Laura Adlington #4 Dream house, dream job AND still a miserable, moaning, ungrateful whinger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2944269
Ok tattlers own up. Which one of you is moanymel and posted this under the Bridgerton same dress different bodies reel? 😂
I have a pair of size 8 jeans in my wardrobe*, despite being a size 12/14. According to Laura's logic, that means I'm still a size 8, right? Right?!

*I've just never got round to throwing them out, I'm not weird like Laura

Reactions: 8
I mean… she can have size 10 clothes in her wardrobe, it doesn’t mean they fit.
The thing is, if she was actually body positive going up a size wouldn't matter to her at all. But it does. She's really defensive about it. She squeezes herself into the smallest possible size. I'm heartily sick of those endless milkmaid-type dresses she shows, but at least get them in a size that fits and from an inclusive brand that stocks them. If you're genuinely a size 26 and go on Laura's recommendations, nothing you order is going to fit you. That's tit "influencing" right there and you're doing your followers a disservice.

Reactions: 15
The thing is, if she was actually body positive going up a size wouldn't matter to her at all. But it does. She's really defensive about it. She squeezes herself into the smallest possible size. I'm heartily sick of those endless milkmaid-type dresses she shows, but at least get them in a size that fits and from an inclusive brand that stocks them. If you're genuinely a size 26 and go on Laura's recommendations, nothing you order is going to fit you. That's tit "influencing" right there and you're doing your followers a disservice.
I honestly think she wanted a way of earning a living that didn’t involve having to get ready and leave the house every day.
She jumped on the bopo bandwagon because she happened to be overweight. It was becoming a popular movement. She probably picked up a decent amount of followers from doing GBBO (when she seemed to style herself really nicely and also came across as quite an easy going person!)
Bingo!! She’s found herself a nice little earner. And she’s very good at creating a sales spiel for anyone who’ll pay her.
As time has gone on though; it’s evident that she has zero interest in size inclusive fashion; she just wants her size to be available.
I expect her to ramp up her campaign again soon though, because she’s clearly gone up a size or two.
As for the positivity, sorry but I don’t think she is.
She’s so very unhappy. And I’m convinced that if there was a magic pill that allowed her to eat unlimited mini eggs, and drink gallons of Dr Pepper and lose weight, she’d snap it up.

Reactions: 14
I honestly think she wanted a way of earning a living that didn’t involve having to get ready and leave the house every day.
She jumped on the bopo bandwagon because she happened to be overweight. It was becoming a popular movement. She probably picked up a decent amount of followers from doing GBBO (when she seemed to style herself really nicely and also came across as quite an easy going person!)
Bingo!! She’s found herself a nice little earner. And she’s very good at creating a sales spiel for anyone who’ll pay her.
As time has gone on though; it’s evident that she has zero interest in size inclusive fashion; she just wants her size to be available.
I expect her to ramp up her campaign again soon though, because she’s clearly gone up a size or two.
As for the positivity, sorry but I don’t think she is.
She’s so very unhappy. And I’m convinced that if there was a magic pill that allowed her to eat unlimited mini eggs, and drink gallons of Dr Pepper and lose weight, she’d snap it up.
There’s always Ozempic…

Reactions: 7
There’s always Ozempic…
Do you know what though? I honestly feel like she wouldn’t want anything that would actually stop her eating, or affect her appetite.
She only seems really happy when she’s got her mini eggs, or a huge roast, etc.,
Hence why I don’t think she’d go down the WLS route either.

She has already said she was booked in for WLS and pulled out. Which is absolutely fair enough: it is a HUGE decision and there are many stories of people who’ve had long term health problems because of it or it hasn’t worked and they’ve put weight back on.

She has already said she was booked in for WLS and pulled out. Which is absolutely fair enough: it is a HUGE decision and there are many stories of people who’ve had long term health problems because of it or it hasn’t worked and they’ve put weight back on.
It’s a tough decision. Not being able to eat proper portions of food ever again when you are a binge eater must be terrifying.

Reactions: 4
It’s a tough decision. Not being able to eat proper portions of food ever again when you are a binge eater must be terrifying.
Absolutely.
And to be absolutely clear: I’m in no way criticising her for that. Or for struggling with food/weight issues.
I happen to think it’s a hugely misunderstood and underestimated issue.
My issue is; I wish she’d feel able to be honest about how she really feels about weight/food etc., rather than adopting the stance she has, where she pretends to be a bopo activist and gets annoyed if anyone else loses weight.
I feel like she’s dug herself a bit of a hole, tbh.

Reactions: 12
Absolutely.
And to be absolutely clear: I’m in no way criticising her for that. Or for struggling with food/weight issues.
I happen to think it’s a hugely misunderstood and underestimated issue.
My issue is; I wish she’d feel able to be honest about how she really feels about weight/food etc., rather than adopting the stance she has, where she pretends to be a bopo activist and gets annoyed if anyone else loses weight.
I feel like she’s dug herself a bit of a hole, tbh.
So many plus size influencers are in the same hole. If they lose weight, then what? Will brands be interested in them? It’s not exactly a long-lasting career so when you find your niche, you have to stick at it for as long as possible. If you start doing weight then you will alienate a lot of your audience. Yes some will stick with Laura if she loses weight but a lot will be upset and say that her body post-WLS does not resonate with them. The majority of her followers probably couldn’t ever afford private WLS or would have a very long wait for it on the NHS if that’s even on offer these days.

It’s hard to tell how much her size impacts her day to day life as she never shows herself leaving the house very often. She does have a rather sad look on her face though in a lot of her videos and she looks uncomfortable in her own skin but that’s just my opinion. Only Laura knows if she’s truly happy at a size 26/28.

I agree that by going down the body positive route she has backed herself into a corner. She is obviously unhappy and unhealthy and the impact on her health is just going to get worse the older she gets.
I think losing weight to get down to an 18/20 or so would be realistic and massively beneficial for her, losing weight doesn’t have to have the end goal of being a size 10, it can just be about feeling happier and healthier and that far more positive than squeezing yourself into dresses you couldn’t wear out of the house and not being able to do your own shoes up.

Reactions: 9
The first thing she needs to do is acknowledge that she isn't truly happy, and her health is suffering. Once she's done that, that's when the changes come, as small as eating one bag of mini eggs instead of five, and drinking one Dr Pepper instead of eight. Then the changes can change based on how she's feeling. So long as she is in denial she will find herself pissed off with people losing weight, making positive changes for themselves and feeling well. Being honest and acknowledging how she really feels is where this all starts. I think because she is in denial is why she snaps whenever anyone mentions weight or health. The older she gets the harder this gets and it's clear since she was on TV, she has put on some amount of weight.

I'm not sure WLS or diets would spell the end of her career. Plenty of influencers have lost weight and still kept their followers (some of them have doubled or tripled their count). All the bopo ones have said is that you shouldn't hate your body and you don't have to be a size 10 to wear whatever you want. The anti diet stuff is more wanting a space free from diet talk because when you are beginning to be bopo it makes it harder to have yet another space full of diet talk. I don't think any of the ones I follow are anti people losing weight. They would all be thin if they had found something that works for them. I took it as they are not going to hate themselves they way they are. It's a miserable life to constantly think 'I won't wear that until I'm thin' or 'I won't go on a plane until I'm thin', which is exactly where I am.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s hard to know if her size gives her any health issues. She’s clearly not very mobile and she’s always out of breath but if you don’t do much moving, this isn’t really a problem that affects you day to day. I’d be more concerned if I were her about having no discernible neck and busting at the seams in the very top end of sizing clothing.

She must get so bored of just wearing floaty dresses and elasticated trousers all the time because that is all that fits her.

For a fashion influencer, her style is very limited and boring. She always looks like the Mother of the Bride in some gaudy clothing reminiscent of what you’d buy at C&A. I genuinely forget how young she is as she looks super frumpy and elderly. I find Jess on the Plus Size’s style really similar, the clothes she wears are so ageing although her style is marginally more varied than Laura’s.

Reactions: 5
There are plenty if BoPo influencers who are MUCH smaller than her and are doing fine. Look at Em Clarkson. She is annoying for her own reasons but you can’t accuse her of not being BoPo. She promotes and encourages exercise but isn’t pushy about it and she built an actual career around this.
I am not even sure what/who is Laura’s target audience. She dresses like her pwn grandmother a lot of the time.

Reactions: 3
To be fair, I don’t mind the swimsuits, but only showing them from the front, and not informing on how supportive the bust area is, is not great influencing, imo.

To be fair, I don’t mind the swimsuits, but only showing them from the front, and not informing on how supportive the bust area is, is not great influencing, imo.
How she manages to get brands to work with her when that try on is just front facing and the comments are full of people asking what the back looks like and how supportive it is. The purpose of a try on is to answer those questions. Her front on, legs jammed together pose does nothing

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.