Laura Whitmore #4 Get yer one off the telly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Dad is from rural Clare. Works as a civil servant. Lived in Dublin since the 1980s. He couldn't get any civil service jobs in Clare so Dublin it had to be. I know it's a good distance but at least it's not that far, only 3 hours or so away on the N7. He still never saw the need to move to a different country for civil service work. In fact, he'd have no job if he did move to London. Each to their own, but moving to England was NEVER an ambition of mine. I only ever wanted to do well in Ireland. I know I'm probably ranting, but a fast track to fame just doesn't interest me.
Good for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Rosanna davidson is wealthy and grew up in wealth so has had it easier than alot of people so didnt have to push much for a career. also, jedward made their name in UK and hozier in the US. I dont blame people for leaving. ireland hasnt a whole lot to offer besides that its good for raising a family in. but i do think Laura got lucky with the MtV gig and it was down to her looks.

Reactions: 16
...... Rosanna Davison. Ryan Tubridy. Ray D'Arcy. Kathryn Thomas. Pat Kenny. Jedward. Dermot Kennedy. Katie Taylor.

None of these Irish people ever felt the need to move to London to do well. Why did she?
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Rosanna davidson is wealthy and grew up in wealth so has had it easier than alot of people so didnt have to push much for a career. also, jedward made their name in UK and hozier in the US. I dont blame people for leaving. ireland hasnt a whole lot to offer besides that its good for raising a family in. but i do think Laura got lucky with the MtV gig and it was down to her looks.
Maybe not in TV but that's not the case for other industries.

I don't know what the drama about moving to London is about though

We should be eternally grateful to England for taking that wagon off our hands 🤪🤪🤪😜😜

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My Dad is from rural Clare. Works as a civil servant. Lived in Dublin since the 1980s. He couldn't get any civil service jobs in Clare so Dublin it had to be. I know it's a good distance but at least it's not that far, only 3 hours or so away on the N7. He still never saw the need to move to a different country for civil service work. In fact, he'd have no job if he did move to London. Each to their own, but moving to England was NEVER an ambition of mine. I only ever wanted to do well in Ireland. I know I'm probably ranting, but a fast track to fame just doesn't interest me.
Maybe this one should have her own thread!! 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I just don’t know what’s going on in this thread any more but there’s just one thing I’ve got to say

zane Lowe for love island presenter

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Let's see if this works - screenshot of my previous post, from a good friend of mine who is part of that group - Daisy Lowe is apparently the nicest person you could hope to meet. Laura...is not

Yeah from what I've heard Daisy is just a really lovely person who tries to see the best in people - when this happened apparently everyone else just wanted to cut Laura off immediately but Daisy said she must be very unhappy to make something up like that and not to judge her too harshly, so it doesn't surprise me that Daisy still interacts with her on some level.
That is a fantastic attitude but nobody would have blamed her for wanting nothing more to do with Laura. What if the friend hadn’t been in the toilets too? Hopefully it’s a “keep your friends close and your enemies closer” type thing and she probably blindsided Laura by not clapping back

Some people just choose not to.

I think it's the fact that she skipped Ireland that bothers me. Did she have any experience working at home before the MTV search?
Out of all the things Laura says and does, her moving to London to further her career is probably the least offensive

Reactions: 19
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo?

We weren't talking about you or your dad. With respect, civil servantry isn't really a high flying multinational career and nobody said it was or expects it to be. Not sure why it's even relevant tbh. (it isn't. nor is zane lowe for that matter)

Reactions: 27
How many more times does she want to advertise that bloody deodorant?!?! 🤦‍♀️🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know you're very passionate about Laura and her MTV roots but for her it may have just been a job, she shouldn't have to make everything in her life about it 🤷‍♀️ And she promotes what she's paid to promote, I guess no new bands are offering her big bucks to talk about them.

Please don't think I lm defending her, she's still a dick 🤣

Why can't she just plug a new band's latest single instead??? She's lost touch with her VJ roots

Reactions: 14
I know you're very passionate about Laura and her MTV roots but for her it may have just been a job, she shouldn't have to make everything in her life about it 🤷‍♀️ And she promotes what she's paid to promote, I guess no new bands are offering her big bucks to talk about them.

Please don't think I lm defending her, she's still a dick 🤣
Also the IRONY of you crying back her MTV days but also being pissed at her for leaving Ireland…. Do you realize that she left Ireland for MTV? …. Agreeing with everyone… shes a dick… I find her insufferable for many many reasons… but you keep contradicting yourself with your reasons… you gotta sort it out in your head hun

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.