Angela Scanlon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any tea on Angela Scanlon?

I quite like her and find her bearable, would like to see her present a lot more.

I think she's a good presenter, but her D4 accent annoys me. She's from Meath FFS.

It is really annoying how that accent is becoming the norm across the country, especially for girls.
You hear a girl interviewed on TV that sounds like they are attending Mount Anville and then the caption comes up "Student, Mullingar Community School"

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm on the fence about her. I've listened to a few podcasts she's been on and she seems fairly certain that she's a big deal not to be missed 🤣 I find Laura Whitmore similar, albeit a lot smarmier. It's slightly bemusing that both have D.4 accents when neither are even from Dublin and that both are so full of themselves despite having no obvious talent.

Reactions: 12
She's one of them that seemingly popped up out of nowhere and now is all over the BBC. She's distractingly beautiful at times though. Her 00's series wasn't too bad but could have had better guests and they kind of gave up on the show towards the end.

Is the D4 accent like Posh Dublin?

Reactions: 3
She's one of them that seemingly popped up out of nowhere and now is all over the BBC. She's distractingly beautiful at times though. Her 00's series wasn't too bad but could have had better guests and they kind of gave up on the show towards the end.

Is the D4 accent like Posh Dublin?
Yes, Dublin 4 would be considered posh. Some of the younger generation of South Dubliners have adopted this sort of US hybrid accent (think LA Valley girl) I feel like both Laura W and Angela do this too. Laura is from Co. Wicklow and Angela is from Co. Meath, so I would think its rather obvious to Irish people that their accents are put on or are at least ramped up for their telly careers 😂

Reactions: 8
I really like her! Think she seems really honest, great style, relatable and like a genuinely nice person who engages with her audience unlike whitmore who just tries too hard to omit some sort of perfect life and doesn't seem to have that engaging manner with her audience!

She comes across as quite nice and as willing to listen to people she's interviewing, which is always good.

Even when she's interviewing Katie Hopkins, who seemed to spend the entire time trying to get in her pants, in a way that would have been seen very differently if Hopkins was a man.

Reactions: 1
I can't understand how she was ever a stylist. Her dress sense is simply atrocious. She looks a mash up of a little girl playing dress up from a chest she found in her nan's attic and a crusty you meet at a festival that's wearing some offbeat item they picked up at a charity shop. I can't take her seriously with those ridiculous outfits and plastic jewellery, and then she has the audacity to sell jewellery in Brown Thomas. What the actual 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can't understand how she was ever a stylist. Her dress sense is simply atrocious. She looks a mash up of a little girl playing dress up from a chest she found in her nan's attic and a crusty you meet at a festival that's wearing some offbeat item they picked up at a charity shop. I can't take her seriously with those ridiculous outfits and plastic jewellery, and then she has the audacity to sell jewellery in Brown Thomas. What the actual 😂😂😂😂
Thank God. I thought it was just me completely out of touch, some of the stuff she wears baffles me.

Reactions: 4
Thank God. I thought it was just me completely out of touch, some of the stuff she wears baffles me.
I get that she's trying to be unique and stand out but she honestly looks so silly. Those massive jumpsuits paired with a nan cardigan and prada shoes (that look like school shoes) topped off with a pearl and plastic necklace and calf length mismatched socks 🤢Then she does these awkward poses and over the top faces. So odd.

I get that she's trying to be unique and stand out but she honestly looks so silly. Those massive jumpsuits paired with a nan cardigan and prada shoes (that look like school shoes) topped off with a pearl and plastic necklace and calf length mismatched socks 🤢Then she does these awkward poses and over the top faces. So odd.
She loves the attention!

Reactions: 2
I liked her originally and love her style but now she’s just far too over the top. Constantly sticking her tongue out and weird leg poses. Running around a tv studio like she owns the place. I don’t get it?? She seemed to get lucky as I don’t think she’s particularly talented. On your house made perfect she is utterly clueless about property and interior design.

I really like her as a presenter and she is stunningly beautiful...but I unfollowed on social media as she comes across a bit superior and like so many, assumes i want to hear her take on politics or social issues too.

I really like her as a presenter and she is stunningly beautiful...but I unfollowed on social media as she comes across a bit superior and like so many, assumes i want to hear her take on politics or social issues too.
I agree. Especially when she posts photos of her kids and doesn’t show their faces. She is an occasional TV presenter… get over yourself. Not exactly A list. Either show them or don’t post with them at all

I agree. Especially when she posts photos of her kids and doesn’t show their faces. She is an occasional TV presenter… get over yourself. Not exactly A list. Either show them or don’t post with them at all
Totally agree with this. Its so narcissistic. No body cares about what your kids look like. Set up a private Instagram for family and friends and stop breadcrumbing for attention. What's the point of a picture of her husband and baby with a giant heart over the baby's face 😵

Exactly either post it or don’t. Her career does seem to be flying higher than poor old Laura though.

Exactly either post it or don’t. Her career does seem to be flying higher than poor old Laura though.
She's much better a presenter I'd say, that's probably why. She's got more warth and easier to like to. Laura reminds me of Tess Daly