Kyle Pallo #3 Your Daily Dose of Douchebaggery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kyle seemed overstimulated by the end. Perhaps that's the reason for the weepy time, plus drinking the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster

I just have to be contrary and say that it looks fun. Worth the price? Probably not.

Reactions: 2
I just have to be contrary and say that it looks fun. Worth the price? Probably not.
Agreed. Would my hubby and I have fun? No, he’d be over it quickly. Would I have fun with my best friend who likes this type of stuff, yes I would. Can I afford it? Actually yes, but I wouldn’t have fun at that price point. If I have to spend 5K for 2 nights, I’m going to the Park Hyatt Saint Kitts and flying first class on American Airlines. 5K- I mean that’s ridiculously expensive for 2 nights.

I am only skimming videos because while I don’t think I’ll ever do it I don’t want to ruin it all just in case. Kyle’s video was one of the better ones so far. The holy moly and stuff in the beginning was annoying and was a little over the top excited for the cabin bathroom. They could at least put in different shampoo ffs. The rooms are too blah for me. The rooms look like a Disney value resort. In universe explanations about the size of the starship or whatever, I don’t care they could’ve made the rooms better. Real life explanation was to save money. Overall everything on the ship looks so small and relatively crowded.

Reactions: 1
I am only skimming videos because while I don’t think I’ll ever do it I don’t want to ruin it all just in case. Kyle’s video was one of the better ones so far. The holy moly and stuff in the beginning was annoying and was a little over the top exicyree for the cabin bathroom. The rooms are too blah for me. Looks like a Disney value resort. In universe explanations about the size of the starship or whatever, I don’t care they could’ve made the rooms better. Real life explanation was to save money.
The flip side of that is that if they're taking it as a cruise and not a hotel stay (or really, a LARP of a cruise), you're not going to be in your cabin much because you'll be off doing stuff.

I actually thought Francis gave a really good take, as much as it may be colored by the freebie. If this is the kind of thing you're into, it's probably worth the money. And with the level of interaction--since I assume the characters like the captain and cruise director are classed as performers and not just regular cast members and have to be paid by Actors Equity rules--that's how they justify things.

I'm not sure if I'm just very biased because I LOVE New Orleans, but I enjoyed today's vlog. His friend Kristen helps too, fun personalities like her are a big reason why I love that city so much!

Only really showed a very small fraction of the city, but I prefer that over trying to fit so much into one vlog that it's all rushed. And he only made a few Disney references compared to some of his previous travels. Way better than his Chicago vlogs, but also he had Kristen as a tour guide so that definitely worked in everyone's favor.

"If you could chug food, this is a chugger!"

You just spent half a day in a hotel with PagingMrMorrow, you should know very well that you can chug food!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Overall everything on the ship looks so small and relatively crowded.
My impression was whilst they got the immersion re: characters right it was too white and glossy for Star Wars. And upon reflection I think immersion would be ruined for me by the fact that it has clearly been designed as a performance space and not as a believable Space Cruiser. If there were such a thing would the bridge really be just off the entrance lobby? Other than the one power sabotage room shown what about all of the rest of the tech the ship would need? I played Borderlands 3 recently and your main base in that is a Spaceship which you can explore and it's a much more believable environment. This is a bridge, a lobby, a restaurant/bar or two, the power room, bedrooms and a lot of corridors. It's not enough to sell the illusion of actually being on a spacecraft to me.

Also, when you consider the effort the original imagineers took to hide the innards of the Haunted Mansions behind the relative facades I thought they did a really bad job of enclosing the whole thing in a huge box. It would have been much more convincing if the departure lounge was a small building and the shuttle upwards was actually an elevator down taking you to the hotel which would be completely submerged underground. That might be seriously "wow - how the hell?"

Anyways. Would I pay that money for this experience? Not when I experienced similar in the immersive Aliens experience in London Trocadero in the late 80s. It only lasted about 30 minutes but it was also only about fifteen dollars.
Only really showed a very small fraction of the city, but I prefer that over trying to fit so much into one vlog that it's all rushed. And he only made a few Disney references compared to some of his previous travels. Way better than his Chicago vlogs, but also he had Kristen as a tour guide so that definitely worked in everyone's favor.
Looks like he took my 'couch-surfing' advice...?

He managed to leave the security blanket otherwise known as JoJo out of the Mardi Gras trip, but he still arranged to have someone waiting for him there to hold his hand and lead the way.

His chaperone picked him up at the airport (nice cross hanging from the rear view mirror - air freshener?) and unsurpisingly drove him directly to Cafe du Monde so he could capture the obligatory done-to-death beignet-eating footage.

Despite having just left Cafe du Monde, their next stop was a Starbucks. I assume that pit stop was solely for KP to get "normal" coffee (what's chicory?), but he still managed to pull some content out of it by exploiting the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina to virtue signal to his fans that he's not just an influencer - he's a humanitarian too. Y'know, just like everyone's favorite life coach, JoJo.

Next up was lunch in the Quarter at a restaurant where his chaperone's mother's husband is a manager (i.e., comped check a/k/a free food and booze). Unfortunately, while walking from the car to the restaurant, his chaperone chose a route that led KP past a building that had been vandalized with some graffiti. The hapless adventurer clutched his pearls and clucked disapprovingly, but he bravely pressed on because he really needed a mimosa after that affront to his delicate sensibilities. At lunch, KP ate oysters for the first time (chargrilled, not courageous enough to go raw) and tested the chugability of his mimosa and his first ever Hurricane cuz he's classy like that.

They moved on from there to the Hotel Monteleone to get a quick gawk at the nice digs and chug a few overpriced cocktails at the "berserk" :rolleyes: hotel bar filled with tourists. Then he wrapped it up with a mini-excursion down Bourbon Street and was clearly shocked and a bit unsettled by the press of humanity.

My favorite part was the guy who vlogbombed KP while they were walking. For a second, I thought maybe KP was gonna get slocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Despite having just left Cafe du Monde, their next stop was a Starbucks. I assume that pit stop was solely for KP to get "normal" coffee
All I needed to hear to save myself from giving him another view. duck this guy, what a loser. Hopefully he called his mom before swiping the credit card 💳

He managed to leave the security blanket otherwise known as JoJo out of the Mardi Gras trip, but he still arranged to have someone waiting for him there to hold his hand and lead the way...
Thanks for sparing me the ordeal of having to watch it.

They moved on from there to the Hotel Monteleone for a quick gawk at the digs and chug a few overpriced cocktails at the "berserk" :rolleyes: hotel bar filled with tourists. Then he wrapped it up with a mini-excursion down Bourbon Street and was clearly shocked and a bit unsettled by the press of humanity.

My favorite part was the guy who vlogbombed KP while they were walking. For a second, I thought maybe KP was gonna get slocked.
Yeah, reading this recap which is spot on, my initial view was definitely biased from my love for New Orleans. Also worked out that he didn't taint any of my favorite places there, just his friend's family restaurant and an expensive hotel bar.

Had a good chuckle at Kyle yelling "Mister, throw me some beads!" and being met with crickets though.

Almost forgot to share this gem from his Galactic Starcruiser comments which explains what's funding his recent travel plans! :ROFLMAO:

kyle-grift-socks.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
He needs to stay the duck out of New York.
And not just the city. The whole state says no!

New Orleans looks really fun. The food especially! I’ll be interested to see more of the nightlife in upcoming vlogs.

Honestly, he blocked and deleted stans because they were upset he was risking his health re:Covid but he allows this gutter-level perv tit?
Kyle, darling, get a moral compass because the one you have is broken.
Hey, $200 is $200.

• Haha
Kyle seemed overstimulated by the end. Perhaps that's the reason for the weepy time, plus drinking the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster

Of course he was overstimulated, it was a very long day for him not his normal 2 hour workday.

• Haha
Yeah, reading this recap which is spot on, my initial view was definitely biased from my love for New Orleans.
It's understandable. I haven't been back there since before Katrina but I was very close to moving to New Orleans just a few years after my first ever visit there. It was like nowhere else I'd ever been and I loved it, but getting mugged late one night in the Faubourg Marigny district changed those plans.

Also worked out that he didn't taint any of my favorite places there, just his friend's family restaurant and an expensive hotel bar.
I stayed at the Monteleone on my first trip, but otherwise he hasn't ventured into any of my favorite haunts. Sounds like he's probably attending the Endymion Extravaganza at the Superdome today (another controlled environment "adventure"). Is that why he needed the rented tuxedo? Did his chaperone score tickets for a private skybox party at the stadium?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.