Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

teddyeddyeddy

she’s reposted a video from a fan page.. how on earth does someone like her enough to make her a fan account? mental

Reactions: 2

CorkCailin

I think she's just one of the ITV staples, given their relationship with her goes back years to her hosting I'm a Celeb spinoff show and that shockingly abysmal Survival of the Fittest. Her marrying Iain was a great business move as he's also been in their roster for years and his profile grew as LI reached cult status. They'd probably consider the pair of them "two of their own". I'd imagine there's enough deeply embedded relationships there for it to be awkward to sack off Laura, and I'd say she'd have an aggressive enough team negotiating contracts for her.
It'd be nice to see them actually doing what's right for the audience though and injecting new energy into the show, over-hauling it and giving someone with actual talent the chance to build a profile and prop it up for a while. She may be a shrewd networker and good at shmoozing producers, but the fact that she's deeply unlikeable, unable to connect with her audience, lacks any actual interviewing skills and constantly hits a bum note with her social media publicity doesn't seem to actually matter.
She actually doesn't do much though? Is she presenting or involved in anything other than Celebrity Juice and Love Island? She knows she isn't in demand for jobs

dee_mc

VIP Member
I just kept looking at the pics like ‘what?’ £3k for the outfit - how? Looked like market knock offs. She looks fab, but the clothes looked very ordinary and those Gucci trainers, seen so many fakes that I would never pay that money for them because they look so janky and too well known as an overly copied design
I loved those Gucci trainers when they were first released! Someone bought me a lookalike pair of Skechers ones for about €50. I couldn't justify paying more than about €120 on trainers, and at that I'd have to absolutely love them.
Saying that, as a proportion of her salary I guess Laura buying the £500 trainers probably equates to me buying a pair of plastic flip-flops from a market stall. £500 is peanuts to her.

Sour Pickle

Chatty Member
You'd think he'd be allowed to appear on a mid level podcast without her having to muscle in a day later though 😂

Interestingly, Scroobius Pip has limited comments on the post announcing Whitmores episode. Not surprising really, given his recent guests have included Stephen Fry, Tim Key, Mark Gatiss, Irvine Welsh. She doesn't quite fit in there!
haha I love Pip normally, what a weird couple to have on.

Cooksie

VIP Member
Her radio 5 show. The way it's worded is a bit weird though as it's due to all her new opportunities. But I thought she had none? I reckon she got ditched from the bbc too
Oh wow. What has she got left now then? Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just the BBC ditching her

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
So I have been told that she did indeed quit of her own accord and the producers weren't pleased.

2 rumours going around itv:

1. She is the new big brother host
2. She has a totally different project lined up for next summer that she is very excited about, possibly tv acting
I would fully believe this but in more of a jump before she was pushed kind of way. I was thinking her or Emma Willis for BB. Fingers crossed it’s Emma!

dddddddddddd

VIP Member
Yes I have seen the Davide and Ekin Su being called out as the winners, sorry being shouted out, numerous times since I have watched live! My ears!

Eureka

VIP Member
What's next for her after her run in the play ends? She's got that Laura Whitmore Investigates thing for some ITV net channel, we haven't had any more information about that. So where does she go from here?