Laura Whitmore #4 Get yer one off the telly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
U2. Hozier. Louis Walsh. Rosanna Davison. Ryan Tubridy. Ray D'Arcy. Kathryn Thomas. Pat Kenny. Jedward. Dermot Kennedy. Katie Taylor.

None of these Irish people ever felt the need to move to London to do well. Why did she?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
U2. Hozier. Louis Walsh. Rosanna Davidson. Ryan Tubridy. Ray D'Arcy. Kathryn Thomas. Pat Kenny. Jedward. Dermot Kennedy. Katie Taylor.

None of these Irish people ever felt the need to move to London to do well. Why did she?
Are you okay?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
U2. Hozier. Louis Walsh. Rosanna Davidson. Ryan Tubridy. Ray D'Arcy. Kathryn Thomas. Pat Kenny. Jedward. Dermot Kennedy. Katie Taylor.

presumably thought RTE was no good for her... COUGH COUGH ahem

talant

U2. Hozier. Louis Walsh. Rosanna Davison. Ryan Tubridy. Ray D'Arcy. Kathryn Thomas. Pat Kenny. Jedward. Dermot Kennedy. Katie Taylor.

Opportunities.

Its how the world works, especially celebrity.

LOL hang on. JEDWARD 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15

I’m as much a proud Dub as the next person but even I can see why some people choose to move. It’s not the centre of the universe. The UK is welcome to her.

Reactions: 18
Are you okay?
Just to point out that 50% of the people on this list aren't known outside of Ireland. Nothing wrong with that but to be fair, you can see why anyone in entertainment industry would want to widen their market outside of 5 million people.

Reactions: 9

This post makes you sound like a bit of an oddball to be honest :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

There are plenty of other Irish people who have moved to London or Hollywood or elsewhere in the world. Imagine if you were not allowed to take a job outside the city/town you were born and brought up in, that would limit your options some what.

Reactions: 13
There are plenty of other Irish people who have moved to London or Hollywood or elsewhere in the world. Imagine if you were not allowed to take a job outside the city/town you were born and brought up in, that would limit your options some what.
Some people just choose not to.

I think it's the fact that she skipped Ireland that bothers me. Did she have any experience working at home before the MTV search?

Last edited:
She entered an MTV competition after college and got a fast-track to a TV presenting gig and all that comes with it. There's a lot of things to complain about with this one, but moving to London is absolutely not one of them. RTE is practically bankrupt and has been for years and TV3/whatevertheycallitthesedays is twice as bad and that about sums up the Irish TV market.

Reactions: 15
Some people just choose not to.

I think it's the fact that she skipped Ireland that bothers me. Did she have any experience working at home before the MTV search?
Why would it bother you? Let me tell you she’s not missed, so god speed and all that…. They are very welcome to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She entered an MTV competition after college and got a fast-track to a TV presenting gig and all that comes with it. There's a lot of things to complain about with this one, but moving to London is absolutely not one of them. RTE is practically bankrupt and has been for years and TV3/whatevertheycallitthesedays is twice as bad and that about sums up the Irish TV market.
Good for her! I've no interest in moving to London. I want to stay Irish and in Ireland.

• Wow
Good for her! I've no interest in moving to London. I want to stay Irish and in Ireland.
You are exactly the ignorant and backward Irish type that give the rest a bad name.

There was no life or opportunity for many Irish who left. My parents included. They are now successful and are no less Irish.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

WTF does Rosanna Davison even do?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You are exactly the ignorant and backward Irish type that give the rest a bad name.

There was no life or opportunity for many Irish who left. My parents included. They are now successful and are no less Irish.
My Dad is from rural Clare. Works as a civil servant. Lived in Dublin since the 1980s. He couldn't get any civil service jobs in Clare so Dublin it had to be. I know it's a good distance but at least it's not that far, only 3 hours or so away on the N7. He still never saw the need to move to a different country for civil service work. In fact, he'd have no job if he did move to London. Each to their own, but moving to England was NEVER an ambition of mine. I only ever wanted to do well in Ireland. I know I'm probably ranting, but a fast track to fame just doesn't interest me.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.