weeks, did NOT believe in hospitals, doctors, and she was quite loud about it, almost arrogant ( she was admitted because the doctor was worried about something at her check up .. I was in the next bed, so could hear their conversations ) ... she was very sure of her beliefs, no one could change her mind ... everyone ... her partner ... parents ... staff were treating her with kid gloves to get her to agree, but she was not listening to anyone ` my baby will come naturally when its ready ` it eventually came and was still born ( I heard the consultant warning her partner beforehand, that this could happen if she didnt agree to be induced ) ... she had to be moved to a quieter part of the hospital because of her crying ... having lost a baby myself of course I felt her pain, but was also quite angry that these so called beliefs caused the death of her child ... it was not necessary and a waste of life, it happens, nurses told me, over the years, a few still births .. NND ( Neo Natal deaths, born alive but died soon after ... as my son did ) ..... are a result of ` some ` expectant women thinking they know better, and believing mother nature will make everything ok ` the baby will come when its ready ... ) ... most births are straight forward thank goodness, but like my experience, things can and do, go wrong quite fast, and the medical experts are needed, they saved my life .... long horror story, which I wont go into for respect to any expectant mothers on here ... they couldn't save my son though ... It does happen, but its so horrific that its rarely talked about
This post seems to be blaming overdue women that don't get induced for their babies death? There are a whole host of reasons as to why women don't get induced.

Reactions: 9
This post seems to be blaming overdue women that don't get induced for their babies death? There are a whole host of reasons as to why women don't get induced.
If the doctors are telling you to get induced for your baby’s safety and you refuse- you are putting baby at risk.

The woman in *this post* was doing just that.

Reactions: 52
Take it as you wish .. Im sharing my experience of someone who was well overdue ... refused any medical intervention throughout her whole pregnancy, no where have I said Im blaming ALL overdue women for not being induced ... she only had from what I heard ... a doctor check her for the first time during her pregnancy because her partner forced her to go and something was found wrong .... ( she blamed her partner for this ... it was his fault she was in hospital ... she wanted everything natural .. again all good .... every woman's right ... but if there is an issue, the medical experts need to take over .. for the sake of mother and baby ) which is why they wanted to induce her, because whatever was found ` could ` cause still birth, and it did ... I stated ` some ` not all mothers, in this case ... the baby died inside her ... the consultant was not warning her for fun and giggles, there was a problem, which resulted in the baby dying ... YES ... in this situation the blame is on the mother

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
The poster isn’t blaming all overdue women. She’s recounting her experience in which a woman was advised repeatedly about the dangers and risks of not being induced, and went against medical advice and then resulted in a tragedy.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Take it anyway you wish .. Im sharing my experience of someone who was well overdue ... refused any medical intervention throughout her whole pregnancy, no where have I said Im blaming ALL overdue women for not being induced ... she only had from what I heard ... a doctor check her for the first time during her pregnancy because her partner forced her to go and something was found wrong ( she blamed her partner for this ... it was his fault she was in hospital ) which is why they wanted to induce her, because whatever was found ` could ` cause still birth, and it did ... I also stated ` some ` not all mothers, in this case ... the baby died inside her ... the consultant was not warning her for fun and giggles, there was a problem, which resulted in the baby dying and YES in this situation the blame is on the mother
Ah I see. I misunderstood the tone of your post. I do agree with the situation you described, I misread it. But I do also know that the NHS force a lot of unnecessary inductions so I know why a lot of women refuse inductions (if everything is still appearing healthy).

Reactions: 5
Whilst I totally appreciate why there is discussion about stillbirth in this group I wonder if people might be able to put it behind a spoiler? It’s not quite on topic (we don’t know what was the cause of Lorena’s death) and can be quite anxiety inducing - I’m 28 weeks pregnant and constantly worrying about what could happen.
I am currently 24 weeks pregnant with my 6th child. Overweight, aged 40+ and classed as high risk. I've had two sleepless nights this week worrying about reduced movements and what could go wrong. The movements are fine but my anxiety is high and causing me to doubt myself. The worry is awful, isn't it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Just popping this in here, hope this is OK. A previous poster has mentioned already, but Kicks Count offer such valuable advice for pregnant women. If baby's movement are reduced, get checked out straight away. You are not wasting anyone's time ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t follow Lauren in any way, shape or form but I enjoyed watching her in Towie so I just wanted to come over to say how sorry and saddened I am for their terrible loss. RIP sweet little Lorena.

Also wanted to send my condolences to all the lovely ladies on this thread who’ve opened up about their own experiences. Sands is a wonderful charity and I hope people do consider donating if they so wish. Which brings me on to GFM. I understand the sentiment, but I think it will only hurt them further down the line, the debacle that is the Azaylia Foundation proves that point. Money doesn’t equal emotional support and I hope they reach out and get that in abundance.

Reactions: 17
I am currently 24 weeks pregnant with my 6th child. Overweight, aged 40+ and classed as high risk. I've had two sleepless nights this week worrying about reduced movements and what could go wrong. The movements are fine but my anxiety is high and causing me to doubt myself. The worry is awful, isn't it.
I’m aged 40+ and this is my first, and likely only child so it feels even more pressurised. There is a lovely pregnancy thread on here if you want to discuss any worries. I think everyone has them to some degree. I would have thought as you’re on number 6 you might be less worried because you know what to expect but clearly it doesn’t work that way. Fear is often illogical but it doesn’t stop it being real, statistics can be used to soothe some people and others find them a trigger. Wishing you a healthy and successful pregnancy ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Has anyone seen the naked doulas story? She’s saying how she’s having some time off as sometimes births can really take “their toll, emotionally and physically” do you think that’s in red to Lauren’s birth and death of Lorena? 😢
I was thinking the same , I'm sorry but this doula shite needs to stop. Would you trust a woman whose vast medical knowledge is all of "floppy face, floppy fanny" to bring your child safely into the world?? I wouldn't!!! When the floppy face floppy flange was said on these threads I thought it was a joke, a thread suggestion, no its intact her mantra. So yea am very fxxking sure she has no business at a birth especially when high risk like Lauren's. Over 35 & obese. Nit saying she was there but that was THEIR PLAN

Is this naked doula any sort of medical professional? Does she have any midwifery qualifications? I looked at her page after this tragedy & found the messages there wildly irresponsible. Encouraging woman to ignore medical advice to be induced, to go way over 42 weeks gestation in order to have a “natural” birth etc etc if someone like Lauren, who is very naive and already against taking mainstream medical advice, she could be very very dangerous & I hope to god she wasn’t advising Lauren to avoid the hospitals or ignore medical advice on induction or scans etc the weeks leading up to the birth.
Sorry I've just wrote something v similar I didn't see this post

Reactions: 13
I’m aged 40+ and this is my first, and likely only child so it feels even more pressurised. There is a lovely pregnancy thread on here if you want to discuss any worries. I think everyone has them to some degree. I would have thought as you’re on number 6 you might be less worried because you know what to expect but clearly it doesn’t work that way. Fear is often illogical but it doesn’t stop it being real, statistics can be used to soothe some people and others find them a trigger. Wishing you a healthy and successful pregnancy ❤
How exciting for you. When you due? xxx

Reactions: 1
I wonder if Lauren had a home birth, as she did with La'Rose? Strange that while expecting Lorena she did not publish scans, visits to hospital, gave updates etc, as she did with La'Rose. Possibly because this pregnancy she was on her own? Poor woman. I so hope he is supporting her.

Reactions: 7
This has to be the worst thing a woman can go through. I feel so deeply sad for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I wonder if Lauren had a home birth, as she did with La'Rose? Strange that while expecting Lorena she did not publish scans, visits to hospital, gave updates etc, as she did with La'Rose. Possibly because this pregnancy she was on her own? Poor woman. I so hope he is supporting her.
Was overdue and was in the hospital. 😟

Reactions: 2
How exciting for you. When you due? xxx
Beginning of October. Starting to feel more real now! x

Was overdue and was in the hospital. 😟
She had said in the press and on her IG that she was planning another home birth, possibly with the birthing pool and that she had the Naked Doula lined up to support her on the day. I don’t know whether she started at home and then was transferred to the hospital but she mentioned that she was home from the hospital in her announcement post.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This baby was unplanned (now very much loved and wanted) and I had to really consider my options when I found out as my last labour was just 70 mins long and was so quick I bled quite bad after. I think because it was so intense and quite traumatic last time, I am now extra worried this time. Before that, I had easy pregnancies and labours so I am trying to focus on those instead, but I don't think the worries ever truly go away no matter how many we have.

Sending loads of those good wishes right back your way ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.