Krusties #20 The nights are drawing in, time to swap the Pimms for the Gin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yes Rita hard times they really were but fabulous playground for us kids.Have a look.
Wow Dolly that looks amazing. What a lovely place to grow up in.

This is exact image of the type of Nissan hut I lived in.

View attachment 1550548screen capture tool
Never seen those before Dolly.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wow Dolly that looks amazing. What a lovely place to grow up in.
Yes,it is not far from me,lovely walking round there,we had a huge swimming pool right in middle of forest,loved going there in late fifties,sixties and seventies it was called the Lido.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes,it is not far from me,lovely walking round there,we had a huge swimming pool right in middle of forest,loved going there in late fifties,sixties and seventies it was called the Lido.
Here is pic of it,they closed the pool in ‘83.🙁 Deep end was 10 ft.

01-B42-C80-3-BBB-4-F37-885-D-BA1-C16-AC269-F.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Hi, yes what a lovely quilt Harri made for you Dolly 🍰😊

I really like to see all the quilts Harri makes! Very talented our Harri 🌺😊

The nights are getting darker here and today it will be 14C haha . Just a couple of weeks ago we had 30C.

I work from home a lot as a freelance graphic designer Harri, almost too much to do at the moment. But I am grateful, had a hard time and lost a big client last winter-now I have a found a new one 😀so I sit by my computer working in my living room
Hi Gullri

oh brilliant what type of things do you draw? You obviously are a very talented, artistic lady

ooh 14C sounds ok I’m always hot these days but I’m sure I will be complaining when it gets cold. Has it been warmer than normal this year for you?

Good that you can work from home. Oh I’m sorry I hope you get lots of work to keep you busy so you are ok

take care x

• Heart
They had soldiers housed during WW2,then later soldiers before moving on to bases etc,council purchased them and rehoused families.Supposed to be very temporary until a flat/house was available.

Seen that before Mrs C it’s lovely piccie.❤
Oh this is a different one. I know which pic you are referring to though. Love MrsC xxxx

They had soldiers housed during WW2,then later soldiers before moving on to bases etc,council purchased them and rehoused families.Supposed to be very temporary until a flat/house was available.

Chepstow hospital was barracks originally too. I don't know if it's still there

Last edited:
  • Heart
I remember ice on the inside of the bedroom windows and no central heating. We didn't have a proper bath until I was about ten. I've just made a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. duck me. It's a disaster. It looks like it's been in a car crash. I'll stick to my carvings and toolmaking I think. The frosting tastes nice though. MrC is going to piss himself laughing later. I'll phone him to pick up some cheesecake. Lol.x
Bet it still tastes good - it all goes the same way tho Mrs C 😏 😉
I was thinking how fortunate my early years were in that I lived with my grandparents in the bungalow he built after the war, we always had a telly and a phone too, we were never cold nor hungry either. Now how different it would have been with just my useless parents supposedly "raising" us? It doesn't bear thinking about. I was blessed to have had 13 years with grandma and grandad before hell descended on us when they both died suddenly 💔 yet even 50 years on its still a huge burden I carry with me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
What dog have you got?. What's his her name? How many cats have you got and what breed, what are their names. What type of fish have you got. Oh so many questions. I'm being nosey
I have a landseer - she's called bear!

Three cats which are all rescues.

2 fish which we call sushi 😂😂

Xxxxxxx

• Heart
I'm a bit defensive over my tools. I locked a lot of stuff away. That's my livelihood. My trade I can't do much about the pillar drill and bench drill. MrC laughs about me worrying about my tools. He says I don't know any woman like you. He's not with me for my cooking skills that's for sure. He says that your autism is part of who you are and anyone who dismisses you for that are shallow and don't deserve the best parts of you. It's a challenge he said but I don't love you any less. He's a strong capable loyal man and I always tell him how much I love and appreciate him and his efforts. He said you are always working to better yourself and you make me feel very loved and wanted He's been there no matter what. That's true love. On a serious note though I don't take any tit. Love MrC. He rocks x

Xxxxxxx
I had a fish tank once. It got broke and it was full of catfish. My husband and I were fighting at the time. I took them to the garden centre to save them. Sushi. Does it mean you are eyeing them up to eat. We eventually got a hobby we both enjoyed..... a divorce. I'm glad your pets are happy and settled. I've never heard of a landseer. I'll have to google that one. Love MrsC xxxx

Last edited:
Hi Gullri

oh brilliant what type of things do you draw? You obviously are a very talented, artistic lady

ooh 14C sounds ok I’m always hot these days but I’m sure I will be complaining when it gets cold. Has it been warmer than normal this year for you?

Good that you can work from home. Oh I’m sorry I hope you get lots of work to keep you busy so you are ok

take care x
😊I make some layouts, logotypes, webpages and illustrate kind of boring things like manuals -but it’s fun to be able to be creative for a living 😀🌹

I think it has been warmer but only for a few days, nothing crazy really ☀

• Heart
😊I make some layouts, logotypes, webpages and illustrate kind of boring things like manuals -but it’s fun to be able to be creative for a living 😀🌹

I think it has been warmer but only for a few days, nothing crazy really ☀
Clever lady Gullri.good for you that busines is good for you.Take as much as the sun you can then.❤

Xxxxxxx
Awwwwwwww Related to the Newfoundland absolutely so beautiful..wow.❤Is she black&white?

I'm a bit defensive over my tools. I locked a lot of stuff away. That's my livelihood. My trade I can't do much about the pillar drill and bench drill. MrC laughs about me worrying about my tools. He says I don't know any woman like you. He's not with me for my cooking skills that's for sure. He says that your autism is part of who you are and anyone who dismisses you for that are shallow and don't deserve the best parts of you. It's a challenge he said but I don't love you any less. He's a strong capable loyal man and I always tell him how much I love and appreciate him and his efforts. He said you are always working to better yourself and you make me feel very loved and wanted He's been there no matter what. That's true love. On a serious note though I don't take any tit. Love MrC. He rocks x

I had a fish tank once. It got broke and it was full of catfish. My husband and I were fighting at the time. I took them to the garden centre to save them. Sushi. Does it mean you are eyeing them up to eat. We eventually got a hobby we both enjoyed..... a divorce. I'm glad your pets are happy and settled. I've never heard of a landseer. I'll have to google that one. Love MrsC xxxx
Mrs C related to the Newfoundland doggies..❤Just looked it up❤

• Heart

Xxxxxxx
Ooh, can we have photos please and cat names too.

Lol like your sense of humour but sure you would never eat your fish.

Mum watches this rubbish German soap opera about a hotel. There’s a miniature pig called Chantal with black spots, she’s unbelievably cute. We love animals!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ooh, can we have photos please and cat names too.

Lol like your sense of humour but sure you would never eat your fish.

Mum watches this rubbish German soap opera about a hotel. There’s a miniature pig called Chantal with black spots, she’s unbelievably cute. We love animals!
Awww Harri,this is Landseer beautiful.

• Heart

That’s so interesting Dolly. I love hearing about peoples lives. That Lido was huge.

• Heart
1662216515536.png
This was our Lido way back when; Many a long summer day spent here but sadly its now all gone to be replaced by yet more obscenely expensive housing. A sad indictment of how life has changed and not for the better :(

Gawd I have gone all reminiscent now! Now this was my old home town again in 1968 when we got flooded, but for us kids it really was the most exciting event EVER when sent home from school early then having a thirty minute race home on foot (buses cancelled) before the tidal wave came swooshing down our road! My siblings and I were rescued by the army on one of those DUKW things.
I love the Mr Cholomondly-Warner voiceover too LOLhttps://youtu.be/g9WxiPsIuCk

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
View attachment 1551005 This was our Lido way back when; Many a long summer day spent here but sadly its now all gone to be replaced by yet more obscenely expensive housing. A sad indictment of how life has changed and not for the better :(

Gawd I have gone all reminiscent now! Now this was my old home town again in 1968 when we got flooded, but for us kids it really was the most exciting event EVER when sent home from school early then having a thirty minute race home before the tidal wave came swooshing down our road! My siblings and I were rescued by the army on one of those DUKW things.
I love the Mr Cholomondly-Warner voiceover too LOLhttps://youtu.be/g9WxiPsIuCk
aww Rita I know..sad eh?oh I love Mr Cholomondky-Warner fantastic voice and the clips🤣

Clever lady Gullri.good for you that busines is good for you.Take as much as the sun you can then.❤

Awwwwwwww Related to the Newfoundland absolutely so beautiful..wow.❤Is she black&white?

Mrs C related to the Newfoundland doggies..❤Just looked it up❤
Oh thanks Dolly. A big teddy bear of a dog. Lovely xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.