Krusties #2 the sequel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dolly you going into sales love?

you do make me laugh at times, don’t ever change.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Anybody that likes strong cheese etc..Ems!you may like this.

STINKING BISHOPS POTATOES

(Not for the faint-hearted)

Stinking Bishop is a fantastic English Cheese ,very smelly as the name suggests, the rind is washed in perry. It has a real affinity with English Rose.

2 onions , chopped
bay leaf
50g butter
150g green or smoked streaky ,chopped
1kg waxy potatoes (charlotte , pinkfir apple)
300-500g Stinking Bishop in wedges
100 ml English Rose
Boil potatoes with bay leaf from cold for 10-15 minutes until barely cooked . Drain and cut into thick slices ready to be sauteed.

Meanwhile melt the butter in a thick bottomed frying pan and chuck in the onions and chopped bacon.Fry on medium heat to give it some colour. Remove from pan and set aside . Add more butter to pan and saute the potatoes until nicely golden. Add the bacon and onions and mix in the wine . Bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of minutes to reduce the wine.

Tip into oven proof vessel and dot with 8-10 wedges of Stinking Bishop ,rind side up on the top. Cover with foil and cook in oven for 15-20 minutes (180c?/middle of aga) , remove foil and return to colour up the top for another 15 minutes.

A meal in itself but goes nicely with a bit of Brisket .
Ohhhhhhh, yum yum & yum 😋😋 that's going in this week's meal planner somewhere. All my lot will love that. I'm lucky that all the kids like stinky cheese. I'll do 1 lot without bacon for the pesketarian.
Thanks for sharing that @Dollylovesshoes 😘

@BigBlue2018 would you please be kind enough to share some of your recipes? We're allowed to on here because we won't be derailing whoop whoop 🎉🎉

Does anyone use the Too Good To Go app? It's fab. Saving food, saving money & saving the planet. I rescued 3 bags last week & was informed I'd saved enough emissions to power a TV for a week 😳 The kids love it because you don't know exactly what you get until you open the bags 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Afternoon everyone 👽🤗❤😘 hope you're all having a peaceful Sunday X

Just caught up 🙄 sigh, I really thought no rats would bother poking their dirty little whiskers in here with all the cats about, but there we are. 🐭

I notice the CC poster has quoted my post to attach their suspicions to. I shan't be responding to them until they have the good grace to explain why they're hiding behind a new ID if they're a regular Tattler. The mods are obviously investigating, I hope they'll let us know the results of their findings to bring the matter to a swift conclusion, for everybody's sake.

Meanwhile, hope you all enjoy your Sunday lunches folks ❤😘

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm just lurking atm. Im too ill to function. I haven't ever felt this rough in my life.
Oh no 🤒🥵🥶 rest as much as you can. Keep drinking plenty. There's an awful cold doing the rounds at the moment. And it's taking people weeks to fully recover. I read a report somewhere that because we spent so long in lockdown, colds weren't spreading like they usually do & that's why they're so bad now.
Sending gentle squirrel huggles 🤗🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Did anyone see Adam Peaty yesterday on Strictly? Those jeans he was wearing! As I’ve said, I find the physique of swimmers and male gymnasts most beguiling!
Bath for me and wig washing.

• Haha
Can I ask if the mods are investigating and they conclude the CC poster is incorrect, will the CC post disappear from here, as my posts were removed when I did something not permitted?

So if the post stays, would that mean it's correct?

• Heart
  • Wow
Get well soon Penguin x

My hub used to say I fart like a navi, effin cheek.I can’t help it.👀
[/QUOTE]

Do you reckon that KP's black plastic trousers had that issue ? :unsure: :oops: They looked so "puffed out" in the rear in the press photos :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Well guys another recipe.
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 whole camembert
  • 6-8 slices of prosciutto
  • 5 garlic cloves
  • Small bunch of chives
  • 1 pack of puff pastry
  • 1 egg yolk, beaten
  • Flour for dusting
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Slice the top of the cheese off, peel the garlic and finely chop the chives.
  2. Into the topless cheese push in the garlic cloves and sprinkle over the chives, pushing some in where you can. Place the lid of the cheese back on and wrap the cheese in the ham. You want to wrap it so the whole wheel is covered, matching the ends round the other side of the cheese. This will take 6-8 slices depending.
  3. Once the cheese is cover in the ham, wrap in the sheet of pastry. It might be easier to trim the pastry so it is a square, and match the points to each other in the reverse side of the cheese. Pinch the pastry together
  4. And cut off any excess. The bottom should be flat and fairly smooth.
  5. Brush with the egg wash and do whatever pattern you wish to on top. Bake at 200°C for around 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden and puffy.

Get well soon Penguin x

My hub used to say I fart like a navi, effin cheek.I can’t help it.👀
Do you reckon that KP's black plastic trousers had that issue ? :unsure: :oops: They looked so "puffed out" in the rear in the press photos :LOL:
[/QUOTE]
They must effin stink anyway,I remember bubble shoes made your effin feet stink to high heaven.🤢

• Heart
Can I ask if the mods are investigating and they conclude the CC poster is incorrect, will the CC post disappear from here, as my posts were removed when I did something not permitted?

So if the post stays, would that mean it's correct?
I hope they'll come straight out and tell us what's what after they've investigated 👍👍 but you could always ask them directly I guess.

Reactions: 14
Well guys another recipe.
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 whole camembert
  • 6-8 slices of prosciutto
  • 5 garlic cloves
  • Small bunch of chives
  • 1 pack of puff pastry
  • 1 egg yolk, beaten
  • Flour for dusting
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Slice the top of the cheese off, peel the garlic and finely chop the chives.
  2. Into the topless cheese push in the garlic cloves and sprinkle over the chives, pushing some in where you can. Place the lid of the cheese back on and wrap the cheese in the ham. You want to wrap it so the whole wheel is covered, matching the ends round the other side of the cheese. This will take 6-8 slices depending.
  3. Once the cheese is cover in the ham, wrap in the sheet of pastry. It might be easier to trim the pastry so it is a square, and match the points to each other in the reverse side of the cheese. Pinch the pastry together
  4. And cut off any excess. The bottom should be flat and fairly smooth.
  5. Brush with the egg wash and do whatever pattern you wish to on top. Bake at 200°C for around 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden and puffy.

They must effin stink anyway,I remember bubble shoes made your effin feet stink to high heaven.🤢
[/QUOTE]
Another 1 I'll be trying. Thanks @Dollylovesshoes 👍
@265 I'll try to remember to take a pic of my dinner 🙂
Just waiting for the 'singing swede' to ping 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Another 1 I'll be trying. Thanks @Dollylovesshoes 👍
@265 I'll try to remember to take a pic of my dinner 🙂
Just waiting for the 'singing swede' to ping 😁
[/QUOTE]
Oh I loveeeee swede. Loads of pepper with roast beef,me mum always done that.Mum was such a fab cook,only straight dinners as such but always gorgeous,Her roast pork was fantastic.

• Heart
I hope they'll come straight out and tell us what's what after they've investigated 👍👍 but you could always ask them directly I guess.
I'm not sure how you contact them, I found a forum business, but that's a nightmare to navigate. I've decided to move back to 90% lurking instead now and I am also limiting myself on how many times in one week I can come on Tattle :)

(been on a little more than I should cause I keep checking for Liar Liar )

In fairness, as my user name suggests, I don't tend to fit in a lot, I don't like to join in anything much, so I've only got myself to blame for feeling this way. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh another fab one.

Baked pesto chicken breasts

Ingredients
  • 4 skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 to 8 tablespoons red or green pesto
  • 150 to 200g grated mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
Method
    1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a baking dish with parchment or foil.
    2. Take the chicken breasts and smother them in the pesto on all sides. Use 4 to 8 spoonfuls of pesto, depending on your taste. Also season the chicken with salt and pepper if desired.
    3. Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, quickly take the chicken breasts out of the oven and sprinkle with half the mozzarella, then with chopped tomato, followed by fresh chopped herbs then the remainder of the Mozzarella.
    4. Place the chicken back in the oven and cook a further 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken is done and no longer pink, and the cheese is melted.
1635083468546.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm not sure how you contact them, I found a forum business, but that's a nightmare to navigate. I've decided to move back to 90% lurking instead now and I am also limiting myself on how many times in one week I can come on Tattle :)

In fairness, as my user name suggests, I don't tend to fit in a lot, I don't like to join in anything much, so I've only got myself to blame for feeling this way. :)
If you want anyone to see a message on here, the quickest way is to use @ and then start typing in their name. A list pops up and you pick the right poster you want.

If you report the post, you can say why, in this case who is the troll. I'd do it but I've had that privilege removed, along with others, as I'm a bad girl. I'm not complaining, it's true. Might try a Katie price type fake apology. Love you @Yel @Helen @Moderator etc.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.