Krusties #7 Roasted ferret and a glass of wine, pull up a chair it'll taste divine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning all,

Very sunny but very windy,

If anybody wants to go to the moon have finished a cushion with lovely fabric I was given. I am not the best sewer but some of the prices for handmade cushions is ridiculous! Oh well,

No more sewing but tidying up. I am always covered in thread and so is the house.

Take care everybody
Thats perfect for little boy's bedroom Harri!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
For those of you folks who are with EDF Energy, are you aware its a French Nationalised company who they supply a lot of leccy to the South of England too as well as the Channel Islands?

Theres only the two of us now so the bills are a lot less than when we still had all the kids with us which does help. This house has electric rads in the hallway, the shower room, dining room/office and one in the lounge for back-up should it be really cold, however the fireplace keeps the entire place going under normal circumstances as it is vented upstairs to heat two of the bedrooms and the landing. I'm bloody Cinderella me; Every morning I'm there emptying the ash tray (which I put onto a muddy pathway out the back), scrubbing off the soot from the glass window of the burner then lugging wood about - every other day I go rummaging in the woodpiles out the back to bring up a large barrowful which lasts two days.

Generally the fire is on from November when it does suddenly become wintery here until May when its allegedly warm enough to not need it, although it was June last year, however the wood for this winter cost us 250€ for the entire season as we'd already got a bit from a couple of dead trees we logged ourselves. Considerably cheaper than if we'd run totally on the leccy methinks.

And now with old Putin sabre rattling I'm sure gas is going to skyrocket in price too which will affect us as our cooker runs on bottled gas :(
Would love to go wood myself,don't think my wife would like me building a fire in the living room lol

• Haha
Whilst a wood fire is lovely there are drawbacks as I mentioned before, like being up and down like a yoyo persuading it to not go out as soon as I turn my back on it or putting on more wood. I suppose I miss my gas central heating back in UK (sigh) but I don't miss the horrendous utility bills one bit!
I think the only drawback of living out in the sticks is that everything involves driving if I need anything or have to go anywhere because of course there are no buses whatsoever let alone trains, and especially here if we get snow the roads are not cleared unless the local farmers do it so we are inevitably cut off from the world; Its quite hilly here and after trying it last winter it scared me witless so whatever we might need with have to bloody-well wait until a thaw comes along. I do love the snow though because it makes everything so beautiful

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Whilst a wood fire is lovely there are drawbacks as I mentioned before, like being up and down like a yoyo persuading it to not go out as soon as I turn my back on it or putting on more wood. I suppose I miss my gas central heating back in UK (sigh) but I don't miss the horrendous utility bills one bit!
I think the only drawback of living out in the sticks is that everything involves driving if I need anything or have to go anywhere because of course there are no buses whatsoever let alone trains, and especially here if we get snow the roads are not cleared unless the local farmers do it so we are inevitably cut off from the world; Its quite hilly here and after trying it last winter it scared me witless so whatever we might need with have to bloody-well wait until a thaw comes along. I do love the snow though because it makes everything so beautiful
Being Scottish I love the snow and being outside all the time..we were all rosey cheeked lol

• Heart
Reactions: 8
At this point, I'm a little glad for my hot flushes, they keep me warm lol :LOL: ;)

One of my lot has just topped up the card and currently listening to the pipes knocking - very happy it's on a day earlier. Few more weeks and we'll all be moaning about how hot it is :):LOL:

• Haha
At this point, I'm a little glad for my hot flushes, they keep me warm lol :LOL: ;)

One of my lot has just topped up the card and currently listening to the pipes knocking - very happy it's on a day earlier. Few more weeks and we'll all be moaning about how hot it is :):LOL:
You know we will all be on here moaning for the cool weather to come back lol

• Haha
Gullri, I am much like yourself. I burrow my head so deep when I have so much to do! I become overwhelmed and exhausted. It's not good for your health😩 it's the reason why I have gone missing on here. I struggle to ask for help, as I do not have many people to ask!
Coming on here has just helped clear my mind, given me new hope and a fresh outlook. Keep going.
You are a very clever lady and you can get through these tough times...love and best wishes xxx
Yes Being on tattle and with you have helped me a lot! Makes me happy meeting so many lovley intelligent friends! I laugh reading jokes and you make me feel better. I understand what you mean getting overwhelmed by lots of things to do. Strange what ones feelings, thoughts, bad health and problems can do.
Thank you ❀love and hugs πŸ€—β€

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Me too!i moan about everything.☺Miserable old cow I am.
Not true Dolly, you’re a sweetheart.

My hub on the other hand? He is not a morning person and ask him a question before 10 am and he’ll likely bark back at you or you get a grunt!

• Haha
Evening lovely Krusties. Extra facehugs for anyone in need today πŸ‘½πŸ€—β€πŸ˜˜ a good moan is needed sometimes to make everything seem just a little bit better 🀣❀😘 I've cancelled and cut down on just about everything I can afford to do without already, thank Christ the dog is like a hot water tank next to me all night under the quilt, bless him πŸ•β€ xx

• Heart
Evening lovely Krusties. Extra facehugs for anyone in need today πŸ‘½πŸ€—β€πŸ˜˜ a good moan is needed sometimes to make everything seem just a little bit better 🀣❀😘 I've cancelled and cut down on just about everything I can afford to do without already, thank Christ the dog is like a hot water tank next to me all night under the quilt, bless him πŸ•β€ xx
Lucky dog ❀❀❀

• Heart
I wished my Dave would sleep with me like my other cats did..πŸ™They kept me warm bless their hearts.❀

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wished my Dave would sleep with me like my other cats did..πŸ™They kept me warm bless their hearts.❀
Has he ever come to sleep with you Dolly? My little girl is so bloody contrary. She's all for sleeping with son at the minute but as soon as the weather warms up she'll camp out all night under the conifers 🀣 or decide one random night just to make a bed on the towel rack in the bathroom. She took to sleeping in a shoebox in sons wardrobe for 3 months last year too, she's so funny 🀣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.