Krusties #7 Roasted ferret and a glass of wine, pull up a chair it'll taste divine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you 🙏 yes! Just a bit low and stressed out. I am worried about my future and want to keep away stress. I don’t know what to do. I just bury my head in the sand. Hopefully it will get better ❤
Oddly, over the last few years, myself and a couple of the family here have been doing something similar (just call us the Ostrich crew ;) )

But in the bigger picture, ignoring it doesn't help things to change and they can change for the better. You have to take small steps, you can get very tired and sad trying to fix everything in one day.

So first thing, is to write yourself a list (if there are bills to pay, list them in order of importance, things like your rent/mortgage so your home is safe, then work down to things like Credit cards). If it's things you are worrying about, write those down.

Once you have written them down. Take a break and relax. Actually breath. Then it might be the next day, but go back to your list and begin viewing it as if you were helping another friend ;):)

What would you tell your friend? How would you help them to change things on the list?

This may sound odd, but it's the way I begin to sort things out. It feels like a lot, but once you begin with small things at first, the rest won't feel so big to work through xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Dear Gullri, I’m sorry you are going through a bad time, if we can help in any way please let us know, we are your friends and we care about you

take care
Love
Harrigan x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oddly, over the last few years, myself and a couple of the family here have been doing something similar (just call us the Ostrich crew ;) )

But in the bigger picture, ignoring it doesn't help things to change and they can change for the better. You have to take small steps, you can get very tired and sad trying to fix everything in one day.

So first thing, is to write yourself a list (if there are bills to pay, list them in order of importance, things like your rent/mortgage so your home is safe, then work down to things like Credit cards). If it's things you are worrying about, write those down.

Once you have written them down. Take a break and relax. Actually breath. Then it might be the next day, but go back to your list and begin viewing it as if you were helping another friend ;):)

What would you tell your friend? How would you help them to change things on the list?

This may sound odd, but it's the way I begin to sort things out. It feels like a lot, but once you begin with small things at first, the rest won't feel so big to work through xxx
Dear Gullri, I’m sorry you are going through a bad time, if we can help in any way please let us know, we are your friends and we care about you

take care
Love
Harrigan x
🥲❤ Thank you both so much!🌹 It warms my heart to know you care and that we are friends! I appreciate all the love and advice 💕
I really like knowing that I am safe and able to pay my bills. It is hard trying to remember who I was a few years ago. I was always making and learning stuff. I learned a bit about clothing and sewing. Painting in oil, new applications in my work. Always thought I would have health and energy for many years to come. Now I just want to feel safe and ok and trying to take it day by day.
You are right, I have to see the bigger picture and sort things out. Look for possibilities and what I can do. I just feel I can’t do much 😲I am still good at my creative job but less on planning and customers. I will make list and try do give advice as a friend 💕maybe when I start with small things first it
Will not stress me out 🙏 @Didnt want to join I will try to be my best freind🌹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Gullri, I am much like yourself. I burrow my head so deep when I have so much to do! I become overwhelmed and exhausted. It's not good for your health😩 it's the reason why I have gone missing on here. I struggle to ask for help, as I do not have many people to ask!
Coming on here has just helped clear my mind, given me new hope and a fresh outlook. Keep going.
You are a very clever lady and you can get through these tough times...love and best wishes xxx

• Heart
Thank you 🙏 yes! Just a bit low and stressed out. I am worried about my future and want to keep away stress. I don’t know what to do. I just bury my head in the sand. Hopefully it will get better ❤
Sorry I've just come on here.. so apologies I haven't liked or followed or seen anyone's posts as yet... but I just needed to come in when I saw this...
@Gullri we all feel sad and upset sometimes not knowing which way to turn... I find that if I step back.. think about stuff. Know what's upsetting me and then reassess and try a different way to deal with it.....things usually by that time have moved on a bit and sorted themselves out a bit ... if that makes sense... sometimes I just need space for my own mental wellbeing... hope I'm not being a pain... just my thoughts coming in atm. Sending you love xxx

Sorry I've just come on here.. so apologies I haven't liked or followed or seen anyone's posts as yet... but I just needed to come in when I saw this...
@Gullri we all feel sad and upset sometimes not knowing which way to turn... I find that if I step back.. think about stuff. Know what's upsetting me and then reassess and try a different way to deal with it.....things usually by that time have moved on a bit and sorted themselves out a bit ... if that makes sense... sometimes I just need space for my own mental wellbeing... hope I'm not being a pain... just my thoughts coming in atm. Sending you love xxx
💞❤💙

• Heart
Morning all! Its so sad to see people suffering from the stress and aggro of day-to-day Life when theres the likes of skanky casually cruising through without a second thought as to the hardship she's put onto so many other decent people whilst it leaves a trail of financial destruction in it's wake :( That thing is well-overdue a lengthy visit from Karma :(

So today its grey and miserable again with the valley fog creeping uphill to meet the hill fog slipping downhill where it meets right over my house; OH is playing with diggers again today digging big holes for the chateau's new septic tank system, although yesterday they all got stuck in to rediscover a long neglected large pond thats been buried under fallen trees for a very long time, so they cleared that lot away to reveal water - then this morning he said there were four ducks already on it! A successful venture :)

I'm not planning anything today thus its a quiet one about the place, most likely I'll sort the fire out then the dogs will be happy but apart from that not a lot else going on; I'm not complaining though because some years ago we endured the most horrendous situation such as you mention Gullri so these quiet peaceful days are the ones I treasure now and long may they last. xxx

• Heart
Morning all,

Very sunny but very windy,

If anybody wants to go to the moon have finished a cushion with lovely fabric I was given. I am not the best sewer but some of the prices for handmade cushions is ridiculous! Oh well,

No more sewing but tidying up. I am always covered in thread and so is the house.

Take care everybody

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
:) How are you all doing today? You are all so lovely, this thread is a nice safe place. Hope I have not dragged down the mood on the thread.

I think I will be OK and I am trying to prioritise my life. @MANDATORY Thank you so much! I really like to step back like you say and then I hope it will all just solve by it self. I am not in any panic really, I have some savings. I jump when the phone rings, because I think of the energy that has to go answering, being nice and sound positive. @Rita Chevrolet Sounds like you live in a lovely place. It is so important to be able to have peace and quiet. Just thinking and contemplating <3 I sometimes wish I was like Skanky not caring, only thinking I am great and bulldozing people. I find it strangly fascinating. I always think too much and worry about basically everything.

• Heart
:) How are you all doing today? You are all so lovely, this thread is a nice safe place. Hope I have not dragged down the mood on the thread.

I think I will be OK and I am trying to prioritise my life. @MANDATORY Thank you so much! I really like to step back like you say and then I hope it will all just solve by it self. I am not in any panic really, I have some savings. I jump when the phone rings, because I think of the energy that has to go answering, being nice and sound positive. @Rita Chevrolet Sounds like you live in a lovely place. It is so important to be able to have peace and quiet. Just thinking and contemplating <3 I sometimes wish I was like Skanky not caring, only thinking I am great and bulldozing people. I find it strangly fascinating. I always think too much and worry about basically everything.
Hi Gullri,

Bless you, of course you haven’t. We are all friends on here and we share stories and offer advice to see if we can help. You can chat about anything on here.

Like you I worry and am always thinking. It’s not good for me as I become very sad and despondent. The only way I manage is by taking each day as it comes and not looking ahead too far. Life is unpredictable in both good and bad ways and you can never guarantee anything but we are here for you and there will always be somebody to listen to you.

no, you would not like to be like Skanky, she has no friends and would not be welcome on here. You genuinely care about people and we see that and are lucky we have you, such a gentle soul amongst us,

Take care and lots of love
Harri x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Morning all,

Very sunny but very windy,

If anybody wants to go to the moon have finished a cushion with lovely fabric I was given. I am not the best sewer but some of the prices for handmade cushions is ridiculous! Oh well,

No more sewing but tidying up. I am always covered in thread and so is the house.

Take care everybody
Harri as usual my dear its beautiful.❤

• Heart
Hi Gullri,

Bless you, of course you haven’t. We are all friends on here and we share stories and offer advice to see if we can help. You can chat about anything on here.

Like you I worry and am always thinking. It’s not good for me as I become very sad and despondent. The only way I manage is by taking each day as it comes and not looking ahead too far. Life is unpredictable in both good and bad ways and you can never guarantee anything but we are here for you and there will always be somebody to listen to you.

no, you would not like to be like Skanky, she has no friends and would not be welcome on here. You genuinely care about people and we see that and are lucky we have you, such a gentle soul amongst us,

Take care and lots of love
Harri x
❤🥲😊 That is so lovely, beautiful words Harri! So much wisdom in how you describe life and also yourself! And me! I feel like a good person when you call me a gentle soul 🙏😊

• Heart
Hi folks..just been onto our electricity supplier..its going up all over the country by over 50%!!!

@Gullri were all here for you...and always will be xxx

• Heart
❤🥲😊 That is so lovely, beautiful words Harri! So much wisdom in how you describe life and also yourself! And me! I feel like a good person when you call me a gentle soul 🙏😊
Well you are a good person! We can all tell that from how you speak and present yourself and worry about others feelings.

I am many things Gullri, but I don’t lie, so when I call you a gentle soul, I’m speaking the truth.

• Heart
@Harrigan , lovely post, perfectly said :giggle:

@Gullri I have found some positive vibe type things on Youtube. When I'm feeling a bit deflated, or low, I find some of those and have a watch, they lift me back up a bit :)

Hello to all the folk on the thread (and those who read too)

@not on my watch currently sat here with a couple of fluffy blankets, 2 layers of clothing and a hot water bottle - the gas went off over a week ago, did a food restock this week and will sort the gas later today or tomorrow, prices are just bonkers and I often have days where you can see your breath in here.

Years back, when my family were smaller folk, we always had enough for lights, heating etc., these days all my electrics are off and never left on standby (have to reset the microwave or oven clock when I use them lol) I only watch the bigger tv at the weekend for a film on netflix and there's not much in the way of treats or extras.

We are having a family meeting this week to sort out bills, get organised and work out ways to improve things. Think the UK needs a real shake up and they should consider bringing back a lot of services and items that are now made at huge expense overseas. More jobs here and cheaper prices (and that's as political as I get :LOL:;) )

• Heart

@Gullri I have found some positive vibe type things on Youtube. When I'm feeling a bit deflated, or low, I find some of those and have a watch, they lift me back up a bit :)

@not on my watch currently sat here with a couple of fluffy blankets, 2 layers of clothing and a hot water bottle - the gas went off over a week ago, did a food restock this week and will sort the gas later today or tomorrow, prices are just bonkers and I often have days where you can see your breath in here.

Years back, when my family were smaller folk, we always had enough for lights, heating etc., these days all my electrics are off and never left on standby (have to reset the microwave or oven clock when I use them lol) I only watch the bigger tv at the weekend for a film on netflix and there's not much in the way of treats or extras.

We are having a family meeting this week to sort out bills, get organised and work out ways to improve things. Think the UK needs a real shake up and they should consider bringing back a lot of services and items that are now made at huge expense overseas. More jobs here and cheaper prices (and that's as political as I get :LOL:;) )
We're the same,anything with a clock on is switched off..I hate looking at the smart meter when we cook,bloody government need to step in and do something about this.
There are people out there who have nothing now and will have even less in the next few months.
The country is going backwards very quickly,I agree with you, we need to start concentrating on this country and stop sending money out of it

• Heart
For those of you folks who are with EDF Energy, are you aware its a French Nationalised company who they supply a lot of leccy to the South of England too as well as the Channel Islands?

Theres only the two of us now so the bills are a lot less than when we still had all the kids with us which does help. This house has electric rads in the hallway, the shower room, dining room/office and one in the lounge for back-up should it be really cold, however the fireplace keeps the entire place going under normal circumstances as it is vented upstairs to heat two of the bedrooms and the landing. I'm bloody Cinderella me; Every morning I'm there emptying the ash tray (which I put onto a muddy pathway out the back), scrubbing off the soot from the glass window of the burner then lugging wood about - every other day I go rummaging in the woodpiles out the back to bring up a large barrowful which lasts two days.

Generally the fire is on from November when it does suddenly become wintery here until May when its allegedly warm enough to not need it, although it was June last year, however the wood for this winter cost us 250€ for the entire season as we'd already got a bit from a couple of dead trees we logged ourselves. Considerably cheaper than if we'd run totally on the leccy methinks.

And now with old Putin sabre rattling I'm sure gas is going to skyrocket in price too which will affect us as our cooker runs on bottled gas :(

Oh dear,I really feel for you..❤ I just have a gas fire no central heating so when I get up in morning it’s bleedin freezing..I am a pensioner so just get me pension and private one which ain’t much..I try not to buy so many clothes etc,just wear me oldie,must look like effin paraffin lamp most days..Don’t go out much at all,love this site though..laughs etc..waiting for the downfall of that vile evil woman..☺So many lovely beautiful caring peeps on here.Keeps this old cow goin.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.