Krusties #2 the sequel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got an underactive thyroid, my Mum had it as well. I've got fibro and a few other ailments, also had Covid a few weeks back, so I live in brain fog, exhaustion and the vibe of feeling at least a zillion years old :sleep: sorry what was I saying 😊 (and some days, it's really just like that).

It helps to make sure firstly, that your dosage of thyroxine is correct. My Mum stayed the same dose, no issue, I've been down to 25mcg and up to over 200mcg. Mine changes so much, I have bloods taken every 3 months to check.

Also, some parts of the UK are more supportive, but you can get different types of thyroxine and there is also another part (can't remember this late but it's something about T3 and T4?) but they are two different things and measures in the blood checks. There is a 2nd type of medication for this, but a lot of health areas won't fund the other type. It's worth asking for a visit to the Endocrine team at your local hospital to go over your thyroid issue and ask for any recommendations/support from them.

Some diet things can help and hinder thyroid issues, so have a read up on those too.

Here's a little list.....

Nutrition
Foods to eat:
  • Foods with antioxidants: e.g. berries such as strawberries, blueberries
  • Cruciferous vegetables: e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage
  • Vitamin D rich Foods: e.g. fish, egg, mushroom
  • Omega-3 fatty acid containing foods: e.g. walnut, olive oil, flaxseed
  • Calcium-rich Foods: e.g. milk, cheese

Foods to avoid:
  • Suspected food allergens such as dairy products, wheat gluten, soy, corn and artificial food additives
  • High-glycemic carbs such as white flour, sugary sweets, juices, low-fiber cereals, rice cakes and instant potatoes
  • Unhealthy fats such as red, fried and processed meats, crackers, cookies, cakes, pastries and french fries
  • Alcohol and caffeine

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hear you @Harrigan, but your original post didn't indicate any stress or upset - only that you lost your way in the office. Of course other friends on here relate to things like that and react with a 🤭 :ROFLMAO:.
If you see my original post #452 I do say I was nearly in tears

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Morning Krustiewusties. Just let Dave out,so dark out there.Good boy though he is.

Dreading tomorrow halloween re any fireworks going off..Dave is ok but I feel so much for animals That are traumatised by them.☹My friends doggie can’t stop shaking,she worries he may get heart attack.🙁Also I feel for all wildlife.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Morning Krustiewusties. Just let Dave out,so dark out there.Good boy though he is.

Dreading tomorrow halloween re any fireworks going off..Dave is ok but I feel so much for animals That are traumatised by them.☹My friends doggie can’t stop shaking,she worries he may get heart attack.🙁Also I feel for all wildlife.
Morning Dolly, bless you, you do so worry about Dave.

Chico bad boy, he was jumping on me head this morning as he’s hungry!

That poor dog. Chico is ok with fireworks but as you say some animals are frightened by them.

Baking again today. Love to bake at the weekend. But for now back to bed.

Speak to you later

• Heart

Bloody buggering fireworks should be banned from public sale & only used at organised displays!
My friends have terrible difficulty with their horses & calming them down when there's fireworks going off.
And sodding bonfires....I always feel sick at the thought of hedgehog's who have gone in to sleep. They are built so far in advance & must attract small creatures looking for shelter 😭

• Sad
Bloody buggering fireworks should be banned from public sale & only used at organised displays!
My friends have terrible difficulty with their horses & calming them down when there's fireworks going off.
And sodding bonfires....I always feel sick at the thought of hedgehog's who have gone in to sleep. They are built so far in advance & must attract small creatures looking for shelter 😭
Awful isn’t it?I have signed a few petitions..I see that I think it maybe Asda that sell non sounding fireworks,but I think of owls etc at night.☹

Many years ago I had this lovely book Called Witches Hollow (I loved witches when a kid) I loved that book and lent it to my cousin, ugger never returned it,the book is so rare now,they have two on Abe Books one selling for £85,another for £550.😳😳

This was my one.🙁https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22851908267&cm_sp=SEARCHREC-_-WIDGET-L-_-BDP-F&searchurl=sortby=17&tn=Witches+hollow

I didn’t realise my entry on firework comment..sorry about that.🙁

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes you hear awful stories about hedgehogs and bonfire night, bless them they are such gorgeous creatures and so helpful in the garden sling all that work for free.
We have a community centre nearby and they always do firework displays but probably too close as at times you will see an exploded firework on the pavement!

• Sad
Bit quiet on here today

Oh well, the suns come out after a rainy start, yay!

Finished first of my Christmas advent calendars, one down, four more to go.

Morning MrsEms hope you’re ok
Please tell me if I ever upset you, I’m like a bull in a China shop at times! Take care

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi Harri,well after nasty morning skies are clearing,blue sky now..You clever lady..

Oh where are you Krusties?☹

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Bit quiet on here today

Oh well, the suns come out after a rainy start, yay!

Finished first of my Christmas advent calendars, one down, four more to go.

Morning MrsEms hope you’re ok
Please tell me if I ever upset you, I’m like a bull in a China shop at times! Take care
Afternoon my lovely harri, afternoon all🥰
Harri, you've never upset me. I was just worried about you yesterday! Hope you feel happier today❤

• Heart
Hi Dolly

Yes but it’s gone very grey again may well rain again
Hope Dave is behaving himself
Thanks Dolly
Here it is
Awwwww Harri,soo clever and it’s beautiful..artistic..❤

Oh I have been watching Cruise ship killers..Love it,true stories of killings on cruise ships.Amazing..Do love my true crime.Shopping from Ocado early so lovely..ordered some fresh sliced chicken for cats..They love it..ordered some turnips for my hole dish in the week (casserole) I mean.😊

Hi Ems,hope you are feeling wee bit better today sweetie.❤ What’s for din dins then?😊

Dave the sod has just got up from bed,laying in front of fire now.God they cant arf kip.🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I've got an underactive thyroid, my Mum had it as well. I've got fibro and a few other ailments, also had Covid a few weeks back, so I live in brain fog, exhaustion and the vibe of feeling at least a zillion years old :sleep: sorry what was I saying 😊 (and some days, it's really just like that).

It helps to make sure firstly, that your dosage of thyroxine is correct. My Mum stayed the same dose, no issue, I've been down to 25mcg and up to over 200mcg. Mine changes so much, I have bloods taken every 3 months to check.

Also, some parts of the UK are more supportive, but you can get different types of thyroxine and there is also another part (can't remember this late but it's something about T3 and T4?) but they are two different things and measures in the blood checks. There is a 2nd type of medication for this, but a lot of health areas won't fund the other type. It's worth asking for a visit to the Endocrine team at your local hospital to go over your thyroid issue and ask for any recommendations/support from them.

Some diet things can help and hinder thyroid issues, so have a read up on those too.

Here's a little list.....

Nutrition
Foods to eat:
  • Foods with antioxidants: e.g. berries such as strawberries, blueberries
  • Cruciferous vegetables: e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage
  • Vitamin D rich Foods: e.g. fish, egg, mushroom
  • Omega-3 fatty acid containing foods: e.g. walnut, olive oil, flaxseed
  • Calcium-rich Foods: e.g. milk, cheese

Foods to avoid:
  • Suspected food allergens such as dairy products, wheat gluten, soy, corn and artificial food additives
  • High-glycemic carbs such as white flour, sugary sweets, juices, low-fiber cereals, rice cakes and instant potatoes
  • Unhealthy fats such as red, fried and processed meats, crackers, cookies, cakes, pastries and french fries
  • Alcohol and caffeine
Sorry to hear you have an underactive thyroid too and that you had covid..Pom hugs for you 🤗😘 xx.

Your message is excellent advice and has helped alot, many thanks for all your help..I have booked marked your message ❤ xx

I'm on 100g exactly and have been for a while but it does seem the doctor says it's normal and then dismiss it, so it's good I can take it further..it gives me hope for the future abit more. Love from Pom 🥰💕💖❤🤗😘 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Pom ! Take care sweetheart..❤Thinking of you,I hate it when a Krusties isn’t well.☹ Lots of us I think have ailments etc.. 😢 I hope in future you can slot my Dave in a meme.🤣I would treasure it.❤Take care.😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Afternoon my lovely harri, afternoon all🥰
Harri, you've never upset me. I was just worried about you yesterday! Hope you feel happier today❤
Hi MrsEms,
Bless you. But you tell me if I do, yes?
Well I’m always up and down and at times I feel I can self combust. I could say it’s my artistic temperament but no, I’m an Aquarius so we’re a mad lot!
I’m fine thanks hope you’re feeling better x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi MrsEms,
Bless you. But you tell me if I do, yes?
Well I’m always up and down and at times I feel I can self combust. I could say it’s my artistic temperament but no, I’m an Aquarius so we’re a mad lot!
I’m fine thanks hope you’re feeling better x
Oh dear Harri! I know how you feel,I’m so low at times my darling sisinlaw always worry about me,but I don’t tell her everything..I keep lots of it to meself…I get so depressed at times..but you carry on etc..Try to hide things.. to be honest though I’m glad I’m not with anyone..I just get on with it.. yes I worry about me wobbly legs etc..cant get in shower these days,cost me a fortune to have bathroom designed..oh well..never mind..I have to be honest ever since my sis died..it took its toll on me. We were so close..
anyyway stop it Dolly.. 🤓

Oh,just going through my memory of years ago,remembering some journalists..!I honestly have to own up and say loved Lynda Lee Potter,she interviewed loads of ‘stars’ she despised Lulu which can understand..Elaine Paige..and few others..She was lethal but I loved it.Honest reports.

Oh god yes remember Nigel Dempster…he could be lethal as well.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Pom ! Take care sweetheart..❤Thinking of you,I hate it when a Krusties isn’t well.☹ Lots of us I think have ailments etc.. 😢 I hope in future you can slot my Dave in a meme.🤣I would treasure it.❤Take care.😊
Thank you very much Dolly 🥰💕💖❤🤗😘 xx.
I love to add your Dave in one of my pics, that's a lovely idea ..I hope to make that for you over the weekend. Pom hugs for you🥰💕😘🤗❤ xx

• Heart
Afternoon all 👽🤗❤😘 hope you're all ok today. Especially lovely @Pom Bear hope you're in a better place today, bless you, love ya lots & keep smiling my friend 👽🤗❤😘🐾🐾 xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.